Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Boston Comic Con Aug. 8, 9. 10th, 2014
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston Comic Con Aug. 8, 9. 10th, 2014
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Returning bigger than ever, 3 days' worth.
Down in Boston's seaport area - just gorgeous.
Parking is pricey, though street parking is free on Sundays. Closeby public transportation though.

Here's the website with complete list of artists, celebrities, vendors and a map with where to find them in exhibit hall.

Gaming events, film festival, cosplay contest.
Harbor cruise, comedy night.
http://bostoncomiccon.com/

For those that are local, this coming Wednesday there will be a costume parade/contest at Faneuil Hall Marketplace from around noon - 1:00 pm. Last year this was hysterically funny, in the midst of everything else that goes on there.

We'll be set up there, as usual..Table A419.

Feel invited to write me directly if you have any questions..

Byrna
B&B Grrrl AF & Cards

Posts: 622 | Location: Boston, MA USA | Registered: December 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just an update on the Harbor Cruise.
Tickets are selling out quickly.
-
IVY DOOM KITTY'S SATURDAY NIGHT COSPLAY HARBOR CRUISE
Private three hour boat cruise exclusively for Boston Comic Con cosplayers and attendees around Boston Harbor hosted by famous Cosplayer IVY DOOM KITTY. Saturday night 8PM to 11PM. There will be DJ, a bar, and a costume contest (sounds like a winning combo).

You must be at least 21 years old to attend this event. The boat is docked at the venue and begins boarding at 7:30PM. Costumes encouraged but not required.

Posts: 622 | Location: Boston, MA USA | Registered: December 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last bit of info...show starts in 2 days!

"Come meet your favorite COMIC BOOK CREATORS like Adam Kubert, Jeff Smith, Amanda Conner, Greg Capullo, Mark Waid, Scott Snyder, Carlos Pacheco, Jimmy Palmiotti, and so many more."

{and I'm going to put a plug in here for a local creator - Jim Sevard - who has created/published his dream - a now successful comic book "Hellion"}

"A star studded line up of CELEBRITIES from your favorite TV shows and movies including John Barrowman (Arrow), Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones), Sean Astin (Lord of The Rings), Jewel Staite (Firefly), Eve Myles (Torchwood), James Marsters (Buffy), Sam Witwer (Being Human), and DMC (yep, of Run DMC).

Cosplayers unite! Check out our first annual BOSTON HARBOR COSPLAY CRUISE on Saturday night hosted by Ivy Doom Kitty. Ivy will also be hosting this year's COSTUME CONTEST on Sunday!

Don't forget, admission to this year's official BCC AFTERPARTY AT LAUGH BOSTON on Saturday night (after the Cosplay Harbor Cruise) is FREE to BCC ticket holders. Just show them your wristband!"

See you there!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Donna and I will be set up there as well with 3 booths of cards, inserts, boxes and whatever else I can think of to bring.

Dave
Booths 201,221,222

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What a great day in Boston.

1st my wife saves a guys life by keeping his airway open as he was having a seizer, then I stumble across a comic book dealer that had boxes of 90s marvel cards just sitting on his shelves. You wont believe this, but I picked up a box of 1996 Marvel Masterpieces. Box wasn't sealed, but it still had all 24 packs on blister cards. Picked up a total of 9 90's era marvel boxes.

what a great day, can't wait till tomorrow.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post