Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Promos - May 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Promos - May 2013
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The new promo cards to announce for today are both from Monsterwax and will be found at the Monsterwax table at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show this coming weekend (May 4-5)

Monsterwax will be giving away a promo for its new series. The subject matter has not been announced and will be revealed at the show for the first time ever. Kurt and company tell me it's a topic that has never been the subject of a card series.

Monsterwax's other Philly promo card give-away is a limited promo (only 500 will be made) that promotes Monsterwax, rather that any particular series. The art is by Ricardo Garijo, Jr. This will be an ongoing line of cards that promote the company, sort of like a business card with unique art on the fronts. Monsterwax will be releasing a few of these per year. After the Philly Show, Monsterwax will give away any remaining cards with orders placed on Monsterwax.com.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking cards! Thumb Up

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Love the Ricardo Jr. Monsterwax promo.
Dying (teehee) to see what the new set promo will be.

The following is sung to the tune of the Green Acres tv show.
Phil-ly Show is the place to be
Card shoppin' is the life for me
Binders spreadin' out for far and wide
No stayin' home, just couldn't let this one slide.

Humbly dedicated to all the terrific people that make this show possible. Thumb Up

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hoping to have these pretty looking promos for the show
hot off the press

Thanks Tom & Stewart

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They look a bit American Horror Story to me.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
They look a bit American Horror Story to me.

Must be the Canine eyes. I can’t tell what the cards are.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
No! Chicago's where I want to go!
Ed & Kevin put on quite a show.
I just adore the CNCS.
Philly is nice but Chicago is still the best!

Good one, Kev.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The next card is one from Ed's Scifi Cards series....

This is Scifi Cards promo number P24 with art by Steven Miller. It will be available at the Scifi Cards table.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Should be P24.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
Should be P24.

It is numbered as such now. Thanks.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Today's promo card announcements are from Versicolor Productions. Versicolor has given us 4 cards but the quantities are limited on all of them.

Bettie Page Private Collection unnumbered Thank You promo with art by M Jason Reed

Jack's Sketch Card Series P20, art by Geri Centonze

Jack's Sketch Card Series P21, art by Allan Santos Da Silva

Jack's Sketch Card Series P22, art by Elaine Perna

We will give out the Bettie Page unnumbered Thank You card as supplies last (they likely will not last until the end). And we'll give the Jack's Sketch Card Series cards randomly and most promo packs should contain one of the three cards.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great cards there. I have the Jack cards 1-19 and thought they had finished but no there back again. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
New Bettie Page and 3 new Jack Sketch cards Drool : this show is probably going to be the best ever....And I won't be there. Frown

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
New Bettie Page and 3 new Jack Sketch cards Drool : this show is probably going to be the best ever....And I won't be there. Frown

Not Bettie Page 3. It is the LAST Bettie Page promo card. Just a Thank You to everyone for making the Bettie Page sets a lot of fun to work on. And to promote the binders and Lost subsets we have.

Thanks,
Billy

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Here is another Rittenhouse Archives promo that will be given away at the show this weekend:

It is Star Trek TNG: Heroes & Villains P4 and it will be given away from the Rittenhouse Archives tables.

Remember...you can see a gallery of all of the free cards that will be given away this weekend at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show on our Philly Non-Sports Card Show May Promo Page.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Very nice variety so far. Can't wait to see what Tom & Breygent will have!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hi All:

Here is another Rittenhouse Archives promo that will be given away at the show this weekend:

It is Star Trek TNG: Heroes & Villains P4 and it will be given away from the Rittenhouse Archives tables.

Remember...you can see a gallery of all of the free cards that will be given away this weekend at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show on our Philly Non-Sports Card Show May Promo Page.

I wish I could BEAM over and get one of those.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just in from the printer. We're going to try to overnight them to Harris at the Hilton in time to get them included in the bags, if not, stop by the Topps booth.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those look really great, so colourful.