Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    September 2013 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 2013 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

We welcome all NSU Card Talk members and guest to the Card Talk Member Gathering at the September 2013 Philly Non-Sports Card Show.

This show's NSU Card Talk Member Gathering will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn (1787-B Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109), our host Hotel, in the Lehigh Valley Room. During this show's NSU Card Talk member gathering, the panel will spotlight Garbage Pail Kids including new product news. Topps will touch on Garbage Pail Kids Chrome and show previews from upcoming sets. In the works is a top-secret video preview with some limited giveaways. Also on-hand to talk about their involvement in the various projects will be GPK artists Brent Engstrom and Joe Simko.

As usual, we'll discuss what's new with NSU at the start and offer up a few prizes at the close of the meeting. All registered Card Talk members (registered as of August 1, 2013) will be eligible to win any prizes we have. To keep things fair, once we give away a prize to one family member, husband/wife, etc. that will take that group out of the running for any other prizes.

The gathering will start at 8:15 on Sunday, September 22 and will last approximately one hour. Light refreshments will be served including coffee, donuts, and bagels.

We invite all Card Talk members (and their guests) attending the show to come to the gathering. Space will be limited and there is no cost to sign up. I have sent invites through the Eventbrite system to many of your who have attended previously.

HOW TO SIGN-UP
Please only sign-up if you can make it, as we hate to turn anyone away and then have empty seats. We're using the EventBrite system once again to facilitate sign-up:

NSU Card Talk September 2013 Member Gathering

When signing up, be sure to supply your "real" name and forum ID for each person you are RSVP'ing for (guests are welcome too - please be sure to supply guests full name for the name badges). The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, September 11, or while space permits. If anyone has any trouble with the sign-up process, please let me know.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Harris!

I signed up and am looking forward to attending.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Sheri & I are in, too!!

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
Thanks, Harris!

I can't believe I'm going to miss you. Are you going to the May show?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Thanks, Harris!

Graham -- I'd love to finally meet you (and Hammer as well if he's coming)! Hopefully, I will be able to attend the Spring show. If there's anything you'd like for me to pick up for you at this show, just let me know! You've got my email.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Thanks, Harris!

Graham -- I'd love to finally meet you (and Hammer as well if he's coming)! Hopefully, I will be able to attend the Spring show. If there's anything you'd like for me to pick up for you at this show, just let me know! You've got my email.

If you are coming to the spring show then so am I Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Jo Anne and I plan on attending!

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Batman will be at both shows! I hope my UK mates are considering another extended stay as Harris and I do in the UK think of all the trouble we can get in!! Smile Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Batman will be at both shows! I hope my UK mates are considering another extended stay as Harris and I do in the UK think of all the trouble we can get in!! Smile Big Grin

Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signed up...thanks Harris!

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Signed up the day I got the email! Ready to Roll!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder, the deadline to sign up is coming up in just about two weeks on September 11. We only have 8 open spots left so if you're on the fence about coming, better decide soon. Wink

Info about the member gathering and a link to the sign up site is in the first post of this thread.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The meeting is now filled up. If you find you are unable to make the meeting for some reason, please let us know so that we can allow others to come who we otherwise will likely have to turn away.

Also, Topps has revealed a bit of what they plan to do at the meeting on the show website. Below is the same text:

Topps is hard at work on several fronts for the 59th Philly Non-Sports Cards Show. First off, the company will give away brand new promo cards to fans who attend the show on September 21st and 22nd in Allentown, PA. Details are expected soon.

The Manhattan-based company has also revealed they will announce details regarding the launch of a brand new Garbage Pail Kids MiniKins YouTube channel at the show’s Sunday morning NSU Card Talk panel. Registration is required for the panel and is now sold out. The company will also have assorted prizes to give away at the end of the panel. One of the prizes will be a super rare gold Adam Bomb MiniKins not available in packs. They company promises to reveal more details about how to get Gold MiniKins and assures us they’ll be very limited.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
sounds fun!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I send my regards and best wishes. Card Talk gatherings are always the greatest!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
I send my regards and best wishes. Card Talk gatherings are always the greatest!

Ditto and want to add that I'm so very jealous of those that are going! One day...........

Sigh. Shake Head

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris,

Did anyone cancel at the last moment? Please put one guest on standby for me. (My wife) just in case.

ThanksSmile

John

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We must have a half-dozen or more people who have asked after the bell to come tomorrow. I'm going to try to get some extra people in the room but I can't make any promises. It will be very tight in the room.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wish I was in Allentown this weekend! Frown

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the meeting everyone