Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    64th Philly Show 14-15 May 2016
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

64th Philly Show 14-15 May 2016
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
Except for the GREAT promos there hasn't been much else posted here and it is only 5 weeks away!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Who's planning on attending the show? I will be there with Hammer, I know Paul Bines will be attending as well, and I believe Curler is coming too. Dance Anyone else?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anyone who can put the banner up will be welcome. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I am coming! I booked my flight last month. Smile

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be there; but, did I miss an announcement or an email about the hotel? I thought I usually booked the hotel before now.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Who's planning on attending the show? I will be there with Hammer, I know Paul Bines will be attending as well, and I believe Curler is coming too. Dance Anyone else?

That's my cover blown then Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Anyone who can put the banner up will be welcome. Big Grin

All that matters is it was the Brits that put the first banner up Smile

posted Hide Post
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Elaine and I will be guests at the 64th Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown, Pennsylvania from May 14th & 15th 2016.

This is a great show for trading card fans. There will be trading card manufacture companies; Breygent Marketing, Cryptozoic Entertainment, Faerie Metal Photography, etc.... set up at the show as well as other trading card and sketch card artists. Come by our table and say "Hi". We will also have two new free promo cards available at our table for our upcoming card set Hallowe'en: Witchcraft.

If anyone is interested in getting any sketch card commissions drawn by me for pick-up at the show please email me at tmontana@sympatico.ca as soon as possible. I will only be drawing color commissions before the show and not at the show. This is a great chance to get a color piece of art done by me. I do not plan on setting up at any shows or conventions in 2017. Come to the show and see us this year if you can.

More information about the show can be found on the main page of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show website
www.phillynon-sportscardshow.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony Perna,

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's some new info for Philly Non-Sports Card Show attendees.

HOTELS
First of all, the hotel information is up on the Philly Show website. This particular weekend is a busy one in Allentown with graduations so do not wait to book your hotel. I understand the Hilton is actually sold out except for our hotel block. You can also book at the Wingate by Wyndham Allentown, which we are using this time. Again, find that info on the Philly Show website.

GUESTS
Secondly, I'm happy to announce the addition of artist Danielle Ellison to the artist line-up. You can read Danielle's bio and see some examples of her work on the Spring 2016 guest page.

The artist line-up for the Spring show will be as follows:
  • Danielle Ellison
  • Samantha Johnson
  • Rhiannon Owens
  • Sean Pence
  • Elaine Perna
  • Tony Perna
You'll likely find Laura Inglis at the show as well. Smile

PROMOS
We've already posted four awesome promo cards from Perna Studios on our promo page. We have plenty of others to post and will do so in the days leading up to the show.

SUNDAY MORNING PROGRAM
We're putting together the program for Sunday morning now and should have some details to share soon and will start taking names for that. Unfortunately, the Hilton Garden Inn has scheduled another meeting in their conference room for Sunday morning and we've had to change venues but have found a solution that will be quite easy for folks. Stay tuned....

Only five weeks to go to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show Sheep

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Laura will be there as well Wink

Rumor has it that there will be another metal preview/promo card for her Monster series. I believe it will be number four. More info will be found later in the promo thread closer to show date once the artwork is finalized.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Harris will post about this nearer the time, but in addition to a UK CardCast promo card in the Promo packs (and the 2011 promo card that I'll have with me if anyone needs/wants one for dart practice!) there will be a special Metal tribute card to Cliff Tooker for sale at the show - it features one of the images used in his wildlife photography set of a few years ago, is produced with the kind permission of his wife Carol, and (due to some exceedingly generous help from Faerie Metal Photography) ALL proceeds will be going to one of Cliff's favourite charities, Capital Area Greenbelt Association.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi All.

I am starting to get ready for the May 2016 show and thought I would throw this out there.

I am asked at almost every show- do I have commons avail? While I do have a ton of commons, it is not cost effective at all to bring them en-mass to the show. They are heavy and take up a lot of room.

My offer- if you send me an e-mail (cubby5454@aol.com) with your needs, I will see what I have and bring them to the show specifically for you. I can let you know before the show what I have and we can work out the details before the show so we are both on the same page.

I have commons avail from most of the non-sports sets from the past 10 years or so- mostly Inkworks, Rittenhouse, Cryptozoic and Breygent. A little Topps and Upper Deck mixed in there, but not many titles from these two manufacturers.

I hope this helps.
I am sure that other dealers who set up at the show can help you this way also. All you need to do is ask them.

Thanks and see you at the show.

Mike.

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I've just had an update from Faerie Metal Photography about the Cliff Tooker metal tribute card: it has been printed and will be delivered to me at the show. There are 20 Silver cards, each selling for $10 - thanks to the extreme generosity of FMP, ALL proceeds will be going to Capital Area Greenbelt.
There are two cards shown in the picture - the one that is for sale is the SILVER one at the top; the gold one at the bottom is an even more limited edition GOLD card which will NOT be for sale, but which will be a prize at the Card Talk Meeting on Sunday and probably on the podcast later.

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture is not showing for me.

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hello All:

Good news -- Keith Dennis from GTS Distribution will be on-hand at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show in two weeks. Keith will be at the Cryptozoic Entertainment tables and will help promote Cryptozoic products as well as be available for dealers who would like to talk to him about the services GTS Distribution offers and answer questions.

Oh, and you might just see an extra promo card out of this arrangement as well. Wink

The Philly Show at the Merchants Square Mall takes place two weeks from this weekend. Don't miss it. Full details here.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note about hotels. The host hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport is now sold out for Saturday night. There are a few rooms left at the Wingate by Wyndham Allentown for the weekend.

If you would like to book at the Hilton for Friday or the Wingate for Friday and Saturday, you can find the details on our Travel & Hotel Page.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Have a safe journey and a great show to all those going. Wish I was. Maybe next year.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Just spend your pounds and come now! Smokin' If you come Debby will come as well!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
You never know, I might give Debbie a visit while you're at the show Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post