Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 21 & 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 21 & 22
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

October 21st and 22nd

Holiday Inn, 150 S Gary Ave, Carol Stream, IL

www.nonsportcardshows.com

Special Guests

Steven Frank of 5FINITY
Artists Kat Maus and Bill Maus

6 Free Promos at the door! Plus one available at the 5FINITY table!

Pictures of promos to follow this week!

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody looking for something specific?
Now is the time to make your card wants known.
x4741@hotmail.com

See you at the show... Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Let's eat dinner Friday!

I'm a big guy, I like to eat. And after a day at the show I'm not liking the idea of going out.

So join me at Burger Theory in the Holiday Inn for dinner on Friday. Nothing fancy. Everyone's on their own, but they have great burgers and adult beverages too.

Hanging out with like minded people is always a good way to relax after the show.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
How about some promo pictures?

First is a Eule's Vision promo P5 with show logo

Second is Perna Studio's P1 Promo for Classic Mythology IV: World Mythology. Their Summer 23 release. Art by Arwenn Necker

Tune in tomorrow for a couple more images!

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
More promos. These are the Chicago Show promos. One for each of the artists appearing both days; Kat Maus and Bill Maus.

One per person, per day at the door. Kat and Bill will also have a supply for signing.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Promo at the door courtesy of 5FINITY:

Hack/Slash art by creator Tim Seeley.

Tim will be stopping by the show sometime over the weekend as well as an impromptu guest of 5FINITY. So, there may be a chance to get one of these signed if you have good timing.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Last of the promo reveals as I'm heading to Philly this morning and won't have great internet until I get there.

2 Promos from 5FINITY and available at their booth

Kat Maus does Lovebunny and Mr. Hell

And Bill Maus gives us a Mandy and Trizia card

Both cards will be available at the 5FINITY tables. Cards feature the Chicago Show Logo. And the cards were done in a matte finish to facilitate signing.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing my Star Wars Bounty Hunters cards and GPK extras to the show. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody looking for Babylon 5 CCG's?

Just acquired a collection from Premier to Crusade. Yes, that includes ultra-rares.

Email x4741@hotmail.com Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
May be looking to trade for these...
Dinosaurs TV base set and chase set
1990 Simpsons base set & sticker set
Wonder Woman base and chase
1994 & 1995 Marvel Flair base
Back to the Future base set & sticker set
1984 Masters of the Universe base set & sticker set

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One final promo, number 6 of the promos available at the door...

SciFi Cards P75 with art of Larry Welz's Cherry by George Webber.

1 promo pack per person per day, all while supplies last.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
See you all on Saturday. I'll be at the door. Maybe with Halloween Candy. Which I shall gladly keep away from Iggy.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Attended the Saturday show and had a good time. Spoke with many fine folks, including many Card Talkers, picked up some good deals and stuff I didn't know I needed when I came in.
A big missing part of the show was Ed Webb. He had contracted covid and was quarantined in his hotel room. From what I heard he is doing much better and will be headed home today, but he missed the whole show.

Lots of dealers, the regulars, Kevin, Brian, Bill H., Iggy and Carl and Bob (XVader). All are willing to deal. There were other vendors with old cards, lots of good stuff, and I got closer on a couple of sets and finished one. The guys from 5Finity had some not for the kids comics and I got one signed by the artist. Bill H. of Looky Here Cards has a big selection of Buffy figures, and I am still a Buffy fan, so I bought another Willow figure, this one evil Willow in her leather outfit. Also finished up some Buffy foils I needed.

Overall, a good haul. and good to see everyone, except for Ed of course. Thanks Ed and Kevin, for having the show, see you all in the Spring!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about Ed, hope he gets well soon Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Alas, I was not able make the show. I was stuck 2 floors up quarantining in my hotel room.

I think the worst is over, I'm fever free for 24 hours so I'm going to start the journey home in the morning.

Not exactly how I planned this trip. Really missed seeing all my Chicago friends this trip out.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
This show was a lot of fun. I was there Friday and for a little while on Saturday. There were a good number of dealers with a variety of cards. You could find old and new cards. I came up with the following for my collection either through trading or buying:

35 Harry Potter Chocolate Frog Cards
14 SW Bounty Hunter Red or Green parallel cards
7 various promo cards from my want list

There were 6 promo cards in the admission pack and 2 more at the 5Finity table.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Great show. Thumb Up

Good to visit with collecting friends, and to meet new folks. The collectors kept me at the table 90% of the time, both days.
Got three exclusive promos at the Friday dinner.
Looking forward to Spring 2023.
Metal