Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Collectormania 24 NEC 3-4 June
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Collectormania 24 NEC 3-4 June
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Never went to this show when it was at Milton Keynes but now it's virtually on my doorstep will give it a try.

Way better guest lineup than Memorabilia ever managed, wonder if this will get them to up their game as the March event was nowhere near a sell out.

Were there many card dealers when it was at Milton Keynes?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Were there many card dealers when it was at Milton Keynes?

There certainly was, back in the day when the show was in the shopping centre it was great for cards and even when it went to the football stadium it was still great. Now it is at the NEC i'm not so sure, everything will be way more expensive for dealers and the public.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any dealers coming to this show?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Certainly is, they will be selling japanese plastic models, manga fluffy toys and little cakes. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Certainly is, they will be selling japanese plastic models, manga fluffy toys and little cakes. Big Grin

I like little cakes Smile . Did you want me to bring you some models and toys on Tuesday Big Grin .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not really much here for card collectors but it's really more of a show for autograph collectors and they had some great guests at reasonable prices from TV, film, and sport.

With how hard to pull and expensive some cards are getting I am deciding to get signed 8 x10' instead. It's cheaper ( I doubt you could find any Julie Benz or Charisma Carpenter signed card for £20 as an example ) , and you get to meet them as well.

Only non sport dealer I saw was Derek's Trading Cards and Anthony was selling gaming cards. However I had a nice chat with Carolyn Edwards and got a couple of nice AP's from her Smile .

Hopefully she will have time next year to work on the Perna sets, always a fan of her art on their cards.

Looks like this will become an annual event at the NEC, they had a flyer for next year June2-3. Will definitely be choosing this over the Spring Memorabilia show unless they up their game on guests.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Triple-Frog! Smile

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post