Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2013
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Tom asked me to post a couple more images. This time, these are comic book sized Optispex pieces. These will be on display at Comic-Con starting tomorrow. Both have been printed in very limited supply. Tom and gang are looking for feedback at the show from people who see these in person. Here they are....

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
On the regular size, I especially like the Dexter and American Horror Story versions, but that's just subject matter preference as they all look great!

The larger versions would be especially nice for comic creator autographs (or even sketches) from the artist who drew the cover. Just put thin frame around it after that, and it'd be a nice (and durable!) presentation piece.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a brief delivery scare, the Mars Attacks exclusive card is here, and i'll be hand-delivering them to IDW's booth tomorrow before the show. We have a limited quantity for the weekend, so be sure to hit their booth early.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've just added another entry to the blog. Dreamworks Animation is giving away a card each day (Wednesday to Sunday) which will offer a unique promo code, to redeem select DreamWorks Animation digital animation shorts for free. Subjects include Puss In Boots, Magamind, and more. The distribution schedule is on the blog and we'll add an image if one becomes available.

A Card Collector’s Comic-Con

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Keep up the goid work harris Smile
Ironically its warmer in uk than la at moment!!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I've been so busy, that I guess I'm not keeping up on this thread. Kinda jumping around from meeting up and what Tom has.

On these Optispex cards.

Thought I read that they are think cards, but they look like thick acetates to me. Is that correct?

There's two sizes?

How much will these be for each size?

I would really like to have someone pick some up for me. Gotta know the prices first. My wife said I'm already way, way over budget for SDCC13.

Thanks!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I've been so busy, that I guess I'm not keeping up on this thread. Kinda jumping around from meeting up and what Tom has.

On these Optispex cards.

Thought I read that they are think cards, but they look like thick acetates to me. Is that correct?

There's two sizes?

I would really like to have someone pick some up for me. Gotta know the prices first. My wife said I'm already way, way over budget for SDCC13.

Thanks!

The card size are $20, comic book sixe are $60

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Enterplay has a new My Little Pony F41 promo at the show. Smile

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

On these Optispex cards.

There's two sizes?

Thanks!

The card size are $20, comic book sixe are $60

Thank you. Is there a Grimm in the comic book size? What does the other Grimm card size look like? I really need to do two things. Talk my wife into more SDCC $ and someone into picking me up some of these.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
There's a 5x7 TWD promo card available. A must have. Wink

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Wow! I really would love to get me those American Horror Story Optispex cards. Anyone who could get them for me? Sometimes San Diego is really really really far away from Belgium...
On of the little downsides of living in Europe, I guess Smile

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

My 10 year old daughter would love one of those.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, not sure if anyone has mentioned this but marvel were giving out 5 promo cards for guardians of the galaxy wednesday night (did not see them today though).

Posts: 258 | Location: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

My 10 year old daughter would love one of those.

Has she been collecting the others ? There were a bunch in 2012, and now more in 2013. Most are show exclusives (NYCC, other places) and if you see what these promos are going for on ebay, you'll have a heart attack ! Some go for HUNDREDS of dollars each, as many are very limited !!!

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which booth are the Optispex cards at? I cant find a Breygent booth.

Rob

Posts: 49 | Location: Vancouver Wa USA | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enterplay ??? where r they and walking dead large card ??? where is that please

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Breygent booth is alphabetically in the program with Julio's.

As for the Optispex, they're brilliant in person. Maybe not so brilliant for my wallet, but I did pick up my favorite of the smaller size, the Red Sonja.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

We're giving away an 8-card set of Faerie Metal & Photography's metal trading cards on the Non-Sport Update Facebook page. Simply 'like' the page and post in the special contest post. The contest will last this week and we'll choose one winner next Sunday or thereabouts. Good luck!

Facebook - Non-Sport Update