Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2013
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Very well put Harris!

I've been fortunate the past few years to have friends with pro-badges but even that is getting MUCH harder to do. They can't purchase as many additional tix, etc.

And being on the west coast, this is my only access to a decent sampling of card vendors under 1 roof. While some look at what they spend to go to SDCC, my wife and I look at what it would cost to go to Philly or Memorabilia and it's the same boat. 1k+ when you factor in airfare, etc. So it's really all depending on where you are.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I know a lot of us were dreading this past weekend and some got shut out, but the next big day is next tuesday at 9am pacific. Hotel registration opens!

Right now, I am actually kind of excited for it, but I know on the day of i'll be cursing at my computer screen and throwing things.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shut out indeed - worse than the last three times, when I worried about being banned for trying to let them know *how* their system was broken, while they kept replying that it worked for some people. I'm convinced that there are large parts of the internet (maybe most service providers) that aren't supported by the Epic/SDCC process. This time, after the Application Error crash, I retried in the first 5 seconds and was treated to a blank screen for 45-50 minutes, and then the system timed out. Perhaps the waiting room was invisible in the background. Exactly the same behavior for my sister on a different ISP, different OS, and different browser. I'm most frustrated by the fact that they spend so much effort giving tutorials on how the system works, and it doesn't.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Jeff. I feel your frustration.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't confirm but I've heard ticket sales are regionalized, trying to keep sales somewhat spread out over the world. This could explain why some folks have no problem getting in and others wait and wait and wait.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Harris, are you going to SDCC this year?

John, it's a bit tricky figuring out how they would do the regionalization, but it would make a lot of sense if they could identify overseas connections. That won't explain why the system doesn't work the way they say it should, when it breaks down after people connect.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Harris, are you going to SDCC this year?

No, I am not. Wish I was though. I love Comic-Con.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's always a treat to see Harris at SDCC. To bad he can't make it.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
John, it's a bit tricky figuring out how they would do the regionalization, but it would make a lot of sense if they could identify overseas connections.

Don't forget everyone has to pre-register showing address. When a region is sold out they can shut down the lines.

posted Hide Post
Got my hotel confirmation this morning. I was able to fill out and submit my request before my computer even said 12:01.

I ended up getting the 4th choice on my list the San Diego Hilton Bayfront (which is great for checking out the Hall H line in the morning)

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received my hotel confirmation this morning and I ended up getting my first choice hotel. Probably helped that I wasn't going for anything within a couple miles of the convention center.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
I know its a long way away but I have my heart set on going to SDCC in 2015 - I dont want to miss out - what would be the best way to ensure I get tickets for three people?

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
I know its a long way away but I have my heart set on going to SDCC in 2015 - I dont want to miss out - what would be the best way to ensure I get tickets for three people?

Sleep with the organiser Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:

Start queuing now and be prepared to donate at least one kidney.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
only 1 kidney? Wolfie is being generous lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Parking went active this morning. The bugs are probably out by now for anyone who needs a space!

posted Hide Post
Have any manufactures announced a presence this year? Cryptozoic had a wonderful shop open in the Gas Lamp with signings on Saturday last year. Any plans to repeat this year? I think I read something recently Topps Mars Attacks was not attending as was previously announced.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Have any manufactures announced a presence this year? Cryptozoic had a wonderful shop open in the Gas Lamp with signings on Saturday last year. Any plans to repeat this year? I think I read something recently Topps Mars Attacks was not attending as was previously announced.

I asked the Cryptozoic folks if they were going to have an off site shop this year and they said no. Not sure if they'll have any type of booth on the sales floor.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Things are not shaping up to well for this year. Looks like Topps Mars Attacks will be skipping out as well. It would be nice to get this type info prior to getting tickets. I get frustrated as well having to wait until 2 weeks out to see the program listing, after the deadline for refunds.

posted Hide Post
that's a shame loved the cryptozoic store and the event I went to at the store on Saturday Frown

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post