Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2013
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Have any manufactures announced a presence this year? Cryptozoic had a wonderful shop open in the Gas Lamp with signings on Saturday last year. Any plans to repeat this year? I think I read something recently Topps Mars Attacks was not attending as was previously announced.

I asked the Cryptozoic folks if they were going to have an off site shop this year and they said no. Not sure if they'll have any type of booth on the sales floor.

I don't see them listed. Bummer. I was going to send some cards to a buddy and see if he could trade for a couple of promos to finish off two promo sets. Also, this means there's a lesser chance for TWD season 3 promos. Perhaps at the Skybound/Image booth.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Has there been any mention from any card manufacturer about SDCC exclusive promos? the Con is only a few weeks away.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Has there been any mention from any card manufacturer about SDCC exclusive promos? the Con is only a few weeks away.

There will be a Mars Attacks #0, they posted it on their Facebook page earlier today.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

And someone posted in another thread about 12 cards for the movie The World's End. Here's a link to the other thread:

SDCC World's End screening and Trading Card Scavenger Hunt

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I also read some where that at least one artist will have a Mars Attack sticker. Not sure if it's exclusive but it's still something to look for.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
We will be making some gift with purchase/promo metal cards for some of our clients at SDCC. I'll post more details when we have them in better order.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
for anyone who has not seen these metal cards yet they are superb, you should definatly try to get these when you go to the show. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mars Attacks card will be part of the regular set-- card #0. Not a promo card advertising the series, but a story card with an exclusive piece of art and narrative on the back.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

And someone posted in another thread about 12 cards for the movie The World's End. Here's a link to the other thread:

SDCC World's End screening and Trading Card Scavenger Hunt

Can anyone here help me with this? I can't put my non-card collecting friends through another one of these.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Any word from anyone else, like Rittenhouse?

posted Hide Post
there will be Rittenhouse promos - don't know what though

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
As we did last year, we're going to try and keep a running list of promo cards (and other things that will be of interest to card collectors) to be given away at Comic-Con International. We've published the initial list here:

A Card Collector’s Comic-Con

As stated, we'll try and keep this updated as more information becomes known so keep an eye on the list.

There's some real interesting stuff there and maybe more then you'd think considering only two card companies or so are setting up shop this year.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Looking good. Just wondering and worried about any TWD and Grimm promos.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

Same thing I was just thinking. If there are, hopefully they will be mass produced, like the TWD SDCC card was last year.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that somebody sells a job lot at a reasonable rate or the postage will stop me getting the RA/Breygent promo's

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:

Same thing I was just thinking. If there are, hopefully they will be mass produced, like the TWD SDCC card was last year.
Yeah, but I was so worried. No word and they hit ebay pretty high at first.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the article, it says that the Star Trek TNG promo will be P5, but the photo shows P4. Isn't it P4, the one that was supposed to be at Philly, which they forgot to bring?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
In the article, it says that the Star Trek TNG promo will be P5, but the photo shows P4.

The card is the P4 promo. It's been corrected.

Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
I'm new to this site, but I'm old to the comic con.
Does anyone know which sketch card pros will be at the comic con this year?
Awesome! I'm excited about it!
Thanks, Terry

Posts: 13 | Location: over 1000 | Registered: July 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
OOOOOh Person of Interst key cards .... I would love one of those. Also the True Blood promo. Can anyone help a poor geeky Midwestern girl out?? Wavey

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post