Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2013
 Login/Join

posted
Just announced and written up in the paper here, SDCC tickets will go on sale on Feb 16th. Please see their website for details.

www.comic-con.org/cci/

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I was trying to keep it a secret Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to keep it a secert for several years but with local news making it a top story and the newspaper writing long articles about how best to secure tickets I've given up. Though it helps I was lucky enough to already have my tickets!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is it any easier getting tickets? Eek

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Is it any easier getting tickets? Eek

Of course it is. All you have to do is marry the daughter of the chap issuing the barcode emails Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried to get a pass. Clicked my green button at 9.00am pst (17.00 GMT). Was directed straight to the 'system has crashed' site. Refreshed and waited. Two hours later, another screen appeared saying the Epic site was full and if I wasn't in the queue, they more than likely have sold out. I also had my friend register with Epic as a failsafe. He got into the waiting room and was number 254. The page never refreshed (it was supposed to happen every 120 seconds so you can see where you are in the queue) and never got as far as ordering tickets. They had sold out without his number changing. Never trying again Shake Head

The upside of this is that I'll have more cash for Philly Thumb Up

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The upside of this is that I'll have more cash for Philly

More fun as well! I can never see myself going back to San Diego, too much money and stress and the fun has gone out of it. Bring on Birmingham!!! Smile Big Grin Big Grin Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
The upside of this is that I'll have more cash for Philly

More fun as well! I can never see myself going back to San Diego, too much money and stress and the fun has gone out of it. Bring on Birmingham!!! Smile Big Grin Big Grin Wink

Clap Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I gave up trying a couple of years ago.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I got all 4 individual days during the early August registration for last years attendees. Yeah online sucks, but their system was nearly flawless for me and worked out great. But then yesterday roll along. I was gonna go at it again to help out some family members and the whole thing is different and a total disaster. I guess the motto was "if it ain't broke, fix the living **** out of it." I wish we could go back to registering on-site. If I have to get a tent out there at 3 in the morning, at least I control my fate and not whether or not the server is overwhelmed by the "oh so unexpected" outpour of people. Gettin silly.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I registered for the member ID and planned to buy Comic Con admission yesterday morning
At the last minute, I decided against it.

I don't see how I could do the SDCC trip for less than $1000 for the long Con weekend, & thats with keeping to a tight no-frills budget.

Everything has shot way up in price since I was last there in 2010.

I could do the Philly Show for half of that amount (or even less...)
Now theres an idea!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
my friend was 12,459 in queue and within 30 minutes had tickets for preview night and all 4 days of event, queue refreshed as promised every whatever seconds - all the SDCC bashing of comic con really is atrocious - get real there is no convention better or more motivating to get ones hunting skills honed - I would not miss one moment of 1 day or of 1 year

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Don't be rude for others having a different opinion. I went for many years and it's nothing like it used to be. Honing your skills? That's a problem!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:
my friend was 12,459 in queue and within 30 minutes had tickets for preview night and all 4 days of event, queue refreshed as promised every whatever seconds - all the SDCC bashing of comic con really is atrocious - get real there is no convention better or more motivating to get ones hunting skills honed - I would not miss one moment of 1 day or of 1 year

Ummmmmmm, ok, if you say so!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do say so - where else can u get so much entertainment paraphernalia (spelling???) all in one location - yes you have to work for it but that is the reward for all that hard work

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I completely agree that Comic-Con is totally worth the trouble. While you're at the event, the con is what you make it. I have a huge list of priceless memories but my favorite was a couple years back. I won a ticket to the world premiere of Cowboys & Aliens which they held at the SD Civic Theatre. I got to walk the red carpet with Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, Stephen Spielberg, Ron Howard, Jon Favreau, Olivia Wilde Drool and the list is endless. We watched the movie with them before the rest of the world. And then had the after party, where waiters brought free food and drinks. They actually made us feel like the hollywood elite. Hands down one of the best nights of my life. And like I said, thats just ONE of my long list of Comic-Con memories. With that said, something must be done about their atrocious registration, but until then, it's worth every bit of pain and suffering you have to go through.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think it depends what you are looking for. As far as trading cards are concerned it is my understanding that San Diego is no longer the place to go, the Philly show and Memorabilia in the UK are the two best card shows in the world right now.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
SDCC is an awesome show. There is so much to do there, a tremendous amount of free stuff to pick-up, and so many people (and celebrities) to see. It's just an awesome experience!! I wish we still went.

I don't think we should really compare Philly, SDCC, and Memorabilia. They are all great shows but totally different experiences and a completely different mix of items for sale. I said it before but comparing Philly and SDCC is like comparing apples and socks!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on what trading cards u want - the show is probably lacking in 80's on down cards but for the 90's on up there are many dealers with that, certainly many dealers also carry a plethora of promo cards, many boxes and binders from a variety of these sets

posted Hide Post
Harris - U got that right - apples, foot powder and porcupines - no comparison