Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    LOST ITEM AT PHILLY SHOW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOST ITEM AT PHILLY SHOW
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Man I get so sloppy at shows like this. I had a plastic pocket with a number of Plaid Stallion cards in it that fell out of my bag. Just a shot in the dark but I thought I would mention it here just in case someone from CARD TALK found it and would be honest enough to return it. I will pay shipping and give a reward for its return.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't see it near our tables.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope someone gets back to you on that.

Two years ago, I found a $100 bill on the floor at the post office. I thought about keeping it but did turn it over to one of the workers I know there. It could have been somebody's grocery money for the week. A few days later, I asked if anyone had claimed it but she said "no." The bill was gone though. Somehow, it still feels like it was the right thing to do.

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Man I get so sloppy at shows like this. I had a plastic pocket with a number of Plaid Stallion cards in it that fell out of my bag. Just a shot in the dark but I thought I would mention it here just in case someone from CARD TALK found it and would be honest enough to return it. I will pay shipping and give a reward for its return.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No such luck. I can be very careless sometimes. Thankfully they were duplicates. Someone got very lucky.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Two years ago, I found a $100 bill on the floor at the post office. I thought about keeping it but did turn it over to one of the workers I know there. It could have been somebody's grocery money for the week. A few days later, I asked if anyone had claimed it but she said "no." The bill was gone though. Somehow, it still feels like it was the right thing to do.
[/QUOTE]

You are very honest and hopefully it will bring you good karma. However when it comes to cash on the floor, unless you see who dropped it at the time, put it in your pocket and consider it a gift. If you ask who lost this twenty, everybody in the place will raise their hand. Big Grin

Sad, but true. Other lost items are different and should be returned, but not with dropped cash. You are honest and the right person doesn't get it back anyway. Shake Head

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
No such luck. I can be very careless sometimes. Thankfully they were duplicates. Someone got very lucky.

Or Nobody got lucky and you either dropped in somewhere else or it went in the trash

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Raven,
That's a nice thought, but in NY, you are required by law to surrender any found property valued at over $20.00

Here is the law:
New York Consolidated Laws, Personal Property
Law - PEP § 252. Found property and found instruments to be deposited with police;  penalty for failure to deliver to police;  delivery to persons in possession of premises where found.

1. Except as provided in subdivision five of section two hundred fifty-six of this chapter or as otherwise prescribed pursuant to section two hundred fifty of the general municipal law, any person who finds lost property of the value of twenty dollars or more or comes into possession of property of the value of twenty dollars or more with knowledge that it is lost property or found property shall, within ten days after the finding or acquisition of possession thereof, either return it to the owner or report such finding or acquisition of possession and deposit such property in a police station or police headquarters of the city where the finding occurred or possession was acquired.

Not that many people do this but I would guess the laws might be close to the same in other states.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Getting back on topic, did you ever get your cards back, Frank?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Raven,
That's a nice thought, but in NY, you are required by law to surrender any found property valued at over $20.00

Here is the law:
Law - PEP § 252. Found property and found instruments to be deposited with police;  penalty for failure to deliver to police;  delivery to persons in possession of premises where found.

1. Except as provided in subdivision five of section two hundred fifty-six of this chapter or as otherwise prescribed pursuant to section two hundred fifty of the general municipal law, any person who finds lost property of the value of twenty dollars or more or comes into possession of property of the value of twenty dollars or more with knowledge that it is lost property or found property shall, within ten days after the finding or acquisition of possession thereof, either return it to the owner or report such finding or acquisition of possession and deposit such property in a police station or police headquarters of the city where the finding occurred or possession was acquired.

Not that many people do this but I would guess the laws might be close to the same in other states.

beamer, I don't know if you are lawyer. but I do hope you didn't spend the last 2 months looking that one up.

It was good for a laugh though. Big Grin Actually all I ever find in the street are pennies. No one even wants to carry a cent coin anymore, they just throw them away or leave them on the counters as soon as they get them.

And by all means, are the cards still missing?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No. Such is life. I get caught up in the moment of the show and get real careless. Not the first time this has happened and sadly won't be the last. Just a drop in the bucket but these cards are not so easy to get. Hope they didn't end up in the trash and someone is getting some joy out of them.

quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Getting back on topic, did you ever get your cards back, Frank?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did find out later that someone was leaving $100 bills around the Bay Area so that person is likely the source and I am a fool. You might be right about the good karma because I did spot a $20 on the street one night last year in a small town in Florida. I picked it up thinking it might be a consolation prize for giving up the $100 bill.

Another time in Tampa, I found a weird coin that looked like something from a World's Fair. I gave it to my friend in town because he collects coins.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

You are very honest and hopefully it will bring you good karma. However when it comes to cash on the floor, unless you see who dropped it at the time, put it in your pocket and consider it a gift. If you ask who lost this twenty, everybody in the place will raise their hand. Big Grin

Sad, but true. Other lost items are different and should be returned, but not with dropped cash. You are honest and the right person doesn't get it back anyway. Shake Head[/QUOTE]

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's a similar law in CA but I did hear that there was some "hidden camera" show in NY that tested that law. A bunch of people failed the test.

quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Raven,

Here is the law: