Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia Birmingham
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorabilia Birmingham
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to going tomorrow now that I have finally somewhere that had some Petrol left...

Hoping to pick up a military propaganda set amongst other things.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
Hoping to pick up a military propaganda set amongst other things.

Jason has some packs available

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just got back - didn't seem overly busy - picked up the promo's thanks to the manufacturers. Most of the promo's were STRICTLY one per person - no handfuls were given out. Good selection of dealers - spent a bit with a few of them.

Jason of Cult stuff is always good for a chat and has some interesting sets coming out, Paul at Umbrella cards (and his lovely wife) are nice people and he had an excellent P1 card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have put a full list of the promos which could be obtained at this show in the new promos section.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Spent a very enjoyable morning at the NEC which got off to a good start when I picked up a pack of the Snow White and the Huntsmen cards.

I did not know they were cards until I opened the pack and then went back to get a couple more Big Grin .

Got lots of promos and spent more money on cards than I have for years at a show.

In the past I have found prices too high but must give credit to dealers who were as good as or better than what you find online and much nicer to talk to than a computer Smile .

Picked up two packs of Military Propoganda from Jason who also did me an excellent deal on a couple of Dark Zodiac sketches and gave me lots of promos for his upcomoing sets.Especially looking forward to Dixons Vixens 2 and Titanic but will be buying some of all of them if I can afford it Big Grin .

Also got a box of Lost seasons 1-5 from Derek and found a a bargain bin of 8x10 autos for £10 aech which had a Kelly MacDonald from Boardwalk Empire in it as well as Jolene Blalock and Rose McGowan.

Nice chats with Wolfie about the definition of a promo card and Jason and his better half about their upcoming projects.

Also complimented Paul from Umbrella cards on that excellent Bianca Thompson promo.Hope I have not missed anybody out but it was a very hectic three hours!

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just got back from two very long days at the Memorabilia show, i need some new feet.

Show report later............

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Went Sunday and ended up being my longest stay there ever as a buyer (left at 4pm, I usually leave just around lunch after a few laps).

I enjoyed the show very much and was extremely shocked to see how large it was and how many people were there, there were times I couldn't get down an aisle which I don't remember happening to the shows I attended a couple of years ago.
There was obviously a load of stuff there I wasn't interested in like the Cosplay and Anime/Manga stuff but to be honest the show has adapated to a change in culture over time and has drawn in a few thousand extra people because of it, it may not be still going without it.

I visited each card stall individually and got all of the show promos, I got a few LOTR Sketches to add to my collection and also a few Harry Potter autographs and Film Cel cards which were cheap.
Picked up the Military Propaganda set from Jason and all the Promo's he had too Smile Also got a sealed box of Lost cards (my only box purchase) for £25.

I went to the stage to see the talk Chris Rankin did (Percy from Harry Potter) and found that very enjoyable too, it was also a nice break from all of the walking around!

Can't wait to go again and feel happy to be a real part of the hobby again which I have only contributed to from behind a computer, I look forward to the next one.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to let those that had a raffle ticket know, the winner was...Mr A Malson from Portsmouth. He is not a member of cardtalk (but is a decent guy anyway!) and has given permission to mention his name here. A sealed box of James Bond 50th Anniversary Pt.1 will be in the post to him next month.

The draw was made by Liza of Cult Stuff, witnessed with crossed fingers by Wolfie no less!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our tables over the weekend.

Paul

Posts: 24 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mr Malson. Twak Big Grin

Liza i want you to know i do not hold you responsible. Smile

.......and for my next lie Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Just got back from two very long days at the Memorabilia show, i need some new feet.

Show report later............
We're all still waiting with baited breath for 'later' to arrive Wolfie Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post