Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Are there any card shows in or around the KY or IN area ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any card shows in or around the KY or IN area ?
 Login/Join

posted
Was just curious since the only non-sport card dealer I used to get my stuff from was at a flea market and has since stopped . Every place around here is nothing but sports , so i'm forced to buy from ebay or places like Blowout . Would just be nice to be able to check out a show and see what kinds of cards or boxes they have in person .

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Chicago is pretty close...to Indiana that is. If you don't have anything going on this weekend, I would strongly suggest the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I second that motion.

Free entry, exclusive promos, a wide selection, discount bins, trade opportunities, and you get to meet some of the best collectors in the country should make the trip more than worthwhile.

Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Obviously, I'll suggest Chicago too. Coming up FAST...

That said, I know there will be 2 card dealers at the Cincinnati Comicon (Website) September 6, 7, and 8th. It's actually just south of the river in KY.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses guys . The Chicago show i'm afraid is a little too soon for me to get any good money together . And Ed , man I wish I could go to that show in Sept. but that falls on the exact weekend of HorrorHound that i'll be at . Already have my room booked and weekend pass ordered . Oh well , no biggie . Thanks again

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IbDaToNeGuY:
Thanks for the responses guys . The Chicago show i'm afraid is a little too soon for me to get any good money together . And Ed , man I wish I could go to that show in Sept. but that falls on the exact weekend of HorrorHound that i'll be at . Already have my room booked and weekend pass ordered . Oh well , no biggie . Thanks again

Days of the Dead Indianapolis is the first weekend of July. This'll be my first year attending so I'm not sure if there are any vendors at the show who will have trading cards.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go to almost every horror con. around my area as i'm a mask maker . For the most part , there are always art venders there and sometimes do trading card sizes but mostly 8x10's . I would like to make it to Days , but that falls about a week before FrightNight here in Louisville where I live and it's been hard getting enough money to go to 2 shows a month for me as I have been recovering from surgery this past Jan. and hospital bills are coming in . Because I was limited to no lifting over 10 lbs. , I wasn't able to make any masks for awhile .

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I have it on good authority that there will be another Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 4th and 5th. So make plans now. Dance

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I have it on good authority that there will be another Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 4th and 5th. So make plans now. Dance

Ed

Putting it on the calendar as I type. Yippee!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post