Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    ★ ★ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd & 4th ★ ★
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

★ ★ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd & 4th ★ ★
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Terrible news about Bill, I hope everything works out. Best wishes to him and his family.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Fundraising Announcement

There will be 2 fundraising efforts at next month's show..

First, Paul will be set up with all sorts of offers for those that want to support the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. One of the big pushes is items for teens, so Paul is looking for gift cards, DVD's, and maybe even boxes of cards that teens may like. This is a forgotten segment of the kids that the Treasure Chest Foundation supports.

Second, is a fundraiser I'm doing...

For those that have been to the Chicago Show, you'll probably remember Bill from Looky Here that is always set up right in front of the entry doors.

Well, Bill is battling colon cancer as I type this. And, he still plans on being at the show. But the family is experiencing some financial shortcomings from medical bills along with the normal day to day things that accrue while Bill is undergoing treatment.

So, to support Bill and his family, I'm dusting off a metal variant promo, P5m with art by Daniel Gorman. These were originally given out at SDCC this year by Faerie Photography to showcase their great metal cards. I have 50 left of the original 101 printed. So, I'm going to give anyone that donates at least $20 for Bill and his family a Shiny new promo card. 100% of the proceeds goes to Bill.

So there's our two fundraisers. Each a worthy cause.

Ed

I've had several inquires, so here's the scoop...

If I have copies of the metal promo left I will make them available to anyone who wants to donate. The funds will be transferred directly to Bill. I'll even pick up the postage. However, with my pending move they may not ship until November. I'll try sooner but no promises.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Ed,

Can you save one for the Chicago show? I'll make the donation and pick up the card there, if that's okay.

Thanks.

They will be at the show first. IF any are left after that, they will be available. You should have no problem getting them at the show.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Hotel and Dinner Updates

Tomorrow (Thursday 9/25) is the final day to make reservations for the show rate at the hotel.

Use group code CNS when booking online or via phone.

Dinner at Alberto's

The Friday Night Special at Alberto's is All You Care to Eat Fried Chicken with salad bar and cooked to order pasta. They also have a full menu plus regular and adult beverages.

We'll get together around 7:30 or so, after I get the room locked down for the night. Fun, unofficial event for the show. Good people and good food. Does it get better???

So few days, so much to do...

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Getting my list updated and my ducks in a row. Booked the hotel room yesterday. Elephant

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Getting my list updated and my ducks in a row. Booked the hotel room yesterday. Elephant

Never leave home without getting your ducks in a row. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It will be really interesting to see what makes the trip with me...

House is chaos with trying to get ready to move in less than a month now. I know I'll forget something.

Will have 3 Stooges and DC Epic Battles in stock just in time for the show.

As long as I don't forget the promos, I'll probably be in good shape.

Ed

Picture of Rod S
posted Hide Post
I am hoping to pick up a few things at the convention for purchase or trade.

Game of Thrones Season 3 Binder + Promo and foil parallels
Game of Thrones Season 2 foil parallels
Legendary Lovecraft card #38
Army of Darkness card #23 2 copies

I have lots more on my want list, but these are at the top.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Rod

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Rod,

I have some Game of Thrones Season 3 foil parallels to trade, but I will only be there from 2:30 - 3:30 on Friday.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Promo Card Update!

I finally have all the promo cards in hand. There are 7 promos in the promo pack this time around:

From Breygent (Thanks Tom!)

From 5FINITY (Thanks Steve!)

From RRParks Cards (Thanks Richard!)

And

Plus one random Chronicles of the 3 Stooges Series 1 promo!

From the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show and artist Mikey Babinski

And from Scifi Cards (Thanks Ed???)

In addition we will have Chronicles of the 3 Stooges Series 1 Sell Sheets available for everyone at the admission table.

Hope to see all the regulars and some new faces too. Not long now...

Ed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Did anyone going to the show break much Sons of Anarchy?

I have an attendee who is looking for card #12 to complete a set. His box did not yield a full set. Frown I hope we can make it whole for him.

Ed

Picture of Rod S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
Rod,

I have some Game of Thrones Season 3 foil parallels to trade, but I will only be there from 2:30 - 3:30 on Friday.

OK, I will be getting to the hotel around 2 PM on Friday.

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rod S:

Rod,
I have this card for you.
I should be getting to the hotel around 3 and will be there all weekend.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed
I will check my extras tonight and if I have it I will put it aside for you.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
Rod,

Rats I will miss you then. The kids and I won't get there much before 4:30. Frown

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Checked my SOA extras Ed, sorry, don't have 12.Will be bringing Game of Thrones foil parallels from series 2 and 3. Also have mini parallels of Downton Abbey (Loves Me some Cards gets first crack at those).
Will have my box-o-promos, box-o-inserts, and the poor misbegotten extra autos.
One more thing, a full base set of Army National Guard Cards, Series 1. Anyone interested?
Anyone looking for anything else?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rod S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
quote:
Originally posted by Rod S:

Rod,
I have this card for you.
I should be getting to the hotel around 3 and will be there all weekend.

Greg

Thanks Greg, see you at the show.

Rod

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed
I have your SOA 12.

Don: I will also bring my box of extras (promos/costumes/chase/autos).

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Ed
I have your SOA 12.

Yea! Another happy collector! Thanks!

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Door Prize Announcement

Saturday's Main Door Prize will be a box and binder of Cryptozoic's brand new DC Epic Battles. This one will be drawn at 2:30pm and you must be present to win.

There will be additional door prizes throughout the day this show.

Ed