Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    ★ ★ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd & 4th ★ ★
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

★ ★ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd & 4th ★ ★
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to work out trades before hand too. . .

Anyone have Grimm cards #22 and 30?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Webjon - let me check my extras when I get home tonight.

Like that Dexter card!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon

Anyone have Grimm cards #22 and 30?

I have them. Am putting them aside for you.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thank you! Do you need any Grimm, SOA, Walking Dead 3 part 2 or Vampire Academy singles? I don't have a whole lot of others anymore.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will see what I need for SOA. I am still waiting on my 2 box of WD so once that comes, hopefully next week, I will know what my Walking Dead 3 part 2 needs will be.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I need a few Sons of Anarchy singles. Also, if anyone has singles of some of the hard to complete sets, like Downton Abbey or any of the Bond retro sets, bring these.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don I will bring whatever Downtown singles I have.

I am hoping to find some of the Downtown parallel cig cards those are sooooo cool. I think I might need a couple of chase from that set as well.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will probably not be chasing after the tobacco cards, so I'll bring mine and see if you need any.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Anyone have interest in boxes of commons?

Some sorted, some not. Some partial sets missing a few cards.

If there is interest, I'll bring them. If not they go to recycle to make room. I'm not moving the excess common collection.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Ed - Email sent.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rod S
posted Hide Post
Ed,

I may be interested in your commons. How many? I would be more interested in newer commons.

Rod

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Anyone have interest in boxes of commons?

Some sorted, some not. Some partial sets missing a few cards.

If there is interest, I'll bring them. If not they go to recycle to make room. I'm not moving the excess common collection.

Ed

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rod S:
Ed,

I may be interested in your commons. How many? I would be more interested in newer commons.

Rod

Right now I'm looking at 4 4-row boxes and growing.

Unfortunately, there aren't many I could call current as I keep current commons so I can either supply singles to customers or make right if I have a sorting error in a set I sell.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reached out to the collector who owns all of my old commons to see if he's interested. He may reach out to you directly, I'm not sure if he's on Card Talk. . .

Picture of Rod S
posted Hide Post
When you get a chance, could you put together a general list of your commons?
It's not 60 pounds of Bingo and Comic Ball is it? ... Just Kidding.

Rod

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Rod S:
Ed,

Rod

Right now I'm looking at 4 4-row boxes and growing.

Unfortunately, there aren't many I could call current as I keep current commons so I can either supply singles to customers or make right if I have a sorting error in a set I sell.

Ed

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'll see what I can do, but time is at a premium around here between now and showtime.

Actually no Comic Ball OR Bingo.

But I do have a huge pile of Who Framed Roger Rabbit wax packs I found the other day... Don't eat the gum!

Ed

posted Hide Post
My guy isn't interested in more commons. . .

If you want to get rid of 'em just bring 'em -- if nothing else I bet Paul would take them for Treasure Chest. . .

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Paul has said that commons just don't work for him right now. Takes up too much space and provides little return.

Big deal might be time. I have a short amount of time to get a great deal done. Sorting and packing commons is pretty low on the list unfortunately.

Looking at houses in AZ today and realizing how much I'll have to downsize without going into another price range.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Room Rate Announcement

We have a negotiated rate at the host hotel, the Holiday Inn and Suites in Carol Stream.

Regular Rooms are $75
Jr. Suites are $85
Full Suites are $95

Use group code CNS when booking either online or by phone.

And if you're staying over, don't forget the informal gathering at Albertos's on Friday Night after the show (7:30ish).

Dinner special is all new! There will be an all you can eat fried chicken buffet with soup, salad bar, cooked to order pasta station, and choice of potato for $15.95.

Hope to see some of you at the show, and at the dinner.

Ed

posted Hide Post
Anyone have an extra Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters #82?

Thanks,

Jon

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Fundraising Announcement

There will be 2 fundraising efforts at next month's show..

First, Paul will be set up with all sorts of offers for those that want to support the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. One of the big pushes is items for teens, so Paul is looking for gift cards, DVD's, and maybe even boxes of cards that teens may like. This is a forgotten segment of the kids that the Treasure Chest Foundation supports.

Second, is a fundraiser I'm doing...

For those that have been to the Chicago Show, you'll probably remember Bill from Looky Here that is always set up right in front of the entry doors.

Well, Bill is battling colon cancer as I type this. And, he still plans on being at the show. But the family is experiencing some financial shortcomings from medical bills along with the normal day to day things that accrue while Bill is undergoing treatment.

So, to support Bill and his family, I'm dusting off a metal variant promo, P5m with art by Daniel Gorman. These were originally given out at SDCC this year by Faerie Photography to showcase their great metal cards. I have 50 left of the original 101 printed. So, I'm going to give anyone that donates at least $20 for Bill and his family a Shiny new promo card. 100% of the proceeds goes to Bill.

So there's our two fundraisers. Each a worthy cause.

Ed