Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    ★ ★ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd & 4th ★ ★
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

★ ★ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 3rd & 4th ★ ★
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

October 3rd: 3pm to 7pm
October 4th: 9am to 3pm

Free Admission

Free Promos with Admission!

Holiday Inn and Suites
150 S Gary Ave
Carol Stream, IL

We will have a full table out front of different FREE cards.

We will have a drawing at 6:30pm on Friday and 2:30pm on Saturday for a major prize. Must be present to win!

We will be getting together for an informal dinner at Alberto's, the hotel's restaurant, around 7:30. Nothing fancy. Come by for dinner and good company.

Website with news added as it happens: www.nonsportcardshows.com

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
If you collect cards, this is the place to be! Looking forward to this show!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I second that motion. Thumb Up Thumb Up

This is bound to be the best show, yet.

A lot of VINTAGE Clap and modern cards are expected.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
The kids and I will be there again. Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects and meeting some new ones. Wink

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Announcement #1

We would like to announce the addition of published Marvel Artist Mikey Babinski as our Creative Guest for the fall show.

quote:
Mikey is a freelance Artist who has worked for Marvel, DC, Image,a handful BOOM! and Indy comic publishers, having worked on projects like: Amazing Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Scarlet Spider, JSA, Power of Shazam, She Hulks, X-23, Deadpool (covers), Farscape and Sniper & Rook. Mikey's sketchard work incudes; Star Wars, The Walking Dead, The Hobbit, Adventure Time, Revenge and Once Upon A Time.

You can find examples of his work on his Deviant page; http://frisbeegod.deviantart.com/ and his Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/MikeyBabinski

Mikey will be doing sketch cards at the show, as well as selling prints and... Original Art including some Marvel pieces. Bouncey

Mikey will be at the show both Friday and Saturday. Thumb Up

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Announcement #2

We have secured promo commitments from:

RRParks Cards
Frank Eachus Publishing
5FINITY
Scifi Cards

With more in the works.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Ed - Since you'll soon be moving to Arizona, will this be the last Chicago show?

This will indeed be MY last Chicago Show, but not the last Chicago Show. Kevin has plans to keep the show running.

I may continue to promote the show. If I can do it from Nowhere, Michigan I can do it from Arizona. That's Kevin's decision though.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Announcement #3

Unless something changes, the dealer room is sold out and there is a waiting list to get space.

One new dealer with 2 tables and 1 dealer returning after some time away.

If I can just squeeze 1 more table into the room...

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
That is good news Ed.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed. . . did you get the email I sent yesterday? I know you've been having some email trouble so I wanted to make sure you got it. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Announcement #4

We will again be doing an informal dinner gathering at Alberto's, the restaurant in the Holiday Inn. About 7:30ish, or as soon as I can get the room secure after the show.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Announcement #5

Here's the list of confirmed exhibitors.

Scifi Cards
Carrying most new releases, look for autographs, sketches, costumes, boxes, binders, sets and chase singles. This will be Scifi Cards' last show in the Chicago area.

K&J Non-Sport Cards
Specializing in sketch and autograph cards, K&J also carries all new releases from boxes to single cards

Looky Here
Carrying new and old releases and other collectibles including action figures.

David Hartmann
Featuring a wide variety of cards and other collectibles. You never know what you'll find at Dave's table.

Latveria's Vault
This will be Latveria's Vault's first time in Chicago. Look for a great stock of non-sport single cards along with some action figures (including a few vintage figures). Help us welcome them to Chicago!

xVADER Cards
Featuring a wide variety of Hobby & Retail Non-sports, Americana, Wrestling, Olympics and Sports trading cards including wax boxes, packs, autographs, sketches, pieceworks, chase, base sets and commons. Need help completing base sets please send your want list. Also bringing an entirely new collection of VINTAGE cards.

Flea Circus
John will be joining us again with his eclectic inventory of cards, comics and toys

Iggy & Carl
Iggy and Carl will be back for another round of good cards and good times. Look for the latest products on display as well as a good selection of autographs, sketch cards, and more.

Jon Doyle AKA Webjon
Jon is joining us again with a mix of new and old. Looking for deals? Jon might just be your man this weekend.

Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation
Paul Maiellaro will have a table set up to benefit the Treasure Chest foundation. Look for give-aways and the always popular Treasure Chest of Art as well as new projects he has started since the last show!

Ed

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
A great line-up! We should be able to find most of what we want on these folk's tables.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello All! As Ed mentioned that I will be at the show representing the Foundation. We will be accepting donations of cards- singles, sets and boxes. We are starting a new project in accepting new CDs, DVDs and gift cards.
We started this project to help the teens that the Treasure Chest serves. We will still accept new toys as well, but this will be our main focus. Please check your collections, backstock,overstock, or things that you wish to part with, we would greatly appreciate all donations.
I will have some items up for raffle and silent auction. there will be gifts for those who make a donation to the POTCF as well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Take care and if anyone has any questions or concerns, please email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com or post here. Thanks Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed,
Please count me in for the dinner.
Thanks Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Announcement #6

First Promo Image:

Dexter Seasons 5 and 6 courtesy of Breygent.

Thanks to Tom and Breygent for their unwavering support of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show!

Ed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great Card

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Now both sides have an image...

Ed

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
If somebody is going and can get me an admission pack I would be VERY grateful and would obviously pay Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Cool promo. Cool

Anybody interested in arranging a trade before the show please email me before Sept 15.
My base sets, singles and chase WANTS are posted on the Cardtalk trading page.

Let's trade... Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post