Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Show Gathering on Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Show Gathering on Friday
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Thought I would make a special thread so people might be able to find the info better.

On Friday night after the show (7:30ish) we are going to meet up at Alberto's Restaurant in the Holiday Inn Carol Stream (our host hotel). Thumb Up

Friday night dinner special is a BBQ Buffet Drool and they have a full bar for those interested in adult beverages. I've never had anything bad at the restaurant, so it's worth a look.

Eating dinner is not a requirement, just come to hang out. There might be some trading going one. If this takes off we might do it ever show much like the Red Robin Gathering at Philly.

Ed
Surf Finally a reason to use this smiley! Checking in from Cancun!

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'm just thinking - BBQ and cards don't mix...
I still want to go, sounds like fun!

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Luv You bbq...

Sounds like four...how about more?

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Yes BBQ and plenty of napkins. Excellent!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Eat and talk first, quick trip to the washroom to wash up, then the cards...

Ed

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
By Tuesday or Wednesday, I would like to have some vague idea of how many are planning on attending the gathering. I'd like to give Alberto's a heads-up so we don't overwhelm them.

Ed

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't miss this, so count me in. Unfortunatly, Dave from Milwaukee will not be able to make it.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Put me on your list - Sounds like fun.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I shood bee thar 2.

Angel

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of sthomas
posted Hide Post
I won't have any cards, so I can indulge in barbeque with no worries. . .

Posts: 92 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: February 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I might go to dinner, it depends on what is going on at home on Friday.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rod S
posted Hide Post
Count me in.

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
BounceySPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT Bouncey

Thanks to the generosity of the fine folks at Breygent Marketing, we have a set of the Red Robin promos from Philly to give away at our gathering. Thumb Up

To make more winners, I'm going to break the set into 3 prizes. There are promos for Dawn, American Horror Story, and Witchblade. First person who wins gets choice.

Yet another reason to join us for dinner at Alberto's! Metal

Ed Wave

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Super!!!

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Whooohoo! Thanks Breygent!!!!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post