Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Oct '11 - Hotel Info
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Oct '11 - Hotel Info
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

For those of you ready to book your hotel for the Fall Philly Show, I have the hotel information:

Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport (1787-B Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109). Phone 610-443-1400. The Hilton Garden Inn will once again be our host hotel. We have arranged a special rate of $84.00 + tax per night, which includes a fully cooked breakfast for two (omelet and waffle station). The Hilton Garden Inn features complimentary high-speed Internet access, many business-class amenities, and more. Less than one mile from the Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Group code PNS, cut-off date 10/7.

Other hotel choices:

Allentown Wingate by Wyndham
Wingate 4325 Hamilton Blvd., Rt 78/309 and Rt. 222, Allentown, PA 18103). Phone 610-366-1600. We have arranged a special rate at the Wingate of $72.00 + tax, which includes a complimentary hot breakfast. The Wingate features free high speed Internet access, microwave, refrigerator, oversized work desk with a two line speakerphone, expanded cable TV, and 32" flat screen LCD TV.
Group code PHILLY NON SPORT, cut-off date 10/21.
You must call to get the show discount.

Holiday Inn Allentown Center City
Holiday Inn Allentown Center City (904 West Hamilton St., Allentown, PA 18101). Phone 610-433-2221. The Holiday Inn is offering Philly Non-Sports Card Show guests a rate of $69.00 + tax, which includes free parking. The hotel features a restaurant on premises and is just 2.4 miles to the Merchants Square Mall.
Group Code PNS, cut-off date 10/7.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
yeah !!!
its time to start thinking about Philly Dance

does this mean promo's will start showing up soon ... wink, wink, nudge, nudge

What are the dates in October,
weekend of 22nd & 23rd ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hcbrewer,

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, October 22 and 23. Book it! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Batman has booked his reservation for October 21 and 22, looking forward to another great show. Last spring was the first time I checked in on Friday and it saved me from driving in early on Saturday morning and it was much more relaxing, it should be even more relaxing this time as I won't be bringing Mrs. Batman! Big Grin So, who is up for Red Robin on Friday night? Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
have also reserved my hotel suite
and since its the first night
will gladly come out to Red Robin
- spring show, I fell asleep and missed it Roll Eyes

I take it the onion rings are on you then ?

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
No, they are on Mr. DeFranzo, it's tradition! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
What are the distances from the Hilton and the Wingate to the show?
Do either/both offer free shuttle service to the show?
ARe there restaurants, including fast food, within walking distance of the Hilton and the Wingate?

Do you offer one free night lodging for first time show attenders? Can you spell...incentive?
Sorry, can't blame a guy for trying. LOL Wink

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I won't be bringing Mrs. Batman! Big Grin FrownSo, who is up for Red Robin on Friday night? Smile

I shall be with you in spirit Thumb Up Tell me what time you are getting to Red Robin and I will have a pint in my hand Smile

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
What are the distances from the Hilton and the Wingate to the show?They are not close - $25 Taxi fare from Hilton,
Do either/both offer free shuttle service to the show?shuttle bus doesn't go out that far from Hilton
Are there restaurants, including fast food, within walking distance of the Hilton and the Wingate?Plenty of eating places around Hilton within walking distance

Do you offer one free night lodging for first time show attenders? No they Don't Big Grin)

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
What are the distances from the Hilton and the Wingate to the show?They are not close - $25 Taxi fare from Hilton, - Wingate is 15 minutes away
Do either/both offer free shuttle service to the show?shuttle bus doesn't go out that far from Hilton - most likely not - shows not that big
Are there restaurants, including fast food, within walking distance of the Hilton and the Wingate?Plenty of eating places around Hilton within walking distance - not really, a pizza place

Do you offer one free night lodging for first time show attenders? No they Don't Big Grin)

their is an Econo lodge close to the show, probably 10 minute walk - only $59 a night - but it is pretty run down and has lots of bad reviews - and you probably have to share your bed with some bed bugs Shake Head
--> I did it the first year to save money, but won't do it again

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If you stay at the Hilton, where many of us stay, you can most likely hook up with one of us for a ride to and from the show.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The Wingate is a new hotel for us this year. It is closer then the Comfort Suites was. It's about 5 miles from the Merchants Square Mall.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Great news. Myself and McCheese8472 were just talking about this last weekend.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Holiday Inn Allentown Center City (904 West Hamilton St., Allentown, PA 18101) ? The Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport, was very nice, but so far away from the show.

But if everyone else is staying at the Hilton Gardens....I guess we'll go there again, as well.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The Card Talk gathering is usually held at the Hilton, so that's another good reason to stay there.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Really surprised that the Hilton does not offer a free shuttle service, especially for a convention group. Would be another nice incentive.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Great news. Myself and McCheese8472 were just talking about this last weekend.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Holiday Inn Allentown Center City (904 West Hamilton St., Allentown, PA 18101) ? The Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport, was very nice, but so far away from the show.

But if everyone else is staying at the Hilton Gardens....I guess we'll go there again, as well.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn. There's is a great micro-brewery restaurant nearby but... I prefer staying at the Hilton (or nearby Red Roof). The Holiday Inn isn't any closer to the show and you're going through the downtown area which is a pain because there are lots of traffic lights.

You have more food choices near the Hilton and it just makes more sense to stay in that area with the Card Talk event on Sunday mornings.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you stay at the Hilton, where many of us stay, you can most likely hook up with one of us for a ride to and from the show.
The ride with Mrs.Batman was cosy to say the least Big Grin She put my leg in fourth gear twice Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
The ride with Mrs.Batman was cosy to say the least Big Grin She put my leg in fourth gear twice Big Grin Big Grin

Funniest thing I read online all day!! Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Since the majority of the NSU members stay at the Hilton Gardens, the Red Robin Rest. is a weekend NSU non-official event, and the NSU 'Card Talk Event' is on Sunday morning, too...we'll stay there again. Plus the place was immaculate as well.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I've got to talk to the wife but I'm thinking I may be able to make the finances work out so I can go. This would be my first time so I'm really hoping I can make it.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post