Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 11 & 12, 2019
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 11 & 12, 2019
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Friday October 11th: 3PM to 8PM
Saturday October 12th: 9AM to 3PM

FREE ADMISSION! FREE PROMOS!

Same Great Location:

Holiday Inn and Suites
150 South Gary Ave
Carol Stream, IL 60188

FREE Parking

Meet Artist Caleb King who has done sketch cards for Star Wars, Marvel, Rick and Morty, and lots more!

A little side not about scheduling...

I know that ACE Comic Con has an event scheduled the same weekend. Nothing can be done about that since we work in two completely different worlds. But our room is booked long in advance and meant to coincide with the Philly Show so both shows are possible for a couple of vendors. My suggestion, plan on both. Come see us on Friday and do ACE on Saturday and Sunday. Hope we can see all our Chicago friends at the show!

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Info on our Creative Guest, Caleb King:

Caleb King (Surreality, Verse/Chorus) is an illustrator and writer who makes his home in Joliet, Illinois.

Caleb's illustrations focus on minimalist ideas, and pop-culture icons. Using watercolor to bring both tightly rendered objects and innate chaos, he is able to use this beautiful medium to bring to life his own creations and characters we all recognize. His clients include LucasFilm, Marvel, DC Comics, Dynamite, Netflix, AMC, Cartoon Network, Upper Deck, Topps, Cryptozoic, RRParks Cards, and PBS to name just a few. He has worked on properties, including Stranger Things, Spider-Man, The X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, DC Bombshells, Bettie Page, Rick and Morty, The Walking Dead, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the Star Wars universe, including Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, and Solo: A Star Wars Story.

He was educated at the American Academy of Art in Chicago, Illinois, and holds a Bachelor of Fine Art in Illustration. He travels extensively throughout the United States exhibiting his work, and telling stories. ​

Base card image created for the Star Wars Galaxy 2018 Trading Card Set published by Topps.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First Promo announcement was also the last promo announcement for the Spring...

Lady Death Goddess Promo LDGC by 5FINITY

5FINITY went to lengths to get this promo to Chicago in time for the Spring Show. The USPS went to lengths to make sure that didn't happen. So we decided to make this the first promo for the Fall Show.

I will have an alternate card for kids and anyone who would prefer not to have this card.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Looks really nice, worth the wait. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Chicago Show P19

Art by Creative Guest Caleb King

1 Per Person Per Day at the door.
Caleb will also have some to sign.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
How about another promo?

P57 from Scifi Cards

Art by fan favorite George Webber!

1 per person per day at the door.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Another great looking card, i really must catch up with these i'm way behind. Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Nice looking card!

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Book Hotel Rooms for the show NOW!

Use the special group code CNC when booking by phone or online.

Special Room Rates
Standard Room: $89.00
King 2 Room Suite: $109.00

Block Will Be Available Until September 26th. If unavailable before that, let me know and I will try to get more rooms added to the block.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Acquired more vintage and modern.
Anybody want to work out a pre-show trade now is a good time. Check out my posts on the trading pages, and email x4741@hotmail.com

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Bump to the top...

2 days left to secure a room at the show rate.

More info coming soon on Door Prizes

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I will bring my Star Wars Skywalker Saga cards to trade if anyone is interested.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I will bring my Star Wars Skywalker Saga cards to trade if anyone is interested.

I’m sitting on 9 more blasters that I’m saving to open on my YouTube channel. I’ll see if I can get to that this weekend.

Also looking for/trading:

Star Wars ESB B&W
Star Wars Chrome Legacy
Rogue One Series 1
Rogue One Mission Briefing
Star Wars Card Trader (non-scratched)
Star Wars Solo
Star Wars Resistance
Star Wars Force Awakens Chrome
Star Wars On Demand (All Sets)
Star Wars Stellar ‘18
Twilight Zone RSE
Allen & Ginter ‘19
Fire Baseball ‘19

Will be at the show later on Friday and briefly on Saturday before heading to ACE for my Phasma autograph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: venom5liter,

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Along with the usual supply of cards, I will be bringing a number of Funko Pops that I just picked up over the last few days. Can't wait to see everyone!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Last few updates before I hit the road for the show...

DOOR PRIZES

Friday at 7:30pm ish...

Box and Binder of Orville Season 1 Trading cards by Rittenhouse.
Supplied by K&J Non-Sport Cards

Saturday at 2:30pm ish...

Hobby Box and Binder of Game of Thrones Inflexions.
Supplied by Scifi Cards

You must be present to win.
1 Entry per person
Dealers not eligible to win, sorry guys.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well that's worth walking through the door on it's own. Thumb Up

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Dealer List:

Scifi Cards
Boxes, Binders, and unusual small sets, Scifi Cards always has a wide variety of cards for every interest.

K&J Non-Sport Cards
Specializing in sketch and autograph cards, K&J also carries all new releases from boxes to single cards

Looky Here
Bill is back and in good humor for the show.
​Carrying new and old releases and other collectibles including action figures and heroclix.

Marcos Ibarra
Let's welcome this new vendor to the show!
Marcos has a selection of Superhero Fridge Magnets and collectible toys. Be sure to check out the selection

xVADER Cards
100's of vintage singles, graded singles, and some complete and near sets.
Modern autos, relics, sketches, inserts and base sets. Be one of the first to dig through the discount box.

Brian's Cards
You never know what Brian is going to bring. New cards, older cards, hard to find collectibles all show up on his table. Bring your lists and check out this show's selection.

Flea Circus
Look for vintage and near vintage cards along with a mix of toys and collectibles. You might find anything at this table.

Carl's Cards
Lots of singles and sets to be had at Carl's table. Something different every time.

Iggy's Cards
Lots of single cards and some complete sets available here. Look for some new inventory of Funko Pops too.

Frank's Sports Cards
Or, Non-Sports this show. Look for an eclectic mix of cards including Benchwarmer, Americana, Country Music, Big Bang Theory and More.

Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation
Paul Maiellaro will have a table set up to benefit the Treasure Chest foundation. Look for give-aways and the always popular Treasure Chest of Art as well as new projects he has started since the last show!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Along with the usual supply of cards, I will be bringing a number of Funko Pops that I just picked up over the last few days. Can't wait to see everyone!

Please noooooooo........!

Posts: 40 | Location: The other side..... | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Star:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

Please noooooooo........!

Razz

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Will be there Saturday at the door. Come say hi. Ask me about my big adventure.....LOL

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post