Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show - May 4 & 5, 2013
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show - May 4 & 5, 2013
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
With all the Philly threads, there just didn't seem to be a place to post this. So I am starting a general thread for the show.

Just a reminder that the last day to Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport is this Wednesday, April 10. So if you are interested in booking there, don't delay!! The Staybridge is the first of our three hotels to expire the special show rate. Rooms must be book at at the others two hotels by 4/19 (host hotel: Hilton Garden Inn) or 5/1 (Allentown Wingate by Wyndham).

There is information about all three of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show hotels here:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Website - Travel & Hotel Info

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
As we are less than a month away from the Philly Show consider attending the unofficial official Red Robin gathering on Saturday May 4th at the Red Robin right next to the host hotel the Hilton Garden Inn. Festivities will commence at 9:30; it's a great time to bring cards to trade, talk cards, or just get to know other collectors and meet up with old friends. If you have a box bring it for the always entertaining group box opening; we are still waiting for someone to pull a spectacular hit! You also don't want to miss out on the onion ring towers or silly hats!! No need to sign up, just head on over on Saturday night we usually have a group of at least 20 or more, and I suspect that some Card Talk members from abroad will have endeared themselves to the Red Robin staff well before the gathering so we should have outstanding service! Smile Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Jo Anne and I will be there! This time maybe before 90% of the card talkers leave the Red Robin for the evening!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have published a list of Philly Show dealers/exhibitors today:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Exhibitors

We have several new dealers who have not exhibited at the show previously, or not in some time anyway. Those include Bob Marsella, John Fallone, Ron Prager and Lance Hawk. Another new dealer, Darrell Swigart, sells vintage non-sport and sports cards and specializes in cards from the 50s thru 70s.

Josh Evans of Lelands.com will be looking for major collections and primo items for his consignment auctions, so if you have anything that you think fits the bill and want to consign to Lelands, be sure to bring a list.

See you at the show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
22 dollars of mine will be there and 8 dollars for admission. I have a proxy who is helping me out there!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Looking good Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that the last day to book at the Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport, our host hotel, is this Friday, April 19. So if you are interested in booking there, don't delay!! Our block at the Staybridge has already expired and the block at the Allentown Wingate by Wyndham will expire on May 1st.

There is information about all three of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show hotels here:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Website - Travel & Hotel Info

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So bummed. Thought I had a shot to make it this Spring but have a prior commitment the first Saturday of May for forever. October is also out due to work deadlines. Really miss seeing Harris and the Bat(and Graham) at Con!! Boo hoo hoo. Frown Frown

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Wish you could have made it! Frown I will be looking out for you on the promo front so not all is lost! Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Wish you could have made it! Frown I will be looking out for you on the promo front so not all is lost! Wink

You are too cool for school. Thanx in advance for thinking of me and as Karma is and does, I have stuff 4 u 2. Shipping some stuff to Harris and will include yours.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post

the reason I will not be at the spring Philly show
Meena is only a month old, and not ready for the eight hour drive yet

will see about the fall show Smile

anyone wanting to collect promo's for me Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It's a GREAT reason to miss the show Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Best of luck hcbrewer! Hope to see you in the Fall.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a ton of prizes to give away this weekend at the show. Some will be given away as door prizes at the show itself and some will be given away at the Card Talk meeting on Sunday morning. Included are:
  • Many unopened boxes and products from Topps.com
  • Space promo cards from Viceroy Card Company
  • Many WonderCon prizes (swag, giant bags, t-shirts) very generously donating by Card Talk's NL (thanks NL!)
  • Bettie Page binders from Versicolor Productions containing an exclusive "Bettie Spaghetti" promo binder card, 1 exclusive Spot Foil Chase card #SF4 of the cover to the binder by Veronica O'Connell, all 4 of the variant card #91, and the promo checklist card from series 1. Randomly inserted in every 5 binders is an Artist Autograph card (one of our binders has one of these)
  • Much more
It's not too late to make plans to attend the show. There more show info here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats, HCBREWER!
How beautiful and wonderful a baby can be! Take care and see you in the future!

Hello everyone! Paul from the CECE here, just a quick note, I will be at the Philly Show representing the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation once again this spring. I will again be accepting donations as well as having some very cool things available at the table.
I just released the Treasure Chest of Art Mini-Master packs! I will have these along with singles and Full Chests at the show.
Please email me with any questions.
Thanks again for all of your support and see you in a few days!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
24 hours 'till we're in the air Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We have a ton of prizes to give away this weekend at the show. Some will be given away as door prizes at the show itself and some will be given away at the Card Talk meeting on Sunday morning. Included are:
  • Many WonderCon prizes (swag, giant bags, t-shirts) very generously donating by Card Talk's NL (thanks NL!)
  • Bettie Page binders from Versicolor Productions containing an exclusive "Bettie Spaghetti" promo binder card, 1 exclusive Spot Foil Chase card #SF4 of the cover to the binder by Veronica O'Connell, all 4 of the variant card #91, and the promo checklist card from series 1. Randomly inserted in every 5 binders is an Artist Autograph card (one of our binders has one of these)
  • Much more

Are there any UK promo's or extra small T-Shirts to win?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
  • Much more

PICK ME PICK MESmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, see everyone soon. I will be accepting any of the Treasure Chest of Art cards that may be finished from any of the participating artists that may be coming to the show. If you still have some blanks or finished cards, please bring them to Philly. We are almost to our goal to finish the project, but still short quite a bit of cards.
Thanks again for all of your help and continued support of the Foundation.
Take care and see you then,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hello All:

Marco from 258 West Authentic Signatures checked in yesterday to tell me about 258 West Authentic Mystery Packs - NSU Spring Show that the company will be offering this weekend a the show. Here's the scoop....

There are 22 cases and 4 boxes per case
$300 a case / $75 a box
Each box comes with 11 hits or more, with at least 10 being autograph cards

1 box in every 22 cases will be packed with 1 one those below

• 1 - Leonard Nimoy Transformers autograph Prime - #4 of 7 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 - Leonard Nimoy Transformers autograph #45 of 45 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 – Brian Kong Tom Hiddleston signed Sketch Card 1/1 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 set of Marilyn Monroe printing plates (all 4 color plates) (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Buck Rogers Twiki Sketch card by Katie Cook signed by Felix Silla (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Dexter Rubber Face Prop card – #2 of 3 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Josh Hucherson Hunger Games Autograph from the Walmart midnight release (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 2 John Lithgow autographed Dexter cards (2 in 88 packs or 2 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Michael C. Hall Autographed Dexter card (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 5 Hunger games autographed cards from the Walmart Midnight Release (5 in 88 packs or 5 in 22 cases)
  • 5 Duel Sketch Cards (5 in 88 packs or 5 in 22 cases)
  • 3 Tudors Razor prop cards #’d to 22 ( 2 parts of the handle (one part is the end piece)& 1 part of the blade ) (3 in 88 packs or 3 in 22 cases)

The other 3 boxes will be packed with one or more of these below:
  • Tom Hiddleston Portrait cards limited to 50
  • The Vampire Diaries triple signed cards Limited to 50
  • Tom Hiddleston signed cards ( where he signed Loki below his name )
  • Tom Hiddleston Sgined Cards where he signed with a Green Pen
  • 4 Serenity Autograph cards ( 2 Gina Torres, 1 Jewel Staite and 1 Chiwetel Ejiofor ) (4 in 88 packs or 4 in 22 cases)
  • 9 Different normal Sketch cards
  • 2 Jonathan Rhys Meyers signed cards
  • 1 ultra-rare Ghost Whisper J.Love Patch card

..... and much much more

And the kicker is these are limited to 88 boxes (22 cases)

Come to the show and see 258 West Authentic Signatures for yours.