Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show - May 4 & 5, 2013
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show - May 4 & 5, 2013
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
These sound fun! I can't wait to see the boxes/cases in person. Something else to look forward to on the jam packed saturday!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hello All:

Marco from 258 West Authentic Signatures checked in yesterday to tell me about 258 West Authentic Mystery Packs - NSU Spring Show that the company will be offering this weekend a the show. Here's the scoop....

There are 22 cases and 4 boxes per case
$300 a case / $75 a box
Each box comes with 11 hits or more, with at least 10 being autograph cards

1 box in every 22 cases will be packed with 1 one those below

• 1 - Leonard Nimoy Transformers autograph Prime - #4 of 7 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 - Leonard Nimoy Transformers autograph #45 of 45 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 – Brian Kong Tom Hiddleston signed Sketch Card 1/1 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 set of Marilyn Monroe printing plates (all 4 color plates) (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Buck Rogers Twiki Sketch card by Katie Cook signed by Felix Silla (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Dexter Rubber Face Prop card – #2 of 3 (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Josh Hucherson Hunger Games Autograph from the Walmart midnight release (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 2 John Lithgow autographed Dexter cards (2 in 88 packs or 2 in 22 cases)
  • 1 Michael C. Hall Autographed Dexter card (1 in 88 packs or 1 in 22 cases)
  • 5 Hunger games autographed cards from the Walmart Midnight Release (5 in 88 packs or 5 in 22 cases)
  • 5 Duel Sketch Cards (5 in 88 packs or 5 in 22 cases)
  • 3 Tudors Razor prop cards #’d to 22 ( 2 parts of the handle (one part is the end piece)& 1 part of the blade ) (3 in 88 packs or 3 in 22 cases)

The other 3 boxes will be packed with one or more of these below:
  • Tom Hiddleston Portrait cards limited to 50
  • The Vampire Diaries triple signed cards Limited to 50
  • Tom Hiddleston signed cards ( where he signed Loki below his name )
  • Tom Hiddleston Sgined Cards where he signed with a Green Pen
  • 4 Serenity Autograph cards ( 2 Gina Torres, 1 Jewel Staite and 1 Chiwetel Ejiofor ) (4 in 88 packs or 4 in 22 cases)
  • 9 Different normal Sketch cards
  • 2 Jonathan Rhys Meyers signed cards
  • 1 ultra-rare Ghost Whisper J.Love Patch card

..... and much much more

And the kicker is these are limited to 88 boxes (22 cases)

Come to the show and see 258 West Authentic Signatures for yours.

Here are some photos of possible cards packed in these boxes.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are those pencil puzzle sketches by Slickaway?

Fantastic stuff Marco. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
FUN STUFF!

Thanks for sharing Marco!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Are those pencil puzzle sketches by Slickaway?

Fantastic stuff Marco. . .

Yeah, the puzzle sketches I got out of the Breygent SDCC mystery packs!! Those were fun to break.

By the way here is a close up of the Tom Hiddleson signed Sketch card by Brian Kong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrBlueofnyc,

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While we wait for the show to start, we're giving away a Mars Attacks Heritage sketch card on our facebook page!

www.facebook.com/MarsAttacks

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Dealer Fred England is redeeming Star Wars cards in Topps' The Circle is Complete promotion here at the show this weekend. He's set up in the left front corner as you enter the expo room.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see pics. Is there a blog?

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Not yet on either (pics or blog) but there should be both soon. And I saw a lot of others taking photos so I would think they'll be some turning up soon.

The show was a really good one. Lots of positive energy. And promos. Big Grin Including four Breygent Marketing exclusive Red Robin promos and a Tilted Kilt promo given away at the Card Talk meeting. Breygent, and the others went all out!!!

I'll post more when I can.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Not yet on either (pics or blog) but there should be both soon. And I saw a lot of others taking photos so I would think they'll be some turning up soon.

The show was a really good one. Lots of positive energy. And promos. Big Grin Including four Breygent Marketing exclusive Red Robin promos and a Tilted Kilt promo given away at the Card Talk meeting. Breygent, and the others went all out!!!

I can't wait to see pics & the blog!! Big Grin

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say that I enjoyed attending the show on Saturday. Thanks to the Toser's, the card manufacturers and all the dealers for keeping this show going year after year. I've been attending since the early 1990's and it is really amazing to see the evolution of the show and the hobby itself. I still love the visual stimulation from seeing so many of those little pieces of cardboards. See you in September.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

There was a lot of energy at the show. I think it was due in part to everyone needing to go to different dealer tables to pick up the Breygent promo cards. I think that was a brilliant idea and hope Breygent does this again in the future. The free sets for kids was a nice idea too. I don't think we gave out any on Saturday but on Sunday there were plenty of kids handing me a ticket to get a free set.

Thanks to everyone involved (dealers, manufacturers, NSU staff, helpers, artists, attendees...) who made it such a great show.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How did people do with the 258 West Authentic Mystery Packs?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
What a show! Because this wasn't my first visit, it was about the attendees as well as the cards. It was great to see so many that I'd met before as well as meeting new people. This was down in no small part to the Philly card featuring myself and Hammer Thumb Up I've never signed my name so many times! As usual, the choice was far larger than my wallet and most of my card money dwindled within the first 30 minutes of the show. The one artist I had to see and badger for a return visit to the UK was Warren Martineck. Now working for Rittenhouse Archives, he still had time to sketch two commissions for me (see below). Excellent artist and all-round good bloke. He even gave me his name tag on Sunday! Despite the dust-gathering wallet, it was good to see what was on offer and what others were picking up. Funniest sight was Tbear (Ted) being directed by Tom Wright to pick up his door raffle prize - a superb Cryptozoic auto pieceworks card. He seem genuinely bemused!
Special thanks goes to Ed Webb who after a 12 hour drive, still found time to drop off my case of Marvel's Greatest Battles to the hotel Friday night. Huge bloke with generosity to match.
If you've never been, try it. I got messages before the first time I went that I would be disappointed that it wasn't like San Diego. It's not. It's better because it's what it says on the tin - a card show.
Many thanks to all that put in unseen effort to make the show what it is - the best card show on Earth.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
What a show! Because this wasn't my first visit, it was about the attendees as well as the cards. It was great to see so many that I'd met before as well as meeting new people. This was down in no small part to the Philly card featuring myself and Hammer Thumb Up I've never signed my name so many times! As usual, the choice was far larger than my wallet and most of my card money dwindled within the first 30 minutes of the show. The one artist I had to see and badger for a return visit to the UK was Warren Martineck. Now working for Rittenhouse Archives, he still had time to sketch two commissions for me (see below). Excellent artist and all-round good bloke. He even gave me his name tag on Sunday! Despite the dust-gathering wallet, it was good to see what was on offer and what others were picking up. Funniest sight was Tbear (Ted) being directed by Tom Wright to pick up his door raffle prize - a superb Cryptozoic auto pieceworks card. He seem genuinely bemused!
Special thanks goes to Ed Webb who after a 12 hour drive, still found time to drop off my case of Marvel's Greatest Battles to the hotel Friday night. Huge bloke with generosity to match.
If you've never been, try it. I got messages before the first time I went that I would be disappointed that it wasn't like San Diego. It's not. It's better because it's what it says on the tin - a card show.
Many thanks to all that put in unseen effort to make the show what it is - the best card show on Earth.

I love that Dawnstar. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Very nice Legion sketches, Graham. Congrats to Warren Martineck.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
If anyone would like to watch the artists panel, we have it online now:

Artists Panel at the 58th Philly Non Sports Card Show

There's a second video with scenes from around the show floor and a few interviews interspersed. Enjoy1

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just took the tour around the Show, just felt like been there again. Thumb Up

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was not able to go to the show but was able to get a case of the 258 West mystery packs direct from Marco.Rather than start a new thread in box breakdowns thought I would post the big hits here.

Kevin McHale Facebook numbered to 50,Tom Hiddleston x 2,Tudors five piece costume.

Dobrev/Somerhalder Facebook dual auto numbered to 50,Dobrev/Somerhalder/Wesley Facebook triple auto,Hunger Games Thresh auto.

I also got a wide selection of other 258 West Authentic autos as well as Vampirella,Warlord of Mars,and Deadworld autos and two Heroes season one costumes(Parkman and Mendez.A lot of fun to open Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the show. Thank you to everyone involved in organizing & executing the event!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post