Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 & 6
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 & 6
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Last Day for the Special Room Rate at the Holiday Inn Use group code CNS when booking online or on the phone.

Happy to announce you'll be able to pick up the new Bags Unlimited catalog at the show while supplies last. Dance

They also send a few goodies which will be added to the door prize drawings each day.

Dealer space is filling up fast. If you were thinking about giving it a go to move some extras, now would be the time. Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Will have lots of pictures this week...

First Up!

SideShow P1 from Frank Eachus Publishing

Frank will be set up at the show and will have the SideShow P2 available at his table.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Today's reveal...

Promo 3 for Stax Cards' Baseball Stars set...

Thanks to Stax for supporting the show.

And, for anyone interested. There will be some of Stax's product for sale at the show. Thumb Up

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Today's promo unveiling is the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show P3 with art from Sniper and Rook which is the flagship project from John Metych's Beta 3 Comics.

1 Per person per day in the admission packet.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Today's reveal... P4 Promo featuring the art of guest Craig Boldman's latest project.

That's probably it for this week. I have two more I'm expecting to receive before the admission packs get made.

One week to the show. Is anyone coming, or are all these promos mine? Razz

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed, keep some to make promo packs for the guys who can't make it to this show but who will see you at the Philly Show. Some might come from a long distance Wink

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
Hey Ed, keep some to make promo packs for the guys who can't make it to this show but who will see you at the Philly Show. Some might come from a long distance Wink

I know we did that with the Spring show. Never heard any feedback if it was popular or if people thought we were taking advantage of promo collectors. It's tough to balance the dealer/promoter equation sometimes.

Ed

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

I know we did that with the Spring show. Never heard any feedback if it was popular or if people thought we were taking advantage of promo collectors. It's tough to balance the dealer/promoter equation sometimes.

Ed

Ed It was much appreciated by myself - who would like to buy a pack if available. No different to what you offer for the Philly show. As long as all those attending get all the promo's available I see nothing wrong with others paying the "entrance fee" for any packs left over. Helps out the show by getting a few more bucks in to cover the costs and means those who can't attend can get the cards at a reasonable price.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I agree. It was appreciated. Proof is : we would like you to keep doing it.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
As a dealer at the Chicago show, the ability to sell off the show exclusive promos has worked into my decision to do the show. That way, even if the show is slow for business or not well attended (like Spring was), I could make up for lost revenue. This would also apply to the attendees who look to move the exclusive promos that they may not want to help defer the cost of traveling to Chicago for the show.

If the promos are offered at other shows, by the promoter of the Chicago show, it takes away the exclusivity and therefore a good bit of the value.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
If the promos are offered at other shows, by the promoter of the Chicago show, it takes away the exclusivity and therefore a good bit of the value.

It also removes the incentive for people to attend the show.

I would have rather seen additional sets for sale (or otherwise available) to attendees/dealers at the Chicago show, then at least the people attending the show get the benefit of the promos.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Ed has done a great job acquiring promos as an incentive for attending the show.
I agree with others, the word "Exclusive" ought to really mean something. Otherwise, you should add...51%, Almost, Sorta in front of exclusive. Let exclusive be your guide. Cool

See you at the show. Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It's sad that people have to rely on "promos" to make a show successful. I remember attending the Philly, Parsippany, and Dee's show and there were no promos available, I was happy there was just a show to go to.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sad or not at some shows it is a reality and the exclusivity of the show promos is a necessary aid to bandaid up a possible mediocre show or offset show cost outlay for the dealer

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
It's sad that people have to rely on "promos" to make a show successful. I remember attending the Philly, Parsippany, and Dee's show and there were no promos available, I was happy there was just a show to go to.

Yes, remember going to all the shows to try to complete a set or get a new box of cards that just came out.

Only guarantee I received going to the show was that you would do something foolish. Like, lock your keys in your car, throw the football around the bar and trying to find a diner late at night in Parsippany.

Those were great times.

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Only a few more days...I can't wait to see everyone!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing you too, Ig!
I would go to this show even if there were no promos. Promos have become such a big thing in the last few years, with some sets having a dozen promos or more, look at Bettie Page, Warlord of Mars, and Vampirella.
To me, the main focus is building a mini-master set, I cant afford all the big hits. Now, with some of the promos being really hard to find, I can't afford some of them either.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Dandy Don, it is always a pleasure to see you. Hope I can help fill some of your needs with my cheepie inserts. Wave

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Another exclusive promo from Versicolor Productions!

1 per person per day at admission and while supplies last.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Ed if you do any of the promo bundles again, you know I loved em in the Spring and I'd do it again SmileJust drop me a note if so.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post