Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 & 6
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 & 6
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Just got a call. No posse today..... Frown

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Sorry Harris. My plans changed and I forgot my camera.....But I believe Don got some pictures.

Had a great time as always. Made some good scores as well..... Will post a picture later. Many thanks to Ed, Kevin and Bill and Celeste. And I can't forget Iggy. HUGS!

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the Chicago Show.

It has been years since I have been to a show and it was great. It brought back many memories of yesteryear.

I was able to convince my daughter to come with me and she found the 2011 and 2012 Wrestling base sets from Topps to purchase. Its a stretch from Non-Sport but I will take it anyway.

Thanks to everyone who put on the show and we can't wait until the next one.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! I had a great time this weekend! When the close of the day came on Friday, I realized, I did not know where the time went. I could have gone on all night! Thank you everyone for all the donations for the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. In combination with the items i brought in, I was able to fill half a carload! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for all of your generosity!
And thank you for all the wonderful conversation. I really enjoy all of you and am glad we all can share this common bond.
It was a pleasure meeting some of the new folks including Craig, a wonderful artist, and Frank Eachus featuring a preview set of the Houdini cards he is producing. If you like magic, history, Houdini, or cards, this is a must! I bought a set and absolutely LOVE it!
I can't wait for the release of the entire set on Halloween. (By the way, Frank shared with me, the release coincides with the anniversary of Houdini's death).
I always liked magic when I was younger and to see some of the posters reproduced is a real treat! Best of everything to these creators! Thanks for the opportunity to meet and talk with you about the current and upcoming projects.
Thanks Ed and Kevin for a really nice weekend!
Also, bought a few other things while I was there, which was nice.
Well, take care, hope to see some photos soon. I am sorry, but did not even think of bringing my camera.
Well, take care and looking forward to Carol Stream in April, see some of you in Nov at Bridgeview!
Best,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Pictures are coming. I took a few and sent them to Harris, and he will use them in a blog bit later this week.

The show was really good for me, while I didn't walk away with any really super cool hits, I did okay with some SDCC Breygent packs. Got 3 Dexter relics.

The Houdini preview set is nice, and really enjoyed talking to Frank. Craig was also very interesting.

I think the best part was talking with the folks there, both collectors and dealers. In our normal everyday lives, few of us have people to talk cards with, but here you can find friends an even total stranges to chat with.

Got a nice sketch from Paul by David Rabbitte from his Trasure Chest table, and completed much off my want list - finished off all my inserts from Game of Thrones. Ed Webb brought his extras from Dr No James Bond 50th, and was able to get a lot closer to finishing my retro set.

If there was a dispointment, it was not finding any Avengers 50th, and the Tarzan 100th is not what I expected. I was hoping it was a history of Tarzan as written by Edgar Rice Bouroughs, but it is just comic book covers.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was a good show for me as well. I picked up a lot of promos
that I needed and filled a bunch of insert card holes in a few
sets that I've been working on. I got a Tattoo Art set and also
one of the Houdini preview sets. I picked 4 packs of Night of
the Living Dead and got a couple autos I needed and got some
great sketches as well. Pulled a nice Dexter prop card and
2 auto cards from a Breygent mystery pack and I grabbed a box
of Marvel Greatest Heroes that I still need to open.

It was good to see and talk to all the other Card Talk members
that were at the show as well. I'd like to say a big Thank You
to Ed and everyone involved in putting on the show.
See you all there next time!!

Greg

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally back in less than $3.40 a gallon gasoline land. Good thing the show was not held in California. Eek

As Tony the Tiger always says...There G R E A T !!!!!
This was the busiest show I've experienced. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Lots of buying, selling, and trading.
Even busy I was still able to expand my collection. Total haul:
2 promo sets
2 signed promos
25 promos
2 caseloaders
2 autos
4 costumes
1 sealed box
78 packs
275 chase
2000 commons

Thanks to all the Cardtalkers that brought me singles I needed to complete sets.
I recommend Philly dealers give this show a fresh look. You are missing a great opportunity, especially vintage sellers.
Thanks to Ed & Kevin for arranging the show. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here is Don's review of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show on the blog today along with a brief gallery of pics that Don took at the show:

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show Report

A big thanks to Don for doing this and sharing his photos.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice report Don, thanks for doing the photo's. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie, it was fun, should have taken more. Thanks to Harris for posting them on the blog.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree outstanding job Don! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Don - thanks for report - always nice to read about what goes on and it is a show I would like to visit

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I had a good time at this show although I could not stay long. Craig Boldman did a great sketch of Jughead in my sketchbook. Xtime had some Garbage Pail flashback singles that I needed. Greg lets get together in the spring.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great job on the report Don!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Where are the pictures??? Confused

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Ace, look on the blog, they were posted a few days ago.

Hammer, Laura, thanks for your comments.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
What blog, where?

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
What blog, where?

Here is Don's blog entry and photo gallery, Ace:

Chicago Non Sport Card Show Report

For the photo gallery at the bottom, you can click on the small "thumbnail" images to see larger versions. And once you do that, you can use your keyboard's arrow keys to scroll right and left to the next/previous photo.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Better late than never!

Filled some holes in my True Blood and Game of Thrones autos. Got a bunch of inserts/parallels from Game of Thrones, Vampirella and some Spiderman 3 inserts. Had a nice trade with Ed.

Adriana bought a sketch card from Craig Boldman and he drew her a picture of Jughead that she told everyone about once we got home.

Ian bought Xtime out of Pokeman cards and found some Star Wars Galaxy 5 inserts he needed with Igman

Kids and I can't wait until the Spring. Thanks for putting together a great show.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post