Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 & 6
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show October 5 & 6
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Final promo arrived today, courtesy of Steve at 5FINITY...

That makes a total of 10 FREE promos with your FREE admission. 1 packet per person per day.

I've made the last updates on the website for this show, so check out the supporters list and the dealer list. www.nonsportcardshows.com

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice and well done Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Great job, Ed. Thumb Up

What happened to the days when we stood in line for 15-45 minutes, paid anywhere from $5 to $12 admission, and received no promos? Frown

Now dealers bear all the cost for admission, and collectors can get in the door quickly and receive a nice stack of exclusive promos for FREE. Eek

It is just one of the great and unique incentives to attend the Chicago show.

Definitely looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Already working on potential trades. It’s going to be fun. Ya’ll come. Wavey

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:

What happened to the days when we stood in line for 15-45 minutes, paid anywhere from $5 to $12 admission, and received no promos? Frown

You increased the price to $25 and exported it to England. To be fair ( and only thanks to certain manufacturers ) things have improved on the promo front recently.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
The kids and I are counting down the days. I am picking them up after school and we should be there around 4:30.

My daughter is already geared up to get another sketch card. LOL

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
You increased the price to $25 and exported it to England.

Many, if not most, shows held in the USA exceed $25/day for admission with no freebies or promos.

Ed's show and Allentown are big exceptions to that rule.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Really??

Thanks Bill i did not know that.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Free promos aren't the only goodies at the show. There will be a free raffle each day for the attendees (dealers are excluded).

Friday, we will be giving away a Walking Dead Comic Series SDCC Binder with set donated by K&J Cards and a box of 9 pocket pages donated by Bags Unlimited. Drawing will be at approximately 6:30PM.

Saturday, we will be giving away a Mars Attacks Box and Binder donated by Scifi Cards and an assortment of card sleeves donated by Bags Unlimited. Drawing will be at approximately 2:30PM.

You must be present to win.

Just another good reason to come out and spend the day with like minded people and lots of cards!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great show. I wish I could make it but our car is in bad shape. I hope to eventually be able to get out to a Chicago show. Keeping my fingers crossed. Smile

Posts: 2285 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! I am packing for the show tonight and will have some special treats for people at this weekend's show!
Please also, keep in mind that I will be accepting Card & New Toy donations for the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation at the show.
I will also be offering the Treasure Chest of Art collection as well as single cards.
Remember 100% benefits the Foundation.
Please stop by and say hello to artist Connie Persampieri.
Thanks again for all the support!
Take care and see you all there..in a few short hours!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a clarification, I will be accepting single cards once again for benefit of the TCF. Anyone who wishes to bring some out to this weekends show, that would be great!
Take care and see you all in a few hours.
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Myself and part of the posse will be there on Saturday. But the big question is will IGGY be there??? And who is keeping him away from the pizza???? Just sayin'.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Have fun everyone.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
It's not the same without you and your parents Harris. I will snap some pictures for you. Let me know what email to send them to......

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
It's not the same without you and your parents Harris. I will snap some pictures for you. Let me know what email to send them to......

Jewel Big Grin

Thanks Jewel. I'll miss seeing you too. A "virtual hug" is just not the same, you know? Frown

I think we may have some pics on the way but would love to see yours too. You always take good ones. Send 'em to my usual address (which is in my profile).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris. *HUGS* See everyone tomorrow around 10ish.

Jewel Big Grin

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Kennywood is right, it's so nice to be around "Card" people.

Saw a lot of Card Talkers and dealers,talked to Frank Eachus,a really nice guy, picked up one of his Houdini Preview sets. The one thing I wanted the most - Avengers 50th, was nowhere to be found.
Did find the last Tarzan 100th Anniv. but my box was so-so. Finished off lots of inserts off my want list, seemed like lots of collectors were looking for Game of Thrones autos.

I took some pics, wil send them to Harris later with a write-up for the blog. Going back tomorrow morning, have some decisions to sleep on.

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad to see everyone is having a good time. Wavey

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! Getting ready to leave for the show, but wanted to send a out a BIG THANK YOU to all the folks who stopped by and donated Cards and toys yesterday for the Treasure Chest Foundation. We really appreciate your support!
We collected several boxes of merchandise over the course of the day.
Thanks again to everyone!
Take care and see you soon.
Paul

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
See everyone in a few hours.

Jewel Big Grin