Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    SDCC Card Talk Dinner - we're back!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Card Talk Dinner - we're back!!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello friends!

After two long years of no San Diego Comic Con, (due to Covid, of course), it's coming back with a vengeance this July! And, so is the traditional SDCC Card Talk dinner, on Saturday, July 23rd! Smile

Right now we're just throwing out feelers to see who will be at the Con and would be interested in attending dinner. Typically held right after the Convention floor closes, there will be fun, fellowship and PRIZES!

We're in the planning stages right now so if you're planning to attend, post here or shoot me an email. Thanks and looking forward to us all being together again!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Clap Bouncey Dance Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I dearly wish I could attend this one of these years while (most) of us are still alive, but can't again this year, due to pre-existing plans, I'm sad to report.

Hopefully, I can get there next year, as I'd like to meet any of you mugs. I think John Tirohn is the only member I've run into at SDCC (that I know of, anyway, perhaps a couple of dealers). And so far, we've never made it East while the Philly show was in session, although that remains an achievable goal I intend to accomplish.

Good luck this year, I hope you are able to have plenty of attendees for a fun night!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Been offline a long time but hoping everyone is well.

As Debi posted above we are holding a Cardtalk dinner on July 23 and hope fellow Cardtalkers who are in town either attending (or not), can meet, greet and eat with us here in San Diego.

Pendragon, Debi and myself, well....we're putting together some great giveaways for those who can attend. We just need people to RSVP!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Have fun

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have had a few peeps RSVP for the dinner. Thank you. You're welcome to come hang out with us whether you are attending CON or not. This event is for card people who want to get together to greet meet and eat!
Will post confirmed location and time next week.

quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Hello!

As Debi posted above we are holding a Cardtalk dinner on July 23 and hope fellow Cardtalkers who are in town either attending (or not), can meet, greet and eat with us here in San Diego.

Pendragon, Debi and myself, well....we're putting together some great giveaways for those who can attend. We just need people to RSVP!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Hello,

The dinner will be held Saturday 7/23 after Con closes (7 pm) at Eddie Vs Marina downtown harbor location.

Restaurant is on the side of Cheesecake Factory, directly across from Manchester Hyatt.

See y'all there.

NL
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Have had a few peeps RSVP for the dinner. Thank you. You're welcome to come hang out with us whether you are attending CON or not. This event is for card people who want to get together to greet meet and eat!
Will post confirmed location and time next week.

quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Hello!

[/QUOTE]

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

The dinner will be held Saturday 7/23 after Con closes (7 pm) at Eddie Vs Marina downtown harbor location.

Surf.... Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How were SDCC and the dinner?

Were there many cards/dealers at the show?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it would be great to hear about what was found at the show. It was great in the late 90's when you could find lots of cards.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
How were SDCC and the dinner?

Were there many cards/dealers at the show?

Posts: 4377 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wasn't in the exhibit hall much but Cryptozoic, Panini, Marks Non Sports, Henry (cannot remember booth name) and a few artists at Artist Alley were there.

Cryptos promos were available only via a purchase, Mark had classic Marvel 1980s numbered uncut sheet and a few other booths had cards...I just don't know which ones but saw a few other promo game playing cards.

Dinner was not more than 9 of us but was nice intimate affair. We were able to provide appetizers and themed swag bags with sketch cards for all guests (DC, MARVEL, SDCC) so everyone got something cool.

Debi and Pendragon probably know more as my time on the floor was limited.

Hopefully, we can plan our next dinner for SDCC 2023. Surf