Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly May 2023
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope anyone here who went to the show will report on what they saw and/or picked up at the show.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was busier than normal for a Sunday. Wound up selling a doctor who case today. Yesterday sales were mixed between card boxes and supplies. Today more binders and higher end products. Overall pretty decent and look forward to seeing everyone again in a few months.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I hope anyone here who went to the show will report on what they saw and/or picked up at the show.

Well I saw some strange autographed items. They were not trading cards but boxing gloves! One was Mike Tyson, George Foreman and I can’t remember the third one. Definitely caught me off guard.

The various artist’s tables had some great items and they are so talented. The several manufacturers were always nice to see including one or two new small ones.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I actually found quite a bit at the show, definitely the most I've purchased there in a while. My pickups:

• Ray Harryhausen Vintage Sci-Fi Poster autograph (black ink) - I have the blue ink, honestly didn't think I'd ever land the black one.
• Albert Brooks Panini autograph (had it in my hands at a prior show, forgot to go back to purchase and never thought I'd see one again).
• Raider of the Lost Ark vintage set (been on my radar, finally found one in decent shape and price).
• Jay & Silent Bob Reboot box (hit a Harley Quinn Smith auto).
• Paul Bines autograph promo that I'm told there are only 3 in existence!
• Signed GPK/Madballs comic from Jason Crosby.
• Thanks, Troy, for the Arnold Schwarzenegger tin!
• A few other odds and ends.

I want to say I came home with about a dozen promos. Pretty cool to learn Cryptozoic will be putting out a What We Do In The Shadows set.

Nice to see newer manufacturers like Cardsmiths and Historic Autographs there.

Looking forward to the Fall!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Had a great time both days at the Philly Show.... Saw many collectors & friends & dealers that I've missed for 4 or 5 years. I talked their ears off and rejuvenated my interest in cards big time!

Although I forgot my trading binder at home (ugh), I easily filled a 150 count box with promos, vintage cards, and Cryptozoic prize hits. Thanks to everyone that helped me feed my card habit.

Sadly missed out on the sold-out Sat dinner but I did find the best PHILLY CHEESESTEAK sandwich from a hole in the wall pizza place on Fri night. Then Saturday night, the card quartet of Kevin, Frank, Stoni & yours truly hung out at the gi-normous King of Prussia Mall. So not bad at all...

And I came back with lots of promos to trade... looking for new Chicago Show promos, Cosplayer cards, NYCC promos, SW Celebration promos, etc

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Lets hope thats 3 cards, i don't think we could cope with 3 Paul Bines's. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I have 5 extra SNW P2 and Discovery Season 4 P2 promos. Post that you want one here and then email me(from my profile) and I’ll send it to you in a PWE. Stamp is on me. If you’re overseas or in Canada, email me anyway and we’ll work something out.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

I have 5 extra SNW P2 and Discovery Season 4 P2 promos. Post that you want one here. Stamp is on me.

Wavey.....i promise not to stamp on you. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

They sold you a dud there!! There are only 3 "unsigned" in existence.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
OK, the promos are all gone. Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
OK, the promos are all gone. Smile

Thank you, it is very kind of you and much appreciated. Clap