Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    NEW! Non-Sport Card Annex & Collectors Gathering!NOV. 4th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW! Non-Sport Card Annex & Collectors Gathering!NOV. 4th
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Liking the Bettie. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great card but another one to find Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! Thanks Harris for posting the image for me.
This card indeed will be a toughy! limited to ONLY 500 pieces.
This is fort he Bettie Page Private Collection Box 2. The art is by Lord Mesa. Very nice!!! Thanks a million!
Hope to see quite a few card talkers at the show. Bridgeview is centrally located near the south western tip of Chicago, and approx 45 minutes from the Carol Stream location.
Hope everyone has a chance to get one!
Thanks and see you there! Keep an eye on the post as we have another surprise to announce!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'll be there with probably more than I have room for...

I'll bring my P21, which is being given out at the Detroit Fanfare convention this weekend. Didn't have time to make up a card exclusively for this show.

Here's an image, {MODS: if it's not family friendly enough, feel free to delete}

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't this card be considered a business card??? A promo card is supposed to be a card to card to promote a new set of cards. This just advertises a retail business.

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
I'll be there with probably more than I have room for...

I'll bring my P21, which is being given out at the Detroit Fanfare convention this weekend. Didn't have time to make up a card exclusively for this show.

Here's an image, {MODS: if it's not family friendly enough, feel free to delete}

Ed

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Time to make up some Dave Moulder promo cards! Smile

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree over 1/2 the philly cards should not be considered promos. It's ridiculas that there are so many promos being put out for non specific sets. It starting to become a joke. My customers want me to pick them up all the philly promos. I only go after the show promos and the manufacture promos. The rest if I see them I pick them up, but I don't want to go up to another dealer and get his business/promo card to give to my customer. That would be pretty stupid.

In this case a Dealer is showing a picture of a promo to give out his name, phone and website it crosses the line to advertising which is not allowed in this particular forum.

It's time to decide what a promo card really is,

Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Moulder:
Shouldn't this card be considered a business card??? A promo card is supposed to be a card to card to promote a new set of cards. This just advertises a retail business.

By that definition, then none of Philly Show cards made to feature select individuals would be considered promo cards. And none of the cards produced by artists would be considered promo cards.

A promo card does just that...promotes. Those that promo a trading card set are one type of promo card. Cards such as Ed's, the Philly Show, artists, etc promote their individual interests.

Brian Wallos, the president of Bench Warmer, uses a trading card as his business card and it's often considered a promo card.

I don't think there's a need to limit promo cards to only those that promote trading card sets.

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Looks like we've hijacked Paul's thread - sorry Paul!
Dave is right, these are not promos in the strictest sense, but as someone who is collecting the Sci Fi cards, I see them as"the set".
Ed goes through a lot of trouble to get the artwork and have these printed up and distributed. They may not promoe a particular set or a show, but are collectible in their own right.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Perhaps posting the back with all that contact info was what crossed the (forum's no advertising) line?

...And Ed thought the front would get him in trouble with the mod's. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Back on the subject...

Who's coming?
Who's bringing trade stuff?
Who's looking for what?

Please come out and support the show and the dealers who make the trip in for the show.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yeah people, I don't want to stare at Paul and Ed the whole day. Angel

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And Bill, don't forget Bill. It could be a LONG day if nobody is coming...

I'm doomed. When the show gets boring I open boxes. Gets expensive sometimes...

Ed

posted Hide Post
Is there any more info coming out about this show? I only see 2 dealers and 1 artist announced. . .

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it, if it was in my back yard I would drop by -- and I'm sure others are in the same situation. . . a bit more info about the show or at least who is setting up may convince some more folks to drop by. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I'll have to pass on this one. Have a housing meeting on Saturday and depending on how that goes will make future shows a little tougher to get to.

Hope everyone has a great time Wave

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I am going to be there. I am sure that I will not be there until around 9 or so. If anyone has a Walking Dead Season 1 base card #77 I'd like to purchase that. I owe one to Wolfie.

See you there.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone ! As I am getting ready to kick off our current charity program- Dine and Donate at the Lonestar Restaurant in Hodgkins, IL.,(Please see Rumors and News Section on the board for more complete details) I have already packed for the NonSport Card Annex Show being held tomorrow.
As I have been expressing when first solicited for this particular show, It will be a small, cozy event held in the Annex of the Bridgview Community Center, same location where Toycon is celebrating its 20th Anniversary!
The list of exhibitors are as follows:

Sci-Fi Cards
Looky Here
Dave Hartmann
Lou B.
Lawrence Kennedy
Larry Rivkin
Iggy
Bryan S.
Artist:
Connie Persampieri
Charity:
Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation

Please make sure that you come out to this event if you can, as we would like to do this every November.
There are two promo cards that are very limited and will be given away at the show.
There will be some raffles and of course, we will be accepting new toy and trading card product donations to benefit the Foundation.
We also started to accept card singles once again, so, please if you have any extras, bring them along.

To recap, there is a separate meeting room located next to the Annex, which we are allowed to use in the morning for a card trading session. So please help make this successful as well, come on out, join us for a great day at the show!
The show is only approx 10 minutes from I -55 expressway! It is NOT far from Chicago and is easy to get to, even if you are unfamiliar with the area.
Thanks again and hope to see most of you there!
Take care,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Getting ready to leave soon to set up the show. Thank you all in advance for your help, support and participation. Hope to see many card talkers there.
Take care and see you in a few short hours!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We are sorry to hear,Kevin, hope all is well now. Take care and have a good Holiday season.
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kevin,
I do have some promos left, please email me, cecexpo@gmail.com

Thanks Paul