Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    NEW! Non-Sport Card Annex & Collectors Gathering!NOV. 4th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW! Non-Sport Card Annex & Collectors Gathering!NOV. 4th
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello All!
I know it has been awhile since my last post, but I have been very busy with various fundraisers and a new venture in partnership with Toy Con ToyShows. As some of you know, we have hosted 2 previous shows that were in conjunction with ToyCon which were very successful, and we have the opportunity to do it again. This time, we will be at the ToyCon home base in Bridgeview.

See information below :

The CECE in conjunction with ToyCon ToyShows (Happy 20th Anniversary, Toy Con!) Present the [B]Non-Sport Card Annex & Collectors Gathering!

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER. 4th, 2012 Oremus Community Center 7900 S. Oketo Ave., Bridgeview, IL. (Just South of 79th St., 1 light West of Harlem Ave. 5 mins. From I-55 expressway!)

8:00am Early Bird $ 6.00/person
8:30am to 2pm General Admission $ 4.00/person.

2 Shows-1 low Admission! Join us for the NonSport Card Trading Session 8am to 11am.

Artists to be announced!

Contact Paul for the Non-Sport Annex at cecexpo@gmail.com. www.1cece.com Contact Terry for the ToyShow @ 708-363-3612. ToyConToyshow.com.

Accepting Card & New Toy donations for the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation at the Annex!

The Nonsport Card will be in the Annex of the Oremus Center, just adjacent to the toyshow. This will be a smaller gathering of 12 tables of exhibitors and artists.
We are almost sold out on tables, just from a preliminary email I had sent out. So, it is nice to know that you all will support this venture as we strive on to continue our service work for the Treasure Chest Foundation.
We will be hosting a Collectors Gathering in a conference room right within a few footsteps of the Annex! So get out your trading materials and get ready for a great session!

For those of you who are not familiar with ToyCon ToyShows, 2012 marks their 20th Anniversary. The show hosts 70 tables of really neat items, movie, TV, Sci Fi, Classic, modern age, and a whole lot more! You will have a great time!

Now accepting dealer and artist applications, please post or email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com.

For those wishing to purchase a Treasure Chest of Art collection or singles, I will make these available at the show as well.

Thanks for all of your support! Take care and see you all there!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a great time and it all goes well for you. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie! So far, it has been very well received. Take care,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great to see you back again, Paul. Best of luck with the the Non-Sport Card Annex. I'm sure it'll be great.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris! So far, the show has a warm reception. I really appreciate that.
Looking forward to all the card talkers at the gathering for trades, etc. We have set aside a separate room for the activities just for this purpose! And BIG COMFY chairs! Gotta love it.
Thanks and take care,
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I am putting this on my calendar as we speak. Looking forward to putting faces with names.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Artist Announcement coming soon!!!!Keep your eyes peeled! Thanks Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcoming our first Artist announcement for the show- Please show a warm welcome for Connie Persampieri ! She will be bringing some great artwork to the show for sale.For those of you who know her art, I know this is an exciting opportunity to pick up a or some pieces that you previously had not. For those who are not familiar with her work, please check it out on the web. I have a link through my site as well.
You will fall in love with her style and her creations.
If there is a special piece you wish Connie to bring, please contact her in advance of the show, or if you have a commission she could work on, just drop a line.Connie is one of the top artists and is very easy to do business with. Glad to have you return to be with us, thanks Connie! See you soon.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! Just a reminder, as our past shows have been run, we will be accepting unopened card boxes and sets as well as sealed toys for donations to the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. www.treasurechest.org.
They help almost 8000 children and teens with cancer every month. In the past 11 years of running the CECE, we were fortunate and blessed enough to raise a good amount of cash, plus approx a truckload of toys and card product for them.I hope to continue the tradition at the Annex and beyond.
Thanks again for all of your help and support.They need us and I will always be there.
Take care, enjoy a safe Holiday weekend! See you at the show!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Please sign up for our free newsletter, if you already have not. Check our site at www.chicagolandexpo.com, the sign up is on the left side bar approx 1/4 page down from the top off the home page.
Make sure you get all the up to date news regarding shows and projects that we are involved in.
Thanks Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There will be a surprise or two coming soon! Please keep your eyes peeled.
Thanks Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
could accommodate one to two more dealers- please reserve table with me soon.

Thanks Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
See everyone in Carol Stream this weekend!
I will be accepting card and new toy donations there as well, for the Treasure Chest Foundation.
Thanks and have a great night!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, as you may have read by now, the toy collection was successful at the CS show.
I hope to make the Annex as successful!
Please keep an eye on this post, I will be posting information on the promo cards we will be offering at the Annex soon.
As some of you know, Snoopy had to go in for knee surgery yesterday and should be coming home tomorrow if all goes well. Then the 6 week recovery period starts!
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a speedy and healthy recovery.
I will try to post the images this coming weekend.
Thanks again and hope to see you all there!
Paul

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
If nothing comes up, I'll be there.....

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! Dealers tables are now SOLD OUT!
Thank you for your support!
I have one more artist table to fill- please respond if you are interested, I am sure this one will go quickly!
Thanks and take care!
Paul

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
OK, who's coming to this one?

Come on, I'm making the trip so I hope to see some familiar faces.

Paul's made arrangements for a trading space, let's show him we appreciate the effort. And, ask anyone, there's always trades to be made at my tables.

I'll have goodies from Philly with me! Bouncey

I might even bring my Brag Book of Crystal sketches. Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be posting one of the promo cards later tonight- keep your eyes peeled!
Thanks Paul

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
But, If I peel my eyes, it makes it much harder to see.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Paul asked me to post the image below...the BP27-TOY promo card front. Looks great.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post