Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Spring 2016 Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 29 & 30
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring 2016 Chicago Non-Sport Card Show April 29 & 30
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Spring 2016 Chicago Non-Sport Card Show!

April 29th and 30th

Holiday Inn and Suites Carol Stream
150 South Gary Ave
Carol Stream IL

Friday April 29th: 3-7
Saturday April 20th: 9-3

FREE ADMISSION

FREE PROMO CARDS

See sketch card artist Jeff Abar!
Find new treasures from cards both old and new.

Several new dealers, and some familiar faces too.

So, start the discussion...

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I am planning on attending. Don't know about Friday as I hope to be in a new job by then and won't know if I can get out of work early.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
I am planning on attending. Don't know about Friday as I hope to be in a new job by then and won't know if I can get out of work early.

If that's the reason, I'll accept it. New Job=Good Thing.

Of course, you could always swing by for dinner. I'm sure we'll do something on Friday. I have to eat somewhere, why not with friends?

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It is with deep regret that I have to announce that one of our core vendors, Bill "Lookey Here" will not be able to set up at the show due to timing with a needed procedure. We wish Bill Godspeed, and hope that he is well enough to at least stop by and say Hi. Wave

We will be doing a Special Metal Card to support Bill and his family during this difficult time when he has been off work. More details when I have them.

Ed

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Too bad Bill can't set up, hope he can stop by. He is definitely one of the nicest people there, and always has good deals on his table.

Glad you are supporting Bill with the metal card, I'll be sure to pick one up.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Bill can't set up. I can work the door on Saturday. Hoping Barb will be there as well. I may be able to come Friday after work if I am needed. Just let me know. See you all there....

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
We have several dealers that are new or have not been to the show in some time. Showcase on one of the new guys:

quote:
The "Rockstone Rick" Collection
Alex and Ricardo bring a new collection to the show for the first time. Come early to be one of the first to see what they are going to have.

Get those want lists ready, and maybe take off early on Friday. Metal

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Hotel Room Special Rate

A Friendly Reminder that the discount room rates for show attendees ends April 15th. The Rates Are:

Special Room Rates
Standard Room: $80.00
King Feature: $90.00
King 2 Room Suite: $100.00

Use the special group code CNS when booking by phone or online.

Remember the hotel also has FREE PARKING for guests and attendees!

There is a restaurant on site, so you never really HAVE to leave the hotel.

Speaking of restaurant...

Anyone up for dinner on Friday Night? Normal thing, everyone covers their own check. Order from the menu, the bar, or there is a Friday night special most times.

7:30ish... As soon as I can get the room cleared and locked up.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Bill not being able to set up. I always enjoy stopping by his table to chat and always find a good deal.

Thanks for giving us a chance to support Bill with the metal card, I will be purchasing one.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Another new dealer profile!

quote:
Scott Castleman
Original star wars cards in very nice condition. Original star wars figurines, some sets and singles from the 70's and 80's, extensive collection of famous monster magazines, monster initials, considerable original wacky pack cards, some graded non sports, monster flip books, and much much more.

Another reason to be one of the first in on Friday. Sounds like an interesting table! Metal

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First Door Prizes Announcement

Like always, we will have door prize drawings at 6:30 PM Friday and 2:30 PM on Saturday.

First Items to announce are creepy, but many also consider them cool

Friday we will have a set of Serial Killers Series 1 Cards. These reprint the original 75 card set.

Saturday we will have a 90 Card Set of the All-New Series 2

These were donated by the fine folks at the SK Group, who are producing the cards.

More details on more door prizes coming soon...

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Expect to be at the dinner Friday.

Bringing 100's of newly acquired VINTAGE singles, and very near and complete sets.

Please check out my posts on the Modern and older Trading pages. Bring your extra vintage singles. Always open for trades.

See you there. Metal

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Will be doing some decals again if anyone would like something special, let me know. I know Doctor Who was popular last time. Perhaps some Captain America......

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be attending dinner as well. The kiddos will be tagging along as well. Unfortunately we will need to leave earlier than usual on Saturday so I can attend my Excel class from 1-5.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First Manufacturer Promo...

From RRParks Cards...

3 Stooges Series 5 promo #3

1 per person per day in the admission packages.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I will also be at the dinner on Friday.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'll be at the dinner as well. Probably get my old standby - the Farmburger with a fried egg on it.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Great promo, Ed. Thumb Up

Yes, FARMburger, sunnyside-up egg, and homemade potato chips!!! Drool
Thanks, Don.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Chicago Show P12, art by guest Jeff Abar

Like normal, available in the admission pack. 1 per person, per day.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Chicago Show P12, art by guest Jeff Abar

Like normal, available in the admission pack. 1 per person, per day.

Ed

Love this promo

Jewel Big Grin