Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Diana Rigg does UK show. OMG!!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diana Rigg does UK show. OMG!!!!
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I told my 8 year old son that David Tenant was going to be there so he decides he'd rather have a picture with him rather than Arthur Darvill (sorry Rory!!) £35 instead of £15!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi All, a few people have emailed me about the recent announcements on the Showmasters website so I've copied their announcement for all to see, and no I'm not the same Jason who's organising this really cool event!!!

"Great news for all card collectors

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Avengers and that we have Diana Rigg attending the show we have joined up with Unstoppable Cards to bring you a free Exclusive Avengers card each day of the show

on Saturday we will have a free Emma Peel card for the first 2000 attendees

and then on Sunday we will have a John Steed card for the first 2000 attendees

they will be given to each person buying a ticket to the show and will be give out on a first come first sever basis

these cards will only be available at this show and once give out thats it .

Other rare cards to collect on the days of the show

On the Saturday we will have a very limited edition Avengers Emma Peel card with a space to get the card signed this card also will only be available at this show on the Saturday only

this card is going to be for sale on the organisers both it will be limited to 600 only world wide each card will be for sale for £10 unsigned , these cards will be rare as what ever is not sold on the day will be destroyed

and remember getting this card signed at the show will increase this card rarity immensely and if you do get your card signed do go back to the organisers both and we will be embossing the cards with the Showmasters logo proving the cards were signed at the show also making it really rare

one last thing for the die hard card collectors

we have also made some very limited edition dealers cards for this year as well each dealer will receive a dealers Exclusive Avengers card for each table they have booked at this show there are going to be 2 different designs and they are also very limited, the only way to get these cards is if you are a trader at the show, so if you want one you will have to find a dealer that will sell you there card, this is a thank you from us to the dealers that support us at the shows and it will give them something that they can sell on.

these limited edition dealers cards will be limited to only 200 so keep an eye out for these cards too

i hope you like the free cards that we are giving away and also the Emma Peel card we are selling we know there are lots of card collectors out there and we wanted to start to look after you in some way, this is the first of what we think will be a on going activity were we have cool cards for you to collect at our events

as soon as we have proof card to show you we will post them up on here for you to see

jason"

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
First Class Promotion Jason!

It's good to see that you recognize that the best way to promote a set is by getting cards into the hands of people that can become collectors.

Sometimes the industry is guilty of promoting to those already committed to purchase the product.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Half of me is saying this is fantastic. Clap

The other half is throwing things at the wall as i will not be there. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This is taking place right now and i'm not there. Mad Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
And Diana Rigg was lovely Big Grin This was a great event, met lots of talented artists and a few card dealers so may indulge in a couple of boxes of cards tomorrow. Unfortunately Alex Kingston cancelled but my son got to meet quite a few of the other actors from Dr Who.

posted Hide Post
And I was stuck in UCLH and had to leave London at 3.48pm not even getting there bah!

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:

Unfortunately Alex Kingston cancelled

Nooooooooo, that happened to me once, years ago, went all the way down to that London to see Linda Blair out at Docklands and when i got there she had cancelled, lesson learnt.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
BIG disappointment that Alex Kingston cancelled - was seriously thinking of going Sunday but now!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Met David Tennant today!!! Also met Paul Hart, Raj, and a couple of other dealers. Got lucky on a box of Vampirella with a lovely sketch by Sean Pence and pulled the JLH/David Conrad dual from a Breygent SDCC pack.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason Wright:

Met David Tennant today!!! Bouncey Clap

Also met Paul Hart. well you can't have everything can you. Big Grin

QUOTE]

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
at least Mr Hart turns up at a lot more shows than Matt smith

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see signed autograph cards of Diana Rigg are starting to appear on the bay. Supposedly unsigned Promos that look like official autograph cards which Ms Rigg signed at the show. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I see signed autograph cards of Diana Rigg are starting to appear on the bay. Supposedly unsigned Promos that look like official autograph cards which Ms Rigg signed at the show. Roll Eyes

The card that is up at the moment is genuine. The show organisers would only emboss signed cards (which this is). This was the card that was sold for £10. The auto was considerably more.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Wish I lived in the UK. These are the kind of people I would love to get autographs of. They very rarely pop-up in the US (usually in Chicago when they do Frown)

I had such a crush on Diana Rigg watching re-runs of the Avengers back in the 80's. It was such a shame what they did to the franchise with that movie. Just terrible.

Do they ever have entertainment type shows with people signing autographs like this in the Northeast?

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
You'll find her autograph in our Avengers 50th Anniversary set as well as signed sketch cards. We also produced some cards for the EMS show which fans were able to buy and get signed by Diana Rigg, we stated they were unsigned on the reverse to prevent any forgeries but Showmasters stamped them for authentication.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Wish I lived in the UK. These are the kind of people I would love to get autographs of. They very rarely pop-up in the US (usually in Chicago when they do Frown)

I had such a crush on Diana Rigg watching re-runs of the Avengers back in the 80's. It was such a shame what they did to the franchise with that movie. Just terrible.

Do they ever have entertainment type shows with people signing autographs like this in the Northeast?

Chiller Theatre in North NJ (happening this weekend) usually has a really good guest lineup, but I haven't been there in years. It's very expensive and usually pretty disorganized.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
We also produced some cards for the EMS show which fans were able to buy and get signed by Diana Rigg, we stated they were unsigned on the reverse to prevent any forgeries but Showmasters stamped them for authentication.

no more comments on from treksearcher? Roll Eyes Thanks Jason for clearing it up again!

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by red99:
quote:

quote:
We also produced some cards for the EMS show which fans were able to buy and get signed by Diana Rigg, we stated they were unsigned on the reverse to prevent any forgeries but Showmasters stamped them for authentication.

no more comments on from treksearcher? Roll Eyes Thanks Jason for clearing it up again!

"I DID NOT REALISE RED99 WAS A MODERATOR"

I or the Moderators will decide when I stop posing valid questions on this site.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi All, a few people have emailed me about the recent announcements on the Showmasters website so I've copied their announcement for all to see, and no I'm not the same Jason who's organising this really cool event!!!

"Great news for all card collectors

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Avengers and that we have Diana Rigg attending the show we have joined up with Unstoppable Cards to bring you a free Exclusive Avengers card each day of the show

on Saturday we will have a free Emma Peel card for the first 2000 attendees

and then on Sunday we will have a John Steed card for the first 2000 attendees

they will be given to each person buying a ticket to the show and will be give out on a first come first sever basis

these cards will only be available at this show and once give out thats it .

Other rare cards to collect on the days of the show

On the Saturday we will have a very limited edition Avengers Emma Peel card with a space to get the card signed this card also will only be available at this show on the Saturday only

this card is going to be for sale on the organisers both it will be limited to 600 only world wide each card will be for sale for £10 unsigned , these cards will be rare as what ever is not sold on the day will be destroyed

and remember getting this card signed at the show will increase this card rarity immensely and if you do get your card signed do go back to the organisers both and we will be embossing the cards with the Showmasters logo proving the cards were signed at the show also making it really rare

one last thing for the die hard card collectors

we have also made some very limited edition dealers cards for this year as well each dealer will receive a dealers Exclusive Avengers card for each table they have booked at this show there are going to be 2 different designs and they are also very limited, the only way to get these cards is if you are a trader at the show, so if you want one you will have to find a dealer that will sell you there card, this is a thank you from us to the dealers that support us at the shows and it will give them something that they can sell on.

these limited edition dealers cards will be limited to only 200 so keep an eye out for these cards too

i hope you like the free cards that we are giving away and also the Emma Peel card we are selling we know there are lots of card collectors out there and we wanted to start to look after you in some way, this is the first of what we think will be a on going activity were we have cool cards for you to collect at our events

as soon as we have proof card to show you we will post them up on here for you to see

jason"

Its not a valid question. This was posted earlier in the thread that card was being released. Instead you use words like supposed and roll eyes

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post