Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Comic-Con Coverage on the Blog
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic-Con Coverage on the Blog
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We're happy to report that Card Talk member, and now guest-blogger, Batman will be blogging show reports from Comic-Con International on NSU's new blog: nsu-magazine.com. Look for reports geared to the trading card collector. Bob will also post pictures from the show. His first report should be up tomorrow night.

SideKick's Larz has also posted that he'll be blogging from Comic-Con via Twitter and the SideKick site. Look for reports on Twitter at @sidekicklab and photos at sidekicklab.com.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Holy Editorials. Eek

Great stuff, look forward to those. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Beware the blog! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I just posted a story about a new set that will be launched tomorrow night at Comic-Con by Studio E. It's an art-based set with the work of Mike Sosnowski. You'll find more information here:

Studio E’s Mike Sosnowski Card Series to Premier at Comic-Con

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman's preliminary night report from Comic-Con is up now:

Comic Con 2011 Preliminary Report

Whoops....I didn't get the link correct when this was originally posted a bit ago. It's corrected now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beware the blog!

Or how about "Papa's got a brand new blog!" Big Grin

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Batman's preliminary night report from Comic-Con is up now:

Just Read it Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
By my reckoning, our roving blogger should be in line for his passes for next year Thumb Up

It'd be interesting if Bob could find out if the purchase of two passes has to be in two names.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Bob's report from Preview Night is now up on the blog:

Comic-Con Preview Night 2011

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Bob's report from the first full day of Comic-Con International is up on the blog now. Bob has detailed his journey to find a complete set of the nine Rittenhouse Archives' Marvel Universe 2011 promos and to obtain a Walking Dead promo card without a Twitter account. Red Face

Comic-Con International Report Day One

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
The P5 at the Marvel booth is live. Surprisingly (sarcasm here) LOTS of dealers this year had trouble getting the Marvel promos and are requiring purchases to aquire 1 of them. They were either very shortly printed or someone dropped a ball on getting them sent out right. Day 1 I managed 5 of the 9 but I'm not hopeful of making extra sets for friends like I had hoped. Hope everyone is having a safe and fun hunt!

Also found a Crossed promo #'d 5 at the Avatar booth, the CBLDF promo and some cool business cards/promo type cards as well!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Jake. I hope people can find the promo at the Marvel booth now.

Bob sent me a couple of shots of the All-Ghoul School and Speed Racer cards:

More Promo Cards from Comic-Con International

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Bob's report from Preview Night is now up on the blog:

Comic-Con Preview Night 2011

Those promos look awesome! I'd love to get ahold of any Vampirella or Twilight: Breaking Dawn promos. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman's Friday report is now up (see link below). Bob just keep hunting for those promos.... Big Grin

Comic Con International Friday Report/

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman's Saturday report is on the blog now

Comic-Con International Saturday Report

Batman's final installment will not be online until either late tomorrow or Tuesday due to travel. Apparently, the Batplane is being serviced so Batman has to go coach.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great Reports Batman Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to Batty Bob and Harris for their Comic Con reports & efforts!

Since I couldn't get Con tix this year (only missed twice since 2004), the blog & CardTalk were fun to read & keep up with the latest... Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Many thanks to Batty Bob and Harris for their Comic Con reports & efforts!

Since I couldn't get Con tix this year (only missed twice since 2004), the blog & CardTalk were fun to read & keep up with the latest... Thumb Up

Don't forget....there should be one more Comic-Con post from Batty Bob either later tonight or tomorrow.

Glad you liked 'em Batty Bill. Big Grin

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It's coming, I'm still a bit groggy from my red-eye flight, but it went well. I found some new promos which I will provide pictures. It was fun, but I'm happy to be home! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Batman's final report from Comic-Con International is now up on the blog:

Comic-Con International Final Day and Wrap-Up!

I want to thank Bob very much for doing these reports for us. We were very fortunate to have him doing these for us. I'm sure it must have been pretty time-consuming on top of everything else going on in San Diego.