Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    2015 SDCC Card Talk Gathering
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 SDCC Card Talk Gathering
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Scrappy-D
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, I'm a fairly new member on this forum but I would just like to say that I'm in as well.

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scrappy-D:
Hi everyone, I'm a fairly new member on this forum but I would just like to say that I'm in as well.

Very cool! Will be great meeting new card buds......

Getting kinda excited for next week!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To anyone attending the dinner, the time is at 7:30 or 8 if you're running late! Wink

Excited about who've rsvp'd ( ok making up words now).

If you're into trading cards please join us at the Harbor House.

NL

quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
The 2015 San Diego Comic Con is just around the corner (July 9 - 12) and so with that in mind a Card Talk Gathering will be happening.

Reservations have been made at the same venue as last year, the Harbor House for Saturday July 11 at 7:30pm.

We invite all Card Talk members (and their guests) attending SDCC to come to the gathering. Space will be limited and there is no cost to sign up

All those who are interested in attending should contact either myself (Jerry) or Card Talk member NL (Natalie)to let us know if you are attending. Reservations have been made for 20 so please let us know as soon as possible if you want to attend.
We had a good turn out last year and it was really fun with some nice surprises thrown in.

So what do you say? Come and meet other Card Talk members and share your findings of Comic Con.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to popular demand the gathering is now FRIDAY NIGHT, JULY 10! Same Bat-time...Same Bat-channel

Come one come all! Come say hi to fellow card collectors!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been to the Card Talk breakfasts, and the Red Robin gatherings but I have to say the 2015 SDCC Card Talk dinner topped them all. We had a great fireworks show! So... time to step up the game in Allentown. Smile

Thanks to NL and Penndragon for organizing this and for everyone who brought or provided the SWAG that was given out. It was great to relax and catch up with people and to put faces with some of the Card Talkers I hadn't met before. This definitely a great way to end the day.

I know that others were taking photos, here are a few I took.

Julie was busy handing out the double-sided metal card that she and Jacob created for the event.

Artist Robert Arajon came over for the event too!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Could you feel the presence of the wolfie spirit, it was there floating amongst you bringing good cheer to all. Wavey Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Fantastic - Glad you all had a great time

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
It looks like a large group from the size of the table. Good job by NL.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will post something later here and under 2015 SDCC promos. Am exhausted but thanks for the kind posts.

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Same here. Got some photos and will post soon.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had an awesome time (as usual) at the dinner; a fantastic way to relax and wind down after a long day at the show. Was great to finally meet some folks in person: Laura, Ed, Marco, ScrappyD... Nice to see Jake and Julie again, too - thanks so much for all of the beautiful metal goodness!! Smile

Of course, the highlight of the evening (for me) was the surprise visit by Rob Aragon (secretly orchestrated by Nat and Jerry - you guys!! Wink) Kind of funny that mine was the first binder that he'd seen produced for his set! Which, by the way, was well worth the money. If you've even considered picking up one of these, I would def. contact Mark to see if there are any left.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scrappy-D:

Didn't see your email addy in your profile. Ping me about the Grimm SDCC trade...

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Natalie deserves a huge round of applause for organizing this and all the events for the San Diego collectors!

Looks like a lot of fun and I wish that I could have been there!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the kind posts.

We missed you David but I have stuff for you from the show.

Still exhausted but wanted to thank everyone who made it to the SDCC Cardtalkers Dinner. I was worried about the dinner being card light, boy was I wrong.

Everything was awesome! Elephant

A special shout out to
Jacob and Julie Stem graciously made memorable double sided metal cards for everyone who attended. 
Laura Inglis for sharing some of her promo cards. 
Ed Webb for sharing packs of Chicago cards.
Debi for sharing finds from the floor.
Harbor House for fantastic seating and letting us stay when you were closed!

We had some special guests as well. Gary Kezele joined us (so glad you came Gary!) and Mr. Robert Aragon (whoo hoo) who we kept on the downlow as a surprise to Ms. Debi C.

Also, thanks to my partner in crime - Jerry who motivated me to get it done and also donated cards for prizes or giveaways.  Thanks Jerry!

Each person got a bag with a pack of Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy XD cards and a Faerie Metal SDCC Dinner card.

We handed out some prizes as well ranging from Marvel sketch cards, Perna preview promo card packs to True Blood, Game of Thrones, Hunger games or American Odyssey swag.

We knew it was a special event when fireworks suddenly started and we had the best seats in the house as we sat near floor to ceiling bay windows.  I have to give the credit to Marco for the fireworks.  He told me so so I'm taking his word for it.  Can't wait to see how he tops this next year....

There was a mix of old and new faces and we are hoping that more will show up to be a part of the fun in future years. Planning for the 2016 dinner is already underway. 

Thanks to all who came to the dinner as it was you who made it special. Forgive me if I left anyone out.

NL

PS And yes Sir Furry Paws, your name did come up and the spirit of Wolfie was definitely there as we all had a "howling good time". LOL

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

PS And yes Sir Furry Paws, your name did come up and the spirit of Wolfie was definitely there as we all had a "howling good time". LOL

Ha Ha, great to hear, glad you all had a good time. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making the CT get-together a memory worth keeping. It was good to see and meet everyone.
Thanks for all the great cards and special thanks to Natalie for being the swell organizer that she is.
Sincerely, Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ace.

Have posted extras to give away under SDCC 2015 promos????