Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    MCM Birmingham ComicCon. November 21st & 22nd 2015
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCM Birmingham ComicCon. November 21st & 22nd 2015
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reports! Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you all had a great time! One more show to aspire visiting.

Did Wolfie send me a care package of those lovely scones with some of that delish clotted cream?!!

You owe me Sir Furry Paws!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It was an interesting show, certainly more people in costume than there were 5 years ago. Had a couple of stints helping Harris , picked up a box of thunderbird's and Arrow (shame Dr Who wasn't out). Dealers seemed busy but were spread out around the Hall so took time to find them and to get back to them! Becoming more comic con/manga and less collectables show but still a good weekend. It's a shame we don't have the facilities for even an informal card talk meeting but that will likely never happen .

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Did Wolfie send me a care package of those lovely scones with some of that delish clotted cream?!!

I knew this package was supposed to go somewhere, i'm sitting here with a guilty expression on my face and cream all over my paws. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I had a lovely weekend at the Manga, sorry, the Memorabilia comic con show. Big Grin

It was great to meet up with everyone Wavey

Big thanks must go to the card dealers who set up at the show, the expense of doing so is getting scary. Eek

Cult - Stuff continue to fly the flag at the UK shows and a big thanks must go to Liza & Jason for doing so, it is very much appreciated by all. Clap

Thanks to Harris & NSU for once again coming over to the show and going to the trouble of producing a special issue, once again very much appreciated by the UK collectors. Clap

Also a big thank you to Paul & Dawn at Umbrella Trading Cards, sorry you had to leave, hope you have got your roof fixed now. Eek

I met the lovely artist Carolyn Edwards and got to look after her stall whilst she went off to get lunch. Spare a thought for all those people who went away with signed Carolyn art only to find out when they got home that it said wolfie was here. Big Grin If you don't have any Carolyn art i suggest you get some, she really is superb, in fact i can only think of one person who's art is better but modesty prevents me from saying who it is. Razz

Thanks to Rachel at Dustra for providing promos to hand out to everyone, very much appreciated and i was only too glad to do so, the next show is in March so if any manufacturer would like to do something for that please feel free to contact me, allways willing to help out.

Only the toy fair at Christmas to go now and 2015 will be consigned to history but fear not dear collector because 2016 is just around the corner and 2016 is the year you make your best finds ever, but you will have to get there before me. Big Grin Elephant Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice how popular the Liv Tyler autograph was? Curious as how successful that was will probably decide whether the show gets any big stars in the future or whether they all stay in London.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I met the lovely artist Carolyn Edwards and got to look after her stall whilst she went off to get lunch. Spare a thought for all those people who went away with signed Carolyn art only to find out when they got home that it said wolfie was here. Big Grin If you don't have any Carolyn art i suggest you get some, she really is superb, in fact i can only think of one person who's art is better but modesty prevents me from saying who it is. Razz

Love Carolyn's art and own a number of her pieces. Her style is beautiful. Luv You

Wolfie, if I look at my sketch cards tonight and find your paw prints on them... Twak Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post