Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    MCM Birmingham ComicCon. November 21st & 22nd 2015
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCM Birmingham ComicCon. November 21st & 22nd 2015
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted
The first guests have been announced. The biggest so far is Lee Majors.

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/bir...ions/special-guests/

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Quite pleased to see Simon Fisher-Becker there!
Au Res.,
Paul (still trying to work out the trains and hotels for the weekend!)

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Apart from Lee Majors and Virginia Hey, it's a poor showing for the 'big' stars Shake Head

Thanks to the 18 year upgrade of the District Line, I've got to leave home at 5.00am to get to Birmingham by 9.00am Frown

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
We will be waiting to give you big hugs Graham! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Virginia Hey will be in Liverpool on the 21st at Mersey ComicCon.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
i'm booked! I'll be at the show Sunday (assuming I don't get waylaid on the way up Saturday!)
Au Res.,
Paul
p.s. I'll be bringing along some of the Starbucks Doctor Who Comic cards if anyone wants one, see me at the show!

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We will be there again, like usual. I'm at stall L 9. We will have a special Hobbit variant issue especially for the show (more details to follow shortly or see our special MCM Birmingham Comic Con emailer) and I'll have subscription/renewal specials, back issues, etc. Really looking forward to the show as always!!!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
See you there Harris Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
See you there Harris Thumb Up .

Cool! See you there. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I can't make it this year despite still being in the UK Frown Have fun everyone

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Announced a few more guests. Ian McElhinney, Eugene Simon. and Ian Beattie from Game of Thrones as well as Dina Meyer, Victoria Smurfit, and Merrin Dungey .

Also noticed that the website now has a bar graph for how many tickets have been sold and 98% of the Saturday early entry tickets are gone Eek .

Not sure why this would be, I don't see any must see guests or attractions (other than the famous double act of Wolfie and Harris Big Grin ) . Maybe they have heeded past complaints about overcrowding and cut the number of tickets available.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We will be there again, like usual. I'm at stall L 9. We will have a special Hobbit variant issue especially for the show (more details to follow shortly or see our special MCM Birmingham Comic Con emailer) and I'll have subscription/renewal specials, back issues, etc. Really looking forward to the show as always!!!

Hooray - Ill be there Harris - early Bird - looking forward to it. Just two weeks away now.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Hooray - Ill be there Harris - early Bird - looking forward to it. Just two weeks away now.

Cool. It will be great to see you again, Steve!

quote:
Not sure why this would be, I don't see any must see guests or attractions (other than the famous double act of Wolfie and Harris Big Grin ) .

I'm sure you are right. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Missed the last couple of shows, but I've booked the weekend off so I'll be there on the Sunday.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also noticed that the website now has a bar graph for how many tickets have been sold and 98% of the Saturday early entry tickets are gone Eek .

Not sure why this would be, I don't see any must see guests or attractions (other than the famous double act of Wolfie and Harris Big Grin ) . Maybe they have heeded past complaints about overcrowding and cut the number of tickets available.

I am sure it is the cosplayers - This show (and memorabilia as a whole) is going more this way.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

I am sure it is the cosplayers - This show (and memorabilia as a whole) is going more this way.

Sold out for early entry on Saturday now. Hope they make some kind of announcement regarding this as there are usually a lot of walk ups on the day that are not going to be happy otherwise.

Wonder how the increase in cosplayers is affecting business for stallholders. Can't think it's good news for card and memorabilia dealers.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I don't like cosplayers clogging up the aisles it hurts the dealers as people can't get to their tables and it clogs the aisles making it tough on people who are there to see what the dealers have they should be restricted to a certain area to solve this problem. Always been a complaint of mine. No issue with the cosplayers they are fun to see but they should not affect the shows as they do.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
A number of new guests listed including:

Jemima Rooper (Sat only)
Andrew Lee Potts (Sat and Sun)
Fintan McKeown (Sat and Sun)

I have a favour to ask could someone who's going the Saturday get me Jemima Roopers autograph as I won't be there on the Saturday. I can paypal the money before the show.

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Liv Tyler has just been announced for Sunday only.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Interesting they've just announced Liv Tyler for Sunday only when the Saturday early-bird has sold out and Sunday ticket sales are lagging Roll Eyes

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post