Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World Chicago 2013
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World Chicago 2013
 Login/Join

Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Thanks for the pictures perhaps next year I will make it. Would have loved to see N. Reedus.

Unless you were willing to spend the $$$ for a VIP you had a snowballs chance of meeting him. They sold over 500 VIP tickets for him alone and his line was capped on sat with just VIP's.

I waited in line for Summer Glau, the GA one and waited from 10am till noon before we moved. I was second in that line and finally scored at 3pm. I was only 1 of 3 people in the GA line that got her before her 2 hour break. The VIPs kept bumping us back. I'm sorry, but no one is worth that kind of money, so I waited. Needless to say there were alot of very mad people in that line.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eng621:
The VIPs kept bumping us back. I'm sorry, but no one is worth that kind of money, so I waited.

The question for me is never if the person in line is worth that much money. . . the question for me is if my time worth as much money as I'd save with the ticket. . .

I do have the Machete and Steam Wars promos. . . I'll be looking to part ways with at least one set of them (I only have 2 sets, and none of the rare promo -- if it exists. . . ). . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Webjon,

The Machete P3, Steam Wars P3 AND the Romper Zombie P3 have finally appeared "you know where", and I have placed a bid. Have not seen the Machete variant. Is that the "rare promo" that you are referring to ?

I'm also still looking for the Romper Zombie P2 from the NYC show. Some people have it.

All I have are Machete P1 (both versions), P2 (both versions), Steam Wars P1 and P2, and Romper Zombie P1

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Webjon,

The Machete P3, Steam Wars P3 AND the Romper Zombie P3 have finally appeared "you know where", and I have placed a bid. Have not seen the Machete variant. Is that the "rare promo" that you are referring to ?

I'm also still looking for the Romper Zombie P2 from the NYC show. Some people have it.

All I have are Machete P1 (both versions), P2 (both versions), Steam Wars P1 and P2, and Romper Zombie P1

Yes, the Machete variant was the card I was referring to. . . We went to the Geek Room booth on Thursday and no one knew what we were talking about when we asked about the Machete promos. . . On Saturday they knew what we were talking about -- I asked if they were doing a variant, but they had no idea what I was talking about again. . .

I can't find any of those cards . . . what search terms are you using? "Machete P3" (and several variations) don't lead me to any items.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Webjon, if I am outbid on the auction which ends on Sunday, I am very much interested in your extra promo set. Please hold it for me

Search for "Romper Zombie" and do a description search. The auction does not reference any P3s

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheesh no wonder I couldn't find them . . . thanks. . . Good luck. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I won the set on "that auction site." Surprised that no one bid against me.

Still no sign of the Machete P3 variant. Nor can I find anyone willing to part with the Romper Zombie P2 from the NYC show. Frown

posted Hide Post
You stole the lot -- very very good buy. I'm pretty sure the seller could have gotten more for just the comics selling directly to dealers at the show. Nice pick up.

Any idea what the regular P3 should sell for? I have some interest in the card, but I have no clue what to ask.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone come across the Machete P3 variant yet ? I have not....

I finally found the Romper Zombie P2 NYC promo. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Webjon, I finally found the Machete P3 variant. Now I have all 13 promos on Machete, Steam Wars, and Romper Zombie. Smile

posted Hide Post
Nice. . . do you know how the person got the variant? The booth seemed entirely clueless when I was there so I'm super curious to know what you had to do to get one. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was very surprised, myself, that this person had them. He had the Machete P2, P2 variant, P3, P3 variant, Steam Wars P2, P3, and the Romper Zombie P3 and impossible to find P2

I've absolutely no clue as to how he obtained them, but they all look legit to me. The seller specializes in old autographs, not trading cards. Maybe he has some connection with the people who run the Geek Room ? Incidentally, I spoke with the Geek Room rep via Facebook the other day, and she told me that they didn't have any cards left

This seller doesn't have any more of the cards, from what I can tell. Sorry.

Just a side note-- I've never seen the Machete P3 variant or the Romper Zombie P2 on ebay. I've seen all of the others on ebay, at least once.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eng621:
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Thanks for the pictures perhaps next year I will make it. Would have loved to see N. Reedus.

Unless you were willing to spend the $$$ for a VIP you had a snowballs chance of meeting him. They sold over 500 VIP tickets for him alone and his line was capped on sat with just VIP's.

I waited in line for Summer Glau, the GA one and waited from 10am till noon before we moved. I was second in that line and finally scored at 3pm. I was only 1 of 3 people in the GA line that got her before her 2 hour break. The VIPs kept bumping us back. I'm sorry, but no one is worth that kind of money, so I waited. Needless to say there were alot of very mad people in that line.

I think my hubby was in Summer's line with you.....

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dave and Webjon,

I have also seen a Romper Zombie P4 (in addition to the P3) on an auction site. Has the Chicago con logo on it, as well !!

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post