Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World Chicago 2013
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World Chicago 2013
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize tickets were that high -- looks like a great show though. . . and I have noticed a few deals on groupon/living social that bring down the ticket price considerably.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Utterly ridiculous.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
This price is turning me away.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wanted to go and get something signed by Michael Shannon but it would cost me $150 to get there, get in, and get his autograph. No more Wizard shows for me.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Found a good deal on Groupon

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be back again helping my friend. In return I get a few feet of space for display. Will probably only bring card boxes this year.

Our company name is Nationwide Comics or Wizard may have us down as Terry's Comics. Stop by and say hello.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it Derek! I've been updating webjon with card specific info at WW, I'll get this posted up on there.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Derek asked me to let everyone know that he's in booth #1205.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
watch webjon.com tonight for live photos from the convention!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Very cool!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
quote:

Very cool!

Thanks. . . also just added some quick tips for folks going to the convention. . . Fun show, I spent way too much money and didn't even get to see everything I wanted to see. . . Hopefully I can make it back for another day of the con, but it's not likely. . .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
I didn't expect admission to be $10 or $20 per day, but $65 just to walk in the door?

Don't the vendors who set up at the show know that the more money Wizard takes from people in admission fees is less money people have to spend at the show?

I went to the NYC Con last October. Between the one day admission price, getting through the Tunnel and a parking lot, I was down nearly $100 before I got through the door.

The promoters for the bigger shows are going to hold these prices, nothing comes down once it goes up.

Was the show worth it? Yes it was, as an event I had fun. However it costs too much and I won't be doing it again this year, probably not for a few years.

Posts: 10371 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the show today. I stopped at The Geek Room and got the Machete promo cards. Kim Kyle, Brian Kong, and Dan Talley did great sketches for me. Jim also had promo cards for Asylum Studios. I liked the new format which was split floors. Artists and spaces for celebs were on the upper floor, while vendors were on the lower level.

posted Hide Post
Dang it! We stopped by The Geek Room and asked about the promos and got blank stares! Ugh.

As for the price, it is definitely high, however at least for this convention (and I think C2E2 too) you could get very reasonable tickets through groupon/living social, etc.

posted Hide Post
. . . just got done opening the stuff we picked up yesterday . . . I picked up a bunch of Red Sonja boxes from Juniors and hit an Acar sketch and a Katie Cook sketch!

Not sure if we are going to be able to get back to the show -- I'd like to after that luck, but we both are sick now . . . ugh.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . just got done opening the stuff we picked up yesterday . . . I picked up a bunch of Red Sonja boxes from Juniors and hit an Acar sketch and a Katie Cook sketch!

Not sure if we are going to be able to get back to the show -- I'd like to after that luck, but we both are sick now . . . ugh.

Sorry to hear you're sick, I enjoyed the photos and report you posted on your blog.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures perhaps next year I will make it. Would have loved to see N. Reedus.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted more pics today. . . ended up making the trip. . . not as many pics as I would have liked as everyone was having really bad cell issues at the convention. . .

I'll have a few more pics from my camera (rather than my phone) when I post my show report, which will probably be later in the week. . .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any Machete or Steam Wars promos that they'd like to part with ? If so, please post here or email me

mistermycroft@msn.com

I have not seen them anywhere

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post