Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Supermegafest Framingham MA This weekend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supermegafest Framingham MA This weekend
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
It's time for the Annual Supermegefest show in Framingham MA this weekend.

Check out Supermegafest.com for complete details.

Our next show will be taking place at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel.
Call the Sheraton at (508) 879-7200 to book rooms.

Saturday, Nov. 19th: 10:30am - 6:00pm
Sunday, Nov. 20th: 10:30am - 5:00pm

Super Special Guest Patrick Stewart of Star Trek and X-men movies.

Along with
RARE EAST COAST APPEARANCE! – Sean Astin -

Anthony Michael Hall – !

Sam Trammell -

Daniel Logan – young Boba Fett

Ron Ely - First East Coast Appearance!

Lots of other guests.

Check out

Supermegafest.com

Of Couse I will be there with the family if you want to stop by and look at some of the goodies I picked up at Philly Non-sport show this year.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I was here on Sunday with my son, my brother Tom {McCheese8472} and his wife.

Since this was my first Sunday event {I usually only attend the event on Saturday} there was a huge difference in attendance. I'd say by at least 60%. I missed Patrick Stewart, but I was able to walk around freely and not feel like a sardine for once.

It was good to see Dave Moulder and his family there.

Seeing the B list celebs is always cool. The Massachusetts 501st were there and I got a few of their cards, too. And they had a little fund raiser for the Jimmy Fund called "Shoot a Trooper." Where one can shoot a Storm-trooper with a Nerf gun. I gave my son $5 and he shot the heck out of this Tie Pilot guy. Out of 15 shots, 7 were Head Shots, 5 body shots and only 2 misses at about 15 feet. I was LMAO. I guess his BB gun badge from Boy Scouts paid off. Not to mention the hours he plays on Halo, too. LOL

Overall it was an okay day. I'm going to have to reconsider going in the future. $22/adult and $6/kid plus $2 for pre-admission, for a weekend pass, is a little steep just to walk around a show with only 1 or 2 trading card dealers. And of course, if you want autographs...that's extra, too.

But it's only an hour and 15 mins from my house and it's something to do for a few hours on the weekend with my son, which is always nice. Plus he loves the 501st guys and girls.

For those of you that are my friends on Facebook, I'll post a couple of pics tonight.

Peace,
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post