Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia November 2011
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Memorabilia November 2011
 Login/Join
 
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Great stuff Harris, i hope to see you there. Wavey


Hope to see you there too Wolfie. Really looking forward to it.
 
Posts: 12958 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Train tickets booked for Saturday Thumb Up
 
Posts: 12052 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I might try and drive up, should only be around 3 hours if I leave at 6am.
 
Posts: 743 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm aware the calender is clear so am aiming to turn up on the Saturday too. I'll expect the usual train delays, work on the line or diversion to affect the journey. It wouldn't be the same without it!

____________________
Any airsofters out there ?
 
Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Some more guest announcments:

Saturday only:

Isla Blair
John Challis
Sue Holden
Paul Barber
Roger Lloyd Pack
Patrick Murray

Sunday only:

Sarah Sutton
Danny Horn
Adam Sweet
Chester Durant
Jon Davey

____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
 
Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I'm looking forward to the show. I'll be there once again. I'll be working on some surprises for the show like Jason alluded to above.

That's cool to see the Doctor Who guests that will be there.

I'm hoping the Three Musketeers (DaveSB, Quaint1, and Patdata) ride again as well. Elephant


But not the 2 Philly Musketeers of hammer & Graham?
 
Posts: 12052 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Kai Owen has been added to the guest list and will be there Saturday and Sunday.

____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
 
Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I'm looking forward to the show. I'll be there once again. I'll be working on some surprises for the show like Jason alluded to above.

That's cool to see the Doctor Who guests that will be there.

I'm hoping the Three Musketeers (DaveSB, Quaint1, and Patdata) ride again as well. Elephant


But not the 2 Philly Musketeers of hammer & Graham?


Yeah, that'll be OK too, I guess. Smile
 
Posts: 12958 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
That's cool to see the Doctor Who guests that will be there.


Looks like the big event from Memorabilia's POV is the "30th Anniversary for Only Fools And Horses" though Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
That's cool to see the Doctor Who guests that will be there.


Looks like the big event from Memorabilia's POV is the "30th Anniversary for Only Fools And Horses" though Roll Eyes


Yeah, unfortunately, that one is not too high on my list. I wouldn't have ever even heard of the show if it wasn't for coming over to Memorabilia.

Whoops....was that blasphemous? Should I have said that? Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 12958 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It will be a strange 30th anniversary though as none of the main stars of the show will be there.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28742 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It will be a strange 30th anniversary though as none of the main stars of the show will be there.


Its hard to remember the last time a big TV/film star was at Memorabilia period Shake Head .
 
Posts: 2518 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It will be a strange 30th anniversary though as none of the main stars of the show will be there.


Its hard to remember the last time a big TV/film star was at Memorabilia period Shake Head .


It's a shame as there's loads of big names at the Entertainment and Media Show in London next week (aka Collectormania)
 
Posts: 743 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It will be a strange 30th anniversary though as none of the main stars of the show will be there.


Its hard to remember the last time a big TV/film star was at Memorabilia period Shake Head .


It's a shame as there's loads of big names at the Entertainment and Media Show in London next week (aka Collectormania)


Is it because it's not London or that the organisers are ****?
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
David Tennant £45 Auto Eek
 
Posts: 12052 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
£45 is way to much.David Tennant was a no-one before Dr Who.hes got a bloody nerve charging that amount??.makes me so mad that they think they can rip people off like this??.i hope the newspapers get on to this??they will love it?
 
Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
£45 is way to much.David Tennant was a no-one before Dr Who.hes got a bloody nerve charging that amount??.makes me so mad that they think they can rip people off like this??.i hope the newspapers get on to this??they will love it?


What on earth are you talking about? How is it a rip off?

If Showmasters don't charge what they need to cover the cost of getting him to the show then nobody would have the chance to meet Tennant, and how would that be good for anyone?

Yes, maybe he was unknown before Dr. Who, but New Who is massive and he was the star of the show for quite a while. I mean how much do you think it would cost for a David Tennant autograph on an official Dr. Who trading card? I'd bet WAY more than £45! Would that be a rip off?

I noticed in another thread you are after the 6-Million Dollar Man Shatner incentive auto. Are you expecting to pay £35 for that card because thats what he charges for a signature at shows? If you're prepared to pay more than that (and you'd have to to get it) then wouldn't that be more of a rip off? If you get to actually meet a rare signer, can select a photo of your preference and maybe get a personalisation as well, then I'd say that's probably worth less than 50 quid if you're a real fan of the man even if its not as cheap as people would prefer.
 
Posts: 3105 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
£45 is expensive, can't think of anybody recently that has been that much hence my Eek, I wouldn't go as far as a rip-off as you don't have to buy if you don't want to.

It might be a little unfair on those that want it but can't afford it - but that's life.
 
Posts: 12052 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Well they got one Doctor at Memorabilia - Colin Baker!! And a few people who were Daleks or Cybermen turning up on the Sunday, I can't believe people would pay to see them. I think the biggest guests at Memorabilia are Arthur Darvill and Derek Jacobi.

At least they got the likes of Diana Rigg and David Tennant in London even if they are a bit expensive!
 
Posts: 743 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Harris will be there!!
 
Posts: 743 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia November 2011

© Non-Sport Update 2013