Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show Spring 2019: April 26 and 27
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show Spring 2019: April 26 and 27
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Mark your calendars now!

Spring 2019 Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

April 26th and 27th, 2019

Chicago Show Website

Holiday Inn and Suites
150 S Gary Ave
Carol Stream, IL

FREE Admission and FREE Promos!

More info as the show draws nearer, but for now the thread will hold the space for discussion.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Time to start talking this up a bit...

First off we'll announce our Creative Guest: April Reyna

April has colored pages for some of DC's popular titles, and is a trooper on the comic con circuit.
For sketch cards, April has worked on Viceroy's "The Deep", "Insectae", and "Space 2" as well as being announced in the upcoming "Artist's Choice" set. She had cards in Upper Deck's Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. She'll be doing cards for many of Dynamite's upcoming sets including Bettie Page.

April will be at the show both days selling original art, AP Cards, and commissions.
She also did the art for not one, but two of the promo cards you'll get at the door!

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome -- great show! If I was in the area I'd make a point to be there.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Everybody loves promos...

So far, we have 3 promos for FREE at the door.

First one is from Elaine and Tony at Perna Studios

It is P3 from their Creatures of Myth and Legend set. It features art by Peejay Catacutan.

Promos will be 1 pack per person per day.
These will be limited, and an equal amount available each day. So come early to make sure you get one as we could run out.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody want to work out a pre-show trade NOW is a good time.

Wave

Check out my posts on modern trading thread.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent promo card from Perna Studios!

Posts: 40 | Location: The other side..... | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Promo Card P18 for the Chicago Show:

Card art by Creative Guest April Reyna.

Promo packs available at the door, 1 per person per day.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post

Holiday Inn and Suites
150 South Gary Avenue
Carol Stream, IL 60188

Use the special group code CNS when booking by phone or online.

Special Room Rates
Standard Room: $89.00
King 2 Room Suite: $109.00

Block Will Be Available Until April 1st!

Don't miss out on a great rate for the Chicago Show! Free Parking, Fridge in every room. Restaurant on site.

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Okay Ed, that P18 promo card is superb!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One more promo card... for now.

P53 from Scifi Cards, with art again by Creative Guest April Reyna.

One more promo is in the works, but until I know it will make it in time I cannot share.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Dinner...

Yes, I still eat so I will be having dinner Friday night. I'm there, so I'm eating at Burger Theory in the Holiday Inn.

Anyone is welcome to join me. I make no promises beyond the fact there will be food.

With the changeover, we have to deal with round tables that don't really move together. Also, last time they told us there could be no separate bills if we sat as one big group. So, we're likely sitting near to each other and in little groups.

The food at Burger Theory is good, and last time the service was OK, but they were still learning the new menu too.

So, anyone who would like to join me about 8:30ish for dinner is welcome.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
FREE STUFF?

How about door prizes each day?

Friday: Deadpool Box by Upper Deck

Friday: Star Wars Resistance Bundle

Saturday: Orville Season 1 Box and Binder

1 Entry per person at the door.
Must be present to win
Drawing held 30 minutes prior to close each day.
Guests only, dealers not eligible to win door prizes.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Beyond impressive, if you live anywhere near this show you would have to be mad not to go. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm going to get there one day

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Spring 2019 Exhibitors

No show is complete without a variety of Exhibitors. We are always looking for new dealers and artists to join us. Here's the list of confirmed exhibitors.

K&J Non-Sport Cards
Specializing in sketch and autograph cards, K&J also carries all new releases from boxes to single cards

Scifi Cards
Boxes, Binders, and unusual small sets, Scifi Cards always has a wide variety of cards for every interest.

Looky Here
Bill is back and in good humor for the show.
​Carrying new and old releases and other collectibles including action figures.

xVADER Cards
100's of vintage singles, graded singles, and some complete and near sets.
Modern autos, relics, sketches, inserts and base sets. Be one of the first to dig through the discount box.

Flea Circus
Look for vintage and near vintage cards along with a mix of toys and collectibles. You might find anything at this table.

Brian's Cards
You never know what Brian is going to bring. New cards, older cards, hard to find collectibles all show up on his table. Bring your lists and check out this show's selection.

Carl's Cards
Lots of singles and sets to be had at Carl's table. Something different every time.

David Hartmann
David brings an eclectic mix of cards and other collectibles. Something different every time. Welcome back David!

Cardmonsters
Frank has an ever changing selection of cards. Come check out what he has this trip.

Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation
Paul Maiellaro will have a table set up to benefit the Treasure Chest foundation. Look for give-aways and the always popular Treasure Chest of Art as well as new projects he has started since the last show!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow I have not been into the material fantasy style that the Pernas have been putting out dont get me wrong the cards and sets are excellent work but just dont float my boat but the promo cards for their set Creatures Myth & Legends have got my attention if anyone from this forum is going to the convention I would ask if they are prepared to obtain a set of three and Trade it to me If so let me know by E mail and we will sort something out I wait in anticipation

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Wow I have not been into the material fantasy style that the Pernas have been putting out dont get me wrong the cards and sets are excellent work but just dont float my boat but the promo cards for their set Creatures Myth & Legends have got my attention if anyone from this forum is going to the convention I would ask if they are prepared to obtain a set of three and Trade it to me If so let me know by E mail and we will sort something out I wait in anticipation

Piko, nothing wrong with reaching out to other collectors. But remember 2 things:

Promo packets will be 1 per person per day, so unless someone just does not want the promos you're looking for someone going both days.

I will also point out that dealers get 1 packet per table per day as well. So you might reach out to some of the dealers as well.

The Perna promos are very limited. So it's conceivable that we'll run out. We're dividing them up between Friday and Saturday in equal numbers. So everyone that comes on Saturday has a fair chance if they come early.

Just a few things to think about concerning promos in Chicago

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed I have since got in touch with Elaine Perna who has given me all the info on these cards and as far as I understand I will be able to get the whole set wich will not be out till May through them wich will be a good result

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One dealer I left off the list, and one new one signed up over the weekend:

Iggy's Cards
Iggy brings cards with a dose of fun and attitude. Look for everything from complete sets to single higher end cards here. Just keep him away from Pizza.

Frank's Sports Cards
Frank is bringing his non-sport to the show. Look for Benchwarmer, Americana, Big Bang and more. Check out this first time vendor's table and make him feel welcome.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One more promo added...

From 5FINITY, for Lady Death Goddess.

Unfortunately I don't think I can post the picture, some might feel offended.

These will be available at admission to adults attending the show.