Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show Spring 2019: April 26 and 27
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show Spring 2019: April 26 and 27
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Will be there Saturday for door duty. I will be recovering Friday from Avengers Endgame.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything major.

But the van is loaded and I head out for Chicago in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing all my Chicago friends. Not looking forward to the drive.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip, Ed. See you Friday night!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Someday we'll have to move the Chicago show to Arizona. They are predicting snow for Saturday

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
The area around where the show's located is expected to get up to 6" of snow Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
The area around where the show's located is expected to get up to 6" of snow Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Good, I'll bring my boots....LOL

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the show - had a great time talking with all the dealers and collectors. Did a trade with X-Time, saw Kennywood, Paul Maielero, Scott Thomas, Dave Loosen, Stevetrek and Greg Geerts. Always good to chat with these guys.
Some new dealers, and great returning dealers. Got a box of The Orville from Ed, will post the results tomorrow, but it was a good box, and these cards, especially the chase, are beautiful!
Picked up several autos I had wanted, including WWE diva Asuka and James Bond villain Dave Bautista.
Hope everyone else was happy with the show, and tomorrow's show, despite the impending snowstorm.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I hope to get to the show one year

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the show yesterday. It was great to see everyone. I picked up promos that I was looking for and the artist April Reyna did a fantastic color sketch of Mantis for me.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally back from a 5 day road trip including the Chicago show.
Great seeing all the collecting friends...Don, John, Steve, Greg, Rod, Dave, Paul and so many more.
Friday officially opened at 3pm with great weather.
Lots of buy-sell-trade, and plenty of modern autos, relics, wax boxes, packs, and chase. Paul had 10 boxes of modern base singles to help folks complete sets for the charity.
Plenty of vintage singles, sets, sealed boxes, wrappers, games and more.
Friday night we had our gathering at Burger Theory. Good food and friends. I visited with Rod & Kennywood. Ed gave out two metal promos limited to 30 to finish the night.
Saturday...believe it or not...rain and SNOW! It may have slowed some down, but the faithful still came out making it a very successful weekend. Thanks to Ed & Kevin for leading. Looking forward to October 11-12.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post