Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    ☀ ☀ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show: April 17 & 18 ☀ ☀
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

☀ ☀ Chicago Non-Sport Card Show: April 17 & 18 ☀ ☀
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
Has anyone heard from Ed yet?

Jewel Big Grin

He posted on Facebook a bit ago that he's at the hotel. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
Hey Jon,
I've got the Americana 2009 #31 for you...

Sweet! Thanks, Greg!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
1800 miles, no problem...

Got word today the Frank Eachus Publishing will not be able to make the show as intended.

We wish Frank all the best and hopefully he can join us at a future show.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
I made Avengers Age of Ultron logos out of red adhesive vinyl to hand out at the show on Saturday. See everyone there....

Jewel Big Grin

Make that red, blue and silver. I made more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hippiejewel,

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Sounds like everyone is going to have a great time there this year.
Drive safe and I hope lots of people take lots of photos for those of us that can't make it. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at the show on Saturday. Rich Kunz did a great sketch of Agent Carter for me. It was good to see all the dealers and the Card Talkers that were there as well as Don Norton and Scott Thomas. Everyone old and new enjoyed getting the promo packs upon entry to the show. Ed Webb hosted a dinner at Alberto's restaurant after the show. We all had good conversation.

I took some pictures on my phone and will take more today. I am working 2 jobs around this show which I finish at the end of the month. Pictures will be posted here or on Facebook when I get freed up.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Back from my second day at the show. Had a great time as always, many good people to chat with.
Saw Greg Geerts, Kennywood, Lovemesomecards, Hippiejewel, WebJon, Stevetrek, Bill from Looky Here Cards, Scott Thomas. The Wrapper's Les Davis, xtime, Paul Maiellero and from the great state of Arizona - Ed Webb. There were others too, some who are not on Card Talk, found a new friend who lives only a few miles from me, we'll be meeting over coffee soon to discuss more cards. You folks make this show special, and thank you all for taking time to talk to me.

The show begins with a big pack o'promos 11 cards from many different manufacturers. The big item was the signed Benchwarmer promos. Everyone wanted the set of 6, but very few got one, I didn't, there were 2 sets of them as door prizes, along with some other nice items. Paul M had his own drawing and I did win a print from one of his previous shows and a box of Grimm 2.

The artist, Rich Kunz, is a super nice guy, he has done sketches for Game of Thrones and Hobbitt, among others. He raffled off his original art for the Yoda card in the promo pack.
The dinner on Friday night was actually sparsely attended, the dinner and camraderie was great, and Ed had metal promos, the same images from the Yoda card and Ed's show promo, they were numbered to 30.

Bought a lot of odds and ends, many cards removed from my want list, picked up many autos and costumes from Grimm 1 and 2. Also bought lots of discounted packs looking for insets I needed - and I found some.
Planning has already begun for Paul's show at same location on Sept 11, and Ed's regular Oct Card show. Gotta start saving $...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
It was great seeing everyone today. Made a toy donation to Paul for Treasure Chest. Worked the door and handed out promos from 11am to 1pm. Hope everyone made it home safe. If you didn't get any Avengers Age of Ultron vinyl decals I did, you can contact me here and I can send you one. Don, please make sure you post a picture of the item you showed me once you paint it please. I'd love to see it. Kevin and Ed, thanks for a great time.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Safely back in Missouri.
Great seeing several friends Don, Dave, Greg, John, Sharon & Ian(Lovemesomecards), SteveTrek, Hippiejewel, WebJon, Bill, Scott, Paul, Kevin, Ed, Iggy & Carl and many more.
The show featured vintage to modern…like Indian Gum, Lost in Space, Outer Limits, Three Stooges & Mars Attacks to new Marvel, Agents of Shield, Star Wars Masterwork & Rebels, and lots more.
This was a collector’s paradise…several thousand chase cards and promos $1 and under, autographs and relics, several sealed boxes, premium packs, and loose packs…and the best promo pack ever just for walking in the door. And, let’s not overlook the free drawing for door prizes. There was plenty of buying, selling, and trading. Had another fun challenge squeezing all the new stuff in my car...another big haul.
The Friday after show dinner was fun and relaxing…order the Farm burger. The surprise exclusive metal promos (limited to 30) served as extra bacon on the burger.
Hotel rooms were clean and roomy, and the staff friendly and accommodating.
Thanks to Kevin & Ed for leading the show. Looking forward to the fall show October 2 & 3.

(Anybody have an extra #3 Benchwarmer signed promo? I’ve got an extra #5.)

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What was at the dinner in terms of promos ?

Did Breygent have any exclusives at the dinner, as in years past ?

I heard that there were also 2 different metal promos

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
What was at the dinner in terms of promos ?

Did Breygent have any exclusives at the dinner, as in years past ?

I heard that there were also 2 different metal promos

The only dinner promos were metal versions of the Chicago P10 and Scifi Cards P39. Each numbered to 30. There will also 5 Artist Proofs of each made, artist Rich Kunz has those.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Here is my first shot at downloading a picture. Ed Webb at Scifi cards is my giunea pig. I will add more later or tomorrow. [/IMG] [/IMG]
[/IMG] NSU's Don Norton

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
More pictures from the show [/IMG] (1)Star Wars Masterworks [/IMG] (2) Xtime & Greg Gereets [/IMG](3)
Me and artist Rich Kunz

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
[/IMG]
Webjon

[/IMG]
Kevinfrom K & J

[/IMG]
John from Flea Circus

[/IMG]
lOTS OF CARDS

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Good job on getting the pictures posted Stevetrek. Nice set of pics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:

Ed Webb at Scifi cards is my giunea pig.

Charming, are you having t-shirts done? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:

Ed Webb at Scifi cards is my giunea pig.

Charming, are you having t-shirts done? Big Grin

I've been called a lot of things, many not too nice. But never a guinea pig. Razz

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
No insult was intended. I guess I am dating myself.