Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Has Talent creator Show June 29th & 30th in Chicago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Has Talent creator Show June 29th & 30th in Chicago
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello everyone! I am proud to announce a brand NEW Show coming to the City of Chicago, on Saturday, June 29th.

Where: Holiday Inn (NOT the Express)
6624 South Cicero Ave
Chicago, IL. 60638
phone: 708-563-6490 convention code : CECE
Convention rate $ 129.00+ taxes nightly

Parking : FREE and Plentiful Parking in a secure lot!

When: June 29th and 30th!
Sat. 9am (early Bird at 8am) to 3pm
Sun. 10am (9am earl bird) to 3pm

Cost: General Admission $ 6.00 per person daily or $ 10.00 per person for the weekend.

Early Bird Admission $ 12.00 per person daily or $ 20.00 per person for the weekend.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS SHOW IS A 100% BENEFIT FOR THE PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY TREASURE CHEST FOUNDATION- Including ALL table fees, ALL admissions, ALL auctions, and raffles!

Please take the time to make it to the show and help support the Foundation's mission to help almost 8000 children and teens with Cancer, every month.
Thank you for your past and future support!

What to expect in this new show ?

FREE Promo cards, some exclusive to the show.

Silent Auction for charity

Raffles for charity

Single Nonsport Cards for Charity
(will be accepting donations of single cards at the show)

Goodie bags, while supplies last.

We will be debuting the new trading card project, Little Treasures, at this event.

Meet Artists, Writers, Make Up Effects Artists, and Robot creators on Saturday and Sunday, come out on Sunday, to do your shopping with your favorite vendors as well.

Note: due to the nature of the show, exhibitors with original artwork only will be set up on Saturday, the balance of the vendors will be set up on Sunday.

retail exhibitors will have nonsport trading cards, comic books, movie posters, toys and more to offer. Plenty to go around.

Creator and Exhibitor applications are still open, but for a limited time only, as available space exists.If you are a creator or exhibitor and are interested in joining us for this event, please email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com.

We will be accepting new toy and unopened card boxes and sets for donations to the Foundation as well. Please bring any extras or unwanted material to the show. All help is appreciated!

In addition to the NEW trading card project, the Treasure Chest of Art is now available in THREE package sizes, A complete chest of 50 sketch cards, mystery single cards and our newest package size, which debuted at Spring Philly Show, the Mini Master Packs, which are three cards per package. All three package sizes will be at the event and for sale, while supplies last.

Thanks very much and hope to see you all there!
Happy Memorial Day!
Paul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PAULM,

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Guest announcements coming soon. Please keep an eye out.
Also, a quick note, our website is currently unavailable and we are working hard on restoring it. I will let everyone know once it has been restored. Thanks for your patience. Any q's , please email me directly cecexpo@gmail.com.

Thanks and have a great day!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For those searching for info, in the duration of our site being down, please check out the FB page at https://www.facebook.com/cecexpo

Thanks Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great News!The website is now up and running again. Updates are under construction, some are already up, with more coming!

We are proud to announce the First of many creators :

Mark McHaley

Connie Faye Persampieri

Nino Mesarina

Tony Miello

Bill Pulkovski

Tom Jozwiak and his robots, Johnny 5, Wall-E and a great Iron Man mask. you must check out the photos on the Website or FB page!

Please feel free to repost the info, being a fundraiser for charity, we wish to make this as successful as possible.
Thanks and more announcements coming soon!
Take care,
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promo cards will be given out at the show, hopefully, be able to post some images soon. Keep an eye out! thanks paul

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
So, who is pumped for this show?!? Nice to see that Mark will be making an appearance after a bit of a hiatius.

I don't think that Paul mentioned it, but the show hotel is just a few minutes away from Midway airport for the out of towners.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I Am VERY Excited! First hotel show in 2 years!
Everything is coming together for this Benefit Fundraiser- Thank you All!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Count and Countess Gregula will be on hand at the show, as well as Black Heart Comics.
Black Heart Comics will be hosting a new hat drive for the children, so if you have some cool, crazy, kooky or otherwise hats that you can spare or would like to donate, they will be taking donations at their booth.
That's all for now, waiting on the promos to come in so I can scan them and have them posted as well.So, keep your eyes peeled!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone! More artists are on their way to being posted, just waiting on the final confirmation.
Waiting on the RA promo cards to scan, should be here soon.
Treasure Chest of Art cards will be available in THREE package sizes at the show.

Thanks and have a great night!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
attn local artists- looking for additional artists, limited space available for the upcoming show.
Please send me an email directly, if interested , at cecexpo@gmail.com
thanks Paul

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
anybody plan on coming to this shindig?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
i will be there on Saturday to get sketches.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Make sure you stop by and say Wavey

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How was the show?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon,
I missed you at the show, however, I can offer two answers to your question:

If you wish to form an opinion on the show, strictly based on monetary value, such as "profit", bluntly, the show was a failure as we could not make expenses.

However, I prefer to look at it this way, and I am very thankful and grateful for all of the folks who did take time out of their weekend to join us, whether they came to set up a booth or just to visit through. The generosity, support, and love and friendship were so abundant at the show, that you could feel it in the air itself.
Donations came in, auction items sold, friends reunited, it was a spectacular time!
In my opinion, this alone made the event a HUGE success.
Although money is somewhat important, especially to pay the bills, I am so very grateful to experience the friendship and comradery that was present this past weekend.
I just hope, that when I promote the next venture, people will not be as skeptical, or as obviously busy, that they will take the extra effort and time to visit, support the Foundation, the show and the exhibitors and creators. As some of you are aware, it takes great effort to promote and run a show to give the public a fair offering and a good value for their money to come out.
Again, I thank all of the exhibitors, publishers and artists for exhibiting and I thank all of the visitors who visited.
Please look for the next announcement as we get ready for the second annual Nonsport Card Annex in Bridgeview.Coming Nov 3rd- So please, mark your calendars, without YOU, the public, there will be NO SHOW in the future.
Thanks and take care,
Paul

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear the show didn't do well from an financial perspective.

I have to be honest, I found the concept confusing, I wasn't sure what dealers would be attending and what they'd be able to sell on which days -- personally I found having essentially 2 different shows in 2 days was a real turn off.

Also, and I hate to say it, but there are a ton of shows in the Chicago area now. . . I'm sure I could come up with a dozen that have already happened this year, and most of the big shows are yet to come. . . It's a crowded marketplace for shows, so getting people to travel to shows is going to be tougher. . . It is tough to be compelling in a crowded market.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Paul. I was looking forward to going, but I had to take a bunch of fire cadets down state for a firefighting class that was all weekend.

I've got Nov. 3rd on the calendar!

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post