Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

I've posted a number of things about the Pop Art Con in the Non-Sport Update forum ( here) but haven't posted anything here yet. So I'll do that now.

Pop Art Con is a new show that will focus on artist. We'll have 20 or more of your favorite artists all in one place! We will also have some card dealers and manufacturers on-hand but the main focus of the show will be the artists. Everyone who comes will be able to meet their favorite artists, speak with them about their art, commission them, purchase sketch cards, sketch books, etc. If you're into sketch cards or art in general, you will not want to miss this show!

Here is our initial line-up of artists:
  • Axebone
  • Kate Bradley
  • Edward Cherniga
  • Rusty Gilligan
  • Meghan Hetrick
  • Laura Inglis
  • Gary Kezele
  • Brian Kong
  • Jim Kyle
  • Jerry Ma
  • Rhiannon Owens
  • Sean Pence
  • David Quiles
  • Scott Rorie
  • Tim Shay

On Saturday night before the show, there will be a dinner sponsored by Cryptozoic Entertainment (more info coming soon on this). Also, Cryptozoic Entertainment's art director will be doing portfolio reviews at the show so if you think you have what it takes to create trading cards, bring your portfolio.

You can find out more about Pop Art Con on our new website: popartcon.com and on Facebook: facebook.com/PopArtCon

The very first Pop Art Con will be held on June 10, 2012 at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Fort Washington (530 West Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034).

Pop Art Con is sponsored by Breygent Marketing, Cryptozoic Entertanment, and Versicolor Productions with more sponsors to be announced soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
And now, here is some more Pop Art Con news. Come to the show and pick-up an exclusive Blood and Glory promo card from Asylum Studios. See the card below in all its (blood and) glory -- sorry, I couldn't resist. The art for the card is by Pop Art Con artist Tim Shay.

There's more info about Asylum Studios' Blood and Glory card series in this thread in our News & Rumors forum.

Thanks

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
nice card, good luck with the show. Smile

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've just updated the list of artists above. I've added Edward Cherniga, who will also be at exhibiting at the show.

You can find Edward's bio and complete information on Pop Art Con at popartcon.com

Thanks.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We are now selling tickets to Pop Art Con for those people interested in coming to the dinner on Saturday night (June 9) before the show. Many of the artists will also be on-hand for the dinner. The dinner is free-of-charge and sponsored by Cryptozoic Entertainment. We are really excited to have them sponsor this.

In order to attend the dinner, you must have a ticket to the show. You can purchase those here:

Pop Art Con Dinner

Seating is limited on this so get your ticket before they are gone. Red Face

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll have a limited amount of the Island Dreams promo card that I'll be giving out at my table.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey guys!

I figured i'd post this up here too. I'll have this original piece for sale at the show, as well as prints and other stuff too Smile

Scan looks slight bit off because the gesso (the black edges) is a bit shiny.

Posts: 3 | Location: PA | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The show is coming along nicely! Thumb Up Cool promo Laura, and that artwork is outstanding, Meghan! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great, I think we need a west coast show!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The line-up for Pop Art Con keeps changing.

First of all, the bad news, Axebone has had to drop out due to work commitments. But on the plus, side we have several new great additions to the list: Robert Hack, Veronica O'Connell, and The Sucklord.

The list now looks like this:

Kate Bradley
Edward Cherniga
Rusty Gilligan
Robert Hack
Meghan Hetrick
Laura Inglis
Gary Kezele
Brian Kong
Jim Kyle
Jerry Ma
Bill McKay
Joseph Miller
Veronica O'Connell
Rhiannon Owens
Sean Pence
David Quiles
Scott Rorie
Tim Shay
The Sucklord

Also, don't forget that you can come to the dinner sponsored by Cryptozoic Entertainment on the Saturday before the show and eat with your many of the artists and your fellow collectors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
One more addition to announce. We've added artist Joseph Miller to the line-up. Smile

posted Hide Post
What an absolutely rad show line up!

Posts: 70 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Tim Shay
posted Hide Post
I'm really looking forward to Pop Art Con.
I will be giving away this Hellboy drawing there... Please stop by my table to get a raffle ticket to win this one!!! Smile

Posts: 8 | Location: California | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Deadworld Promo Card for Pop Art Con (Breygent Table)

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris, any info on what card dealers will be selling there? I'm thinking about going but my interest is more in autograph cards. No offense to the artists as their work is amazing. It's just not what I tend to collect.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Harris, any info on what card dealers will be selling there? I'm thinking about going but my interest is more in autograph cards. No offense to the artists as their work is amazing. It's just not what I tend to collect.

Hi Logan:

There will be three card dealers at the show. Our focus is the artists obviously but we figure that anyone coming to see the artists probably also collects the newer releases so that's where we put our focus. The following dealers will be on-hand:

- Tom Breyer, Jr., Unique Cards

- Derek Woywood

- Nathan Stubbs, Mr. Non-Sport Cards

You should be able to find lots of good stuff from these three.

Hope to see you there, Logan. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris. I might have to make a trip down. Sounds too good to miss. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great news....Breygent Marketing is sponsoring the tables fees for every artist at Pop Art Con (save the two artists Cryptozoic Entertainment is sponsoring and bring from the West Coast and The Sucklord, who is sponsored by SideKick). We are thrilled about this and its very generous of Breygent Marketing to do this.

We have details on the blog this afternoon:

Breygent Marketing Supports Pop Art Con Artists in a Big Way

Thanks Tom and company!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Tom! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Very cool Thumb Up

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post