Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is gonna be an awesome event, wish I could attend!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big thanks to Tom Breyer for the sponsorship!

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Good news....there are more hotel rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn for those staying over. As of yesterday, it was sold out but the hotel has added some more rooms to our block.

But the catch is you now need to call to reserve a room at the lower $109 show rate (online booking has ended). You can reserve through May 17 at the special show rate. Call the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Washington at 1-215-646-4637 and use our show code of "Pop".

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for adding some rooms to the block. I tried before but they were sold out! Deadline is the 17th for those of you who didn't book yet. (if they have any rooms left) Looking forward to the dinner too.

Any other news you can share with us Harris?

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:

We're buzzing along. Thanks for posting the reminder about the deadline for reserving at the Hilton Garden Inn. As you say, that's coming up in just a couple of days so if anyone needs a room, you better get on the phone! Big Grin Details are in my post above.

We're working on an emailer now with news about what some of the artists will have going on at the show. If anyone wants to get a copy of the note and be on our email list, you can sign up here:

Pop Art Con - Mailing List sign-up

I will try and remember to post a link to that mailing here.

We didn't really push promos so much at this show since we're focused on artists but I think promo collectors will be pretty happy with some of the stuff being worked on!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've posted this elsewhere and it's on the blog today but thought I'd post it in the show forum as well:

Cryptozoic to Exchange Promos at Pop Art Con

Cryptozoic Entertainment has come up with something pretty novel. At the upcoming Pop Art Con on June 10 at the Ft. Washington Hilton Garden Inn (Philadelphia area), the company will exchange your duplicate Cryptozoic promo for one you might not have. Got an extra Smallville Seasons 7 – 10 P1 and really want a Tarzan 100th Anniversary P2 instead? Cryptozoic has you covered! The only hitch is you have just one shot at this as each show attendee may only exchange one Cryptozoic Entertainment promo card. Cryptozoic Entertainment’s Miranda Anderson says “Our goal is to provide a method for fans to try to get some of those hard-to-get promo cards.”

Cryptozoic has provided us with a list of cards they will have on-hand at the show (quantities will be limited): [LIST]
  • P1 Smallville Trading Cards Season 7-10
  • P3 Smallville Trading Cards Season 7-10
  • P1 The Big Bang Theory
  • P1 The Guild Trading Card
  • P2 The Vampire Diaries
  • P5 The Vampire Diaries
  • P1 Tarzan 100 Anniversary
  • P2 Tarzan 100 Anniversary
  • P1 The Walking Dead Comic Book
  • P2 The Walking Dead Comic Book
  • P1 Fringe “Imagine The Impossible”

Some of the promos are shown on the blog. For more information on Pop Art Con, visit the Pop Art Con website.
  •  
    Platinum Card Talk Member
    Picture of Batman
    posted Hide Post
    I'm looking forward to this, it will be fun and I will be able to swap a duplicate for one I need. Nice job by Cryptozoic and Pop Con! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    Here's some other Pop Art Con info....Cryptozoic Entertainment is doing portfolio reviews at Pop Art Con. They are looking for artists interested in creating sketch cards for their upcoming sets. They have posted details about this including what you should bring to the show for review on their blog today:

Pop Art Con Sketch Card Portfolio Reviews

Thanks!

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Elaine Perna
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
    This is gonna be an awesome event, wish I could attend!

Ditto. I wish I could go too. I'd love to meet some of the other artists. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by non-sportcards:

Remember how I promised more info? Here's a run down of all that is going on at Pop Art Con:

What's Happening At Pop Art Con...

Hope to see lots of Card Talk members at the show! Course you can get more info at popartcon.com

posted Hide Post
    I'll be there Harris and I'm bringing my sister and her portfolio for Cryptozoic.. Thumb Up

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mccheese8472:
    I'll be there Harris and I'm bringing my sister and her portfolio for Cryptozoic.. Thumb Up

Great! I will see you there. Best of luck to your sister with her portfolio review.

Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    Just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up for the complimentary dinner at Pop Art Con (sponsored by Cryptozoic Entertainment) taking place on June 9, the night before Pop Art Con. Click on the link below to purchase a ticket to Pop Art Con and get into the dinner free!

Pop Art Con dinner

Platinum Card Talk Member
    Picture of Batman
    posted Hide Post
    Artist Robert Hack has posted that he will have Pulp Detectives promo P2 from Cult-Stuff to hand out at the show. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    Quick update.....

Jim Kyle has had to drop out of Pop Art Con due to some health issues in his family.

We have added Kevin Graham to the line-up.

The show is one week from today. Hope to see lots of Card Talk members there.

posted Hide Post
    I would have loved to be there guys....Big thank you to the Toser's and Tom Breyer.

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    Best of luck with everything, Jim. We'll talk to you soon.

Manufacturer
    posted Hide Post
    Pop Art Con Promo Cards

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Manufacturer
    posted Hide Post
    Promos for Pop Art Con

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Wow! They look great Tom. See you Saturday night at the dinner? Just a reminder to all the dinner is at 7 pm Saturday night and the show starts the next morning at 10 AM.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post