Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Destination Star Trek London October 19 - 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destination Star Trek London October 19 - 21
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just noticed the price of VIP tickets for this event, limited to 20. Only £2,999 Eek about ($4500) WOW it will take a Very Rich dedicated Trek Fan to pay that much just to attend a show. I appreciate the Five Star Trek Captains will be at the show and a host of other Trek stars but it's too much for me.

Anyone planning to purchase a VIP ticket?

Star Trek London (5 Captains)

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
The tickets come with an exclusive card...sigh....

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeesh... for that price you could have bought a plane ticket to Wizard World Philadelphia, paid for a hotel for the weekend, and gotten their VIP ticket and probably still have enough money for other con goodies. I thought that WW Philly's $750 price tag was steep, and this one is crazy!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The sad thing is that it will sell out no problem. Shake Head

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
On their forum it has it that 18 are already sold. I only went for Silver and I thought that was expensive enough.

There is also some question as to how much merchandise will be on sale. The web site states that it will be official merchandise and the venu is used for other shows by a compeating company which may restrict what can be sold at this show.

Posts: 176 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: August 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm aware the show can only allow star trek merchandise for sale and nothing else, due to the awesome MCM Expo show which is on the week after, which is run by the same people who run the Memorabilia show in the uk.
The terms of destination star trek only allow this, so I can only think that Richard Arnold might be there with cards, but I don't know any other UK dealers who have enough Trek stuff to make the show viable, including myself. Prove me wrong though guys!

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Too bad its only ST merch etc being sold. Id love a Keating auto from a Sons of Anarchy pic.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
I would hope that not all the autograph photos will be ST, they normally have a range to choose from and you can always bring your own to get signed Smile

Posts: 176 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: August 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
I understand the restrictions but hardly any card dealers do the Expo show any more as its mainly a manga show, hopefully they will build up the MEM London side to get the dealers back in.

quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
As far as I'm aware the show can only allow star trek merchandise for sale and nothing else, due to the awesome MCM Expo show which is on the week after, which is run by the same people who run the Memorabilia show in the uk.
The terms of destination star trek only allow this, so I can only think that Richard Arnold might be there with cards, but I don't know any other UK dealers who have enough Trek stuff to make the show viable, including myself. Prove me wrong though guys!

Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alric:
I would hope that not all the autograph photos will be ST, they normally have a range to choose from and you can always bring your own to get signed Smile

There will ONLY be trek stuff allowed, due to massive legal restrictions. I'm not sure their even allowed to sign your own non-trek photo. Worth checking on the Star Trek London website.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
It could be a fun show then if they get that restrictive Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alric,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the guest list for this thing ? Brent Spiner has been added too. Heck, they've even got a doomed guy/guard in a red top Big Grin I would love to be attending this shindig:

http://www.startreklondon.com/guests

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post