Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Any nonsport card shows in Europe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any nonsport card shows in Europe?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I was wondering if anyone knows of any nonsport card shows that are in Europe?

I know there are conventions for board games (in Germany), and MTG card tournaments, but not sure where or when any possibly Comic Cons might be?
I'm looking for a convention that would have GPK and Wackies, etc. good ol fashion non sport cards.

Thanks for your help

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: February 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
There's not a lot of shows with non-sports cards in Europe, and only 3-4 show dealers that I know of. Fedcon in Germany used to have a few card dealers, and Spiel in Essen. Card collectors seem to be TV and Movie fans, but I've never seen GPK or Wacky Packages stuff at either. Can anyone add to this list?

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
When are you in the UK?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am looking for good dates to go to Europe depending on a show that would most likely have GPK.

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: February 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
GPK is very much an American thing I think, I would be very surprised if you would find a dealer at a UK show selling these.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
GPK were more than a phenomenon in just the USA.
They were produced in over a dozen other countries like: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, Israel, Australia, Brazil, etc.

The cards made big commotion in other countries with news paper articles in France and Germany. Mexico 'supposedly' has a ban on them.

Before the cartoon was put on DVD it was being aired in Iceland, Spain, and was in the hands of CBS International, in Brussels.

There are collectors through out Europe.

I felt that going to a show that might have GPK might also be a place that I could meet European collectors in person.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
If GPK made any impact in the UK, it COMPLETELY passed me by. I wasn't even aware there was a cartoon.

I've yet to see any UK dealers carry it. I even don't remember Cards Inc ever having it (before being bought out) and Darren distributed pretty much everything.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi there are a few uk dealers inc myself that
Have gpk and a couple that do more recent gpk.
Because gpk started in 1980's and i started as a dealer in 1984 but was collecting properly since 1977-most other dealers from that period are no longer trading.wacky's few and far as only 4 uk sets and they pretty tough to track down. Hope this helps. Smile

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Paul: is there a show in Europe that you would recommend as having the highest chance of finding GPK, or a place to meet European GPK collectors?

Like, of the 4 stores you mentioned, which show would they be at?

Thanks!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by paul hart:
Hi there are a few uk dealers inc myself that
Have gpk and a couple that do more recent gpk.

Sorry Paul, I was not aware of that.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
Sorry for delay.
Memorabila at nec birmingham is probably best
But no guarantees as yo what you may find.
Wave

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post