Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wondercon trip report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wondercon trip report
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I went to Wondercon the last two days, and picked up a bunch of new in-person autos, attended some panels, and opened a box of cards.

My new in-person autos:

James Gunn & Lloyd Kaufman

Lloyd Kaufman

Felicia Day, Veronica Belmont & Tom Merritt

Laraine Newman

Peter Mayhew

Adam Green, Joe Lynch, Laura Ortiz & Corri English

Stephanie Danielson, Tiffany Brouwer & Ana Alexander (all the cards are autographed)

Nikki Griffin, Adam Huss & Shani Pride (all the cards are autographed)

Ashley Noel, Jennifer Roa & Catherine Annett (all the cards are autographed)

I also bought a box of the Walking Dead from the Cryptozoic booth.

Steven Yeun auto
Amy costume
Dale costume

Panels:

Sound of My Voice movie panel (Brit Marling & Zal Batmanglij)

Prometheus panel (Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron & Michael Fassbender)

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter panel (Timur Bekmambetov, Seth Grahame-Smith & Benjamin Walker)

Alcatraz panel (Jorge Garcia, Sarah Jones, Jonny Coyne & Robert Forster)

Fringe panel (Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Blair Brown & Seth Gabel)

Once Upon A Time panel (Adam Horowitz & Edward Kitsis)

Community panel (Dan Harmon, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Ken Jeong, Chris McKenna & Stephen Basilone)

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great report. Thank you for posting it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's great, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heya,
Not a lot of cards nor much swag in general

Will post pics later of
- Locke and Key game promo cards
- many Femme Fatales character cards
- Vampirella 2 card promo
- MegaCon Red Sonja 2 card promo
- Naruto promo pack
- Game of Thrones postcard promo

Other swag and not a complete list
My Little Pony/Hello Kitty giant bag
Avengers vs Xmen coaster
Cryptozoic mini buttons (5)
Prometheus 3D/lenticular mini poster
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D/lenticular mini poster
Once Upon a Time promo mini notebook/journal
Dexter Lanyard
Frombie tote bag
Viz red tote bag
G4 Attacks promo pin
Naruto lithograph

There were posters for Battleship; Fringe; Spiderman and others but skipped getting these as I really don't collect them.

Got a box Harry Potter DH Part 2.

Said hi to some of my favorite people in Artist Alley which was great and something I look forward to in addition to meeting Jim Kelly and seeing some favorite stars.

Got 2 signed Buffy Season 9 comics from Georges Jeanty who is one of the coolest people I've met
at any Con.

Will post any extra cards once I get a chance...

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Besides the free Geek & Sundry, Holliston, Femme Fatales and Tromeo & Juliet autos, I also got:

Holliston hat
Holliston keychain
Todd & the Book of Pure Evil folder
Fearnet ice cube tray
Aquabats cd
Kid Icarus Uprising AR cards pack
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D mini poster
Prometheus 3D mini poster
Once Upon A Time notebook

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were you able to get all the Femme Fatales cards?

There were quite a few.

quote:
Originally posted by rl75:
Besides the free Geek & Sundry, Holliston, Femme Fatales and Tromeo & Juliet autos, I also got:

Holliston hat
Holliston keychain
Todd & the Book of Pure Evil folder
Fearnet ice cube tray
Aquabats cd
Kid Icarus Uprising AR cards pack
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D mini poster
Prometheus 3D mini poster
Once Upon A Time notebook

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just got the 9 shown in the first post, although I did get two different versions of the Ashley Noel.
One problem I noticed is that the scheduled list of signers was often wrong, so it made it a lot more difficult to collect them all.
How many did you get?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have 19 cards with 4 unsigned.

You can have my extras that you're missing if you want....

Madison Dylan
Reggie Hayes
Scheana Marie
Mirtha Michelle
Melissa Paulo
Moniqua Plante
Tara Radcliffe

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see on ebay 3 new 258 West promos from the Wonder Con, for Glee, Vampire Diaries, and Game of Thrones

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
I have 19 cards with 4 unsigned.

You can have my extras that you're missing if you want....

Madison Dylan
Reggie Hayes
Scheana Marie
Mirtha Michelle
Melissa Paulo
Moniqua Plante
Tara Radcliffe

That's okay, I don't really need them. I wasn't looking to collect the whole set.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was there too, and got some autographed cards by the Femme Fatales as well. There was alot I wanted to buy and see but comic conventions can be so expensive for things other than comics. Most new and recent comics can be bought very affordably. With cards, action figures, statues, t-shirts, and other stuff, the prices can be very expensive. You'd think these card dealers would discount (convention only discount) their boxes by 5 or 10 percent, but they don't. With the economy being so bad, and dealers having so much inventory with older boxes of cards, one would hope the dealers could make a deal or two.

Posts: 9 | Location: Vista | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Madison Dylan from the Femme Fatales seemed extra nice to me. Maybe, she likes me. Heh, heh. My extra swag, however, I give to my niece and nephew in Texas, and friends and co-workers. They love the stuff!

Posts: 9 | Location: Vista | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand Cryptozoic had a booth at Wondercon this year and may be at SDCC. Does anyone know if they were offering any exclusives or what cards they were selling?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I understand Cryptozoic had a booth at Wondercon this year and may be at SDCC. Does anyone know if they were offering any exclusives or what cards they were selling?

I didn't see any exclusives. They were selling boxes and packs of Walking Dead and the Guild for the suggested retail price. I didn't realize at the time that the Walking Dead price was about $120 less than the ebay price or I would have bought more.