Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia - Birmingham November 19-20
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorabilia - Birmingham November 19-20
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
I wasn't planning on going this year but as Harris & NSU will be there I am now going! Anyone attending?

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be there as usual Wave . Hoping for a lupine sighting as well Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I wasn't planning on going this year but as Harris & NSU will be there I am now going! Anyone attending?

Yup, I will be there. Working on a variant issue for the show now as well as some other items that will be available. We'll share details soon. As always, I'm really looking forward to the show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to go, but because Harris is there, I've decided to go. It's an early bird for me. I'll be gone by 12.00.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping to be there ,last time was when Warren Martineck was there

Posts: 50 | Location: U.K | Registered: August 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Steve! See you, Triple-Frog and brown123 there. And Hammer too...will definitely see him! He's helping me out behind the table that weekend.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on attending. Quite a few guests already posted on thier site.

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/bir...ions/special-guests/

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brown123:
Hoping to be there ,last time was when Warren Martineck was there

2004 Eek

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Thanks to various rail closures, it's going to be a journey and a half for me adding around 3 hours Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:

Anyone else reading through this list of guests and finding themselves asking: Who ? Roll Eyes

BTW, last time I went there Ray Harryhausen was in attendance.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Anyone else reading through this list of guests and finding themselves asking: Who ? Roll Eyes

Yes

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:

BTW, last time I went there Ray Harryhausen was in attendance.

I'm either asking " who? " or " not again " Roll Eyes . There is still time for them to add some quality to the guest line up, I just don't hold out much hope for that as the current show owners seem to want to spend as little money as possible to maximise profits.

Would not be surprised if I enter at 09.00 and leave at 11.00 having seen everything worth looking at. At least I will be home in time for the football.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I must admit that is what i thought when i skimmed through it however Lynn Lowry and Vera Day are two names from my long ago past that would be of intrest and Liza Ross is a James Bond name that even Rittenhouse have never got to autograph.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Who was Liza Ross in "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997) ? I looked her up on the IMDB but the role does not ring a bell

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know which dealers will be there? It would be useful if UK dealers told us they were coming and contact details for anything we might want to order. UK dealers seem to operate a secret service!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Does anybody know which dealers will be there? It would be useful if UK dealers told us they were coming and contact details for anything we might want to order. UK dealers seem to operate a secret service!

I have asked Jason at Cult Stuff and Dean Rogers who owns TopCards but have not heard back from either. I know from speaking to those that did have space at the March show that they felt the over emphasis on cos-play from the show owners was hurting sales to the extent that the cost did not justify attending.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Below is the show exclusive promo card that I'll be giving away at the Non-Sport Update table. This Iron Dead Legends promo featuring art by Dennis Willman is numbered MBCC-01. The card is produced by Iron Dead Studios.

Hope to see lots of collectors at the show!

Picture of Alric
posted Hide Post
Cosplay is likely to get bigger and bigger at this show, just look at their London events.

I hope to be there to renew my subscription.

Posts: 176 | Location: Kent, England | Registered: August 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris, is that promo part of the variant issue that you alluded to above ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Harris, is that promo part of the variant issue that you alluded to above ?

I understand that this is exclusive to the show and not part of the variant issue