Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic Fest, October 4-6, 2013
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic Fest, October 4-6, 2013
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
Membership Registration Is Now Online!

http://www.sdcomicfest.org/201...ation-is-now-online/

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Nat and Deb,
What's the date of our next get-together? Are we still on?
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Nat and Deb,
What's the date of our next get-together? Are we still on?
Ace

Ace,

I have 6/29/13 down as our next meet up date. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks DC Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yep last Saturday of June. Where we meeting? Any suggestions??

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

My house?

we can have tea and cakes.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

My house?

That, Wolfie, sounds AWESOME!! Cool

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Sounds like a plan. I'll gas up the jet so we can leave that Friday!

My house?

That, Wolfie, sounds AWESOME!! Cool

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am ready to hop across the pond to have tea and cakes with Wolfie. Cool

As for where we'll *actually* get to meet; I'm always willing to go back to the Mexican restaurant. Good food, easy to get to off of the freeway, and the staff doesn't care how long we sit there. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in........anyone else want a different venue? I could eat the El komal
everytime

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I would welcome a different venue. You guys pick the place. How about Bob's Big Boy? Drool
Ace

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would welcome a different venue. You guys pick the place. How about Bob's Big Boy? Drool
Ace

Where is there one? The one in El Cajon closed.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I went out to El Cajon to eat there last Thursday and it was closed. It was just a thought. You pick a place. Is there a Hodads around there?
Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know. I went out to El Cajon to eat there last Thursday and it was closed. It was just a thought. You pick a place. Is there a Hodads around there?
Ace

I think that Hodad's opened a second location somewhere in the East Village. Yummy burgers but *not* the place for a card talk get together, I don't think. If you've ever been to the one in OB, people are standing inline around the block to get in. I don't think they'd appreciate us commandeering a table for two hours, lol! Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We could settle for Denny s in Mira Mesa near I15 but again we need the space and our usual spot can accommodate all of us.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ha, beat me to it. I was just going to check-in and see what was up.

Denny's is fine but they may not have the space we need. Ace, call it if you want to go there instead. If I don't hear different, I will be showing up at our usual haunt. Cool

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a family emergency and am going to have to be out of town this weekend. Please let me know when the July meet up will be- I have some Deadworld stuff for Debi and some promos for Ace (and hopefully something for Natalie once I figure out what she likes).

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
I have a family emergency and am going to have to be out of town this weekend. Please let me know when the July meet up will be- I have some Deadworld stuff for Debi and some promos for Ace (and hopefully something for Natalie once I figure out what she likes).

Sorry that you won't be able to make it this time, David. Hope all is well with the family.

I have 7/27 listed as the date of our July meet up. Hope to see you then! Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Dennys is OK with me.
Ace

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Really liked the Viceroy stamp cards!
Thanks Deb.
Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,