Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Advance ticket sales for Spring 2015 show!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advance ticket sales for Spring 2015 show!
 Login/Join

posted
I will once again be handling the advance two day ticket sales for the Non-Sports "Philly" show. Dates are of course May 2 and 3 in Allentown, PA at the Merchants Square Mall.

One day tickets can be purchased at the door. So can the two day but advance ticket sales will be a lower price then buying when you get there. And yes all the amenities like promo cards will be available to these buyers even though you are paying less for your ticket.

Tickets are at the printer as we speak. I will have a show this weekend and can take peoples names. Will provide details on that show before the weekend.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Sunday Jan 25th I will be at the Tysons Corner Crowne Plaza. Off of route 123 in Mclean, VA. Across from the Galleria Mall and near tons of all kinds of shopping if your significant other is not into cards, supplies or comics.

Shoffpromotions.com is the website with more info. Show hours 10 AM to 3 PM.

Packcracker Ted will not be at this one but Wayne from Zenos Books is making the trek up from Virginia Beach. I also have tons of non-sports and supplies. Sometimes you will find some non mixed into the sports side of the show. Pretty big show with over 60 tables. Half of them are sports and the other half is comic, non-sport,etc oriented.

Feb 1st I will be in the Laurel, MD area for a show and will post more info next week.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tickets are in from the printer!!

I will be in Laurel, MD this Sunday Feb 1st at the Clandestine Comics comic book and non-sports card show. Off of I-95 North of DC and South of Baltimore. Use exit 33 and heads towards Burtonsville. Show held in the Crowne Plaza. There is an Exxon station sitting on that corner with the traffic light. The hotel sits behind that and there is also an Outback steakhouse attached to the hotel as another landmark to look for. Held in the ballroom of the hotel. Show hours are 10 Am to 3 PM. Admission I think is only two dollars. I will be setup along with Pack Cracker. And a whole bunch of comic book dealers too.

clandestinecomics.com for more info.

Will have most of the new product released in the past two months. Sleepy Hollow to be out on Monday so bad timing for this show.

posted Hide Post
This Saturday Feb 7th I will be all the way down in Richmond, Virginia. The Virginia Comic Con is being held at the Richmond International Raceway. Show hours 10 to 5.

Please note they will not be doing onsite ticket sales. Need to order a ticket before going. Elite memberships have already sold out and just general admission remain. Place will be mobbed! I will just have one booth so not a lot of space to display things. Just come and find me and ask to look through the boxes. I will probably have the card boxes on the floor. Wayne from Zenos Books will be setup also. Plenty of artists and other cool things to buy at the show. Super HUGE show room.

Website for the show is http://www.vacomicon.com

posted Hide Post
I will be at the Farpoint Sci Fi and Movie/TV convention all weekend long. Please see the post separately by WandringRebel for more info on the show.

Website for the show is farpointcon.com

It is FREE to shop the expansive dealers room. Quite an eclectic range of material at the show. Mostly Sci FI, Fantasy and Movie/TV related properties. In terms of non-sports, Laura Inglis (artist and retailer), Packcracker Ted and myself with a whole bunch of trading cards. Besides the usual boxes I bring I will be sure to bring a showcase to this show and put out a nice display of autos and sketches too. Also, Angela McKendrick is a local artist from Maryland to be setup. Go to the website for all the guest details. On Friday it starts at three and runs till seven. Saturday starts at ten and ends sometime in the evening hours. Sunday is ten to three BUT this is always my BUSY day. So if you really want to get something then do it Friday evening or Saturday morning. When Sunday rolls around I will certainly sell out of certain things. I think it is that people there for the weekend are done with the events and signings and then have decided on what to buy when they check out of the hotel on Sunday morning. Plus they don't want to carry things around during the show.

The hotel is an easy access off of I-83 and a straight shot down from the Harrisburg area. Also convenient to most metropolitan areas. I know that I have regular customers from DC, Baltimore, Harrisburg and Philadelphia who come to this weekend event.

Will have most new products including Arrow, Castle, Supernatural and Star Wars. Besides the advance tickets of course Smile

posted Hide Post
This Sunday Feb 22nd I will be back in the Tysons Corner (northern Virginia) area once again.

Shoffpromotions.com is the website. Quite a decent show for non-sports (and comic books and supplies) along with the sports section of the show. One new face over on the sports side of the show had a nice selection of vintage material. Besides myself, Wayne from Zenos Books will make the trek up from the Virginia Beach area. Weather should be fine on Sunday as it will be too warm to snow.

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner/Mclean
Chainbridge Road (ROute 123) on the southbound side. Across from the Galleria and sort of close to the Tysons Corner center which is the other side of Route 123.

Show hours 10 AM to 3 PM. Admission is only $2 or $3 per person. Besides the advance tickets will be well stocked with suppplies and the latest titles in our collecting interests-Arrow, Supernatural, Sleepy Hollow and Star Wars Masterwork.

posted Hide Post
This Sunday March 1st I will be at the Philadelphia Comic-Con.

Show hours 10 to 4 and admission is only $3 per person. Packcracker Ted, Paul Zerman from the York/Harrisburg area and myself will have non-sports cards. Held at the
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
76 Industrial Highway
Essington, PA 19029

Conveniently located between exits 8 and 9A off of I-95 so use either exit depending on which direction you are coming from. Just 3 miles south of the Philly airport. Special guest artist is JG Jones who did the cover the new Star Wars #1 (which sold over one million copies!)

Website for the show is-
http://www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

posted Hide Post
This Sunday I will be down in Leesburg, Virginia at the Super Nova Comicon. Decent guest artist list headlined by Herb Trimpe (Hulk 181 artist and TONS of other Marvel titles in the 70's). Besides myself other vendors with cards will be Wayne (from Zenos Books) and Packcracker Ted. 58 tables in the room so a good sized show. Keep in mind mainly comic books like most shows I set up at (besides our beloved semi-annual non-sports show in may and October). Info below-

Show Info:
Leesburg Volunteer Fire Department
215 Loudoun St. SW
Leesburg, Va. 20175
Sunday March 21st
Hours: 10am-3:30pm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: non-sportcards,

posted Hide Post
This Saturday the 21st I will be in Timonium,MD at the state fairgrounds for an annual toy show. While mainly a toy show there are some non-sports at the show. Some hidden within the toy dealers stock and 2-3 strictly non-sports people like myself. A slight chance Packcracker Ted will be setup. Chick from Chicks Collectibles (and a regular vendor at the Allentown show) is usually there each year. It is a super BIG show with 100 dealer booths. Admission is $5 per person. Parking is free and there is plenty of it.

Website for the show promoter is-
http://www.davehartshows.com

Info below is what I copied off his site.

March 21st 2015
(9am-4pm) (ONE DAY SHOW)
Toy & Collectible Show
Timonium Fairgrounds Exhibition Hall
2200 York Rd., Timonium, MD. 21093
100 DEALERS!! ADMISSION $5 FREE PARKING!

posted Hide Post
This Sunday March 29th I will be back at the Tysons Corner Comic Book and Card show. Held at the Crowne Plaza off of Route 123. Directly behind the Marriott on the corner and across from The Galleria Mall. Show hours 10 AM to 3 PM. shoffpromotions.com is the website for the show (and other shows this fine promoter puts on). If in the DC or Baltimore area this show is worth the drive. I make the 3 hour one way drive from NJ to do this show so that should tell you something. Besides the advance two day tickets I will have newer card product at below ebay pricing. New in stock is the Star Wars Rebels product line. I have regular retail boxes and also gravity feed boxes.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
This Sunday March 29th I will be back at the Tysons Corner Comic Book and Card show. Held at the Crowne Plaza off of Route 123. Directly behind the Marriott on the corner and across from The Galleria Mall. Show hours 10 AM to 3 PM. shoffpromotions.com is the website for the show (and other shows this fine promoter puts on). If in the DC or Baltimore area this show is worth the drive. I make the 3 hour one way drive from NJ to do this show so that should tell you something. Besides the advance two day tickets I will have newer card product at below ebay pricing. New in stock is the Star Wars Rebels product line. I have regular retail boxes and also gravity feed boxes.

It's also right across the street from the Tysons Corner metro stop for those who use public transportation.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We are in the final stretch! Can't wait for the next two weeks to go by. In the meantime I will have two more opportunities for collectors to pre-purchase (at a discount) the 2 day passes for our beloved show on May 2/3.

This weekend I will be back in the DC area again. Off of I-495 which is the beltway which goes entirely around the DC city and suburbs. Well worth the drive for most points. I travel 3 hours one way just to setup at these shows! Sunday April 19th. Show hours 10 AM to 3 PM. Admission is $3 per person.

The show will be at the fire hall in Annandale, VA. Don't be fooled by it being in a fire hall. The showplace is super HUGE. Probably 10,000 square feet. Tons of stuff to see and buy.

For the non-sports crowd I will have a whole bunch of sets at a deep discount. Going to be $2.50 for one set. Three or more sets will only be $2 each.

Website for the promoter is http://www.shoffpromotions.com

Directions-
ANNANDALE VA. FIRE HOUSE HALL- 7128 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003. Capital Beltway I-495 to Exit 52B to Va.-236 East Little River Turnpike toward Annandale; proceed 1.5 miles and turn left onto Backlick Rd ( Walgreens is on the left) and a fast right onto Columbia Pike Va-244. Go 2 blocks The fire house is on the left. the show hall is to the left and behind the fire house